Protein Intake and good Diet for cutting bodyfat

jan

150-160 grams of protein to build muscle

hello,

i am a vegetarian for over a decade and now i will become a vegan.

I consumed a lot of organic dairy products but avoid eggs.

My question:

how can i get so much protein without Protein Powder on a vegan diet?

Soybean Products are very expensive in germany (and contents sometimes eggs or milk).

Tofu is very stalely (i dont like it).

I found this homepage

http://www.gotohealth.com/athletes/read.cfm?article_id=15

There were some protein sources.

But what can i consume when i switch to lowcarb in the evening?

Nuts have a lot of fat and i will cut some bodyfat.

I am looking for a vegan meal with 30 Gramm of protein, lowcarb and lowfat.

Is this impossible to find?

Edited by jan

I'm not an expert, but maybe you could try sprouting legumes?

I was reading up on sprouting recently, and I found this info:

http://www.sproutnet.com/Press/sprouts_for_optimum_nutrition.htm

The increase in protein availability is of great significance. It is a valuable indicator of the enhanced nutritional value of a food when sprouted. The simultaneous reduction in carbohydrate content indicates that many carbohydrate molecules are broken down during sprouting to allow an absorption of atmospheric nitrogen and reforming into amino-acids. The resultant protein is the most easily digestible of all proteins available in foods.

It would be very hard to get that much protein in without supplementing with protein powder. Perhaps not impossible, but hard.

I take in about 125 grams a day and I couldn't do it without the three to four protein shakes because my calories would be too high and I would gain unwanted pounds if I tried to take that much in through regular food sources alone.

Have you looked into ordering Protein Powder online and checking what there shipping is internationally? One I use a lot is trueprotein.com. I don't know if they ship internationally but you could give it a shot.

Its easy to get lots of protein without tofu, and supplements. You'll need to take some carbs with that though if were talking about non bean things. All beans are great for protein and very cheap if you buy them dry. Peas are great too. Pasta has a good amount of protein too but you'll get carbs with it. Why are you looking to cut carbs???

Have you looked into ordering Protein Powder online and checking what there shipping is internationally? One I use a lot is trueprotein.com. I don't know if they ship internationally but you could give it a shot.

Hello,

i don't want to support protein-Companies, who sell products with egg-protein/milk-protein from animals that lived bad lives on factory farms.

i am looking for unprocessed, natural organic protein.

BTW: You life in OC? I am very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very jealous:-)

Pasta has a good amount of protein too but you'll get carbs with it. Why are you looking to cut carbs???

I heard from a lot of guys (for example: tom venuto - Burn the Fat Feed The Muscle) that lowcarb in the evening is very effective for fatburning!

I want to cut some bodyfat.

So i am looking for protein without carbs for the evening. And little fat - especially unsaturated & polyunsaturated fatty acids (PFA).

I hear what your saying, but you have to sacrafice somewhere.

You have put alot of obstacles in your path. Let me summarize

1) I want high protein, low carbs

2) I don't like Tofu

3) Soybean products are too expensive

4) I don't want to do Protein Powders

This is a tall order my friend

I eat a diet similar to the one that you are trying to do. Alot of people on this board do not have to watch their carbs. As a women, I have to eat very high protein and low carb if I want to get lean muscle mass and lose the fat. I couldn't do this with all of the obstacles you have. Money is a huge factor for me, so I have to find affordable sources of vegetarian low carb protein, and I can only do that through Protein Powder supplements. There are other sources such as Seitan. It has about 23 grams of protein and 10 carbs. You may want to look into that.

My only other suggestion to you is to find companies that only sell Vegetarian Protein and products. You will pay more, but that is definitely an alternative.

Vega is a vegan company who sells vegan protein powder. Manitoba Farms only sells organic hemp products which is where I get my Hemp Protein Powder.

So you do have options. Its just that they will be a little pricier.

Oh, and finally, about what to eat at night. Yes, I do not eat many carbs at night. I take in a protein powder shake with a large green vegetable as my last 1 or 2 meals of the day, simply because every other Vegetarian protein source has more carbs than my body requires at night time.

thanks Melissa for that great advice,

i think i buy a soy-protein.

30 g a day is a real joke, my bodyweight is 90 kg = 198 lb.

the WHO (World Health Organization) says 0.8 per bw to obtained, thats 72 g.

but back to lowcarb diet

i am very confused about a good diet.

a lot of studies say."a calorie is a calorie".

so it doesn't matter of your 300 calories are from low fat milk or from M&Ms (yes milk have more protein and causes a higher postprandial thermogenisis, but this is just a example).

if you have a adequate amount of protein and a caloriedeficit you will lose bodyfat.

And check this:

Mike Mentzer was also known for his adoption of the approach that "a calorie is a calorie", and would often torment bodybuilders who were strictly dieting, by freely eating Danishes and other off-limit foods close to competitions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Mentzer

I love carbs and a lowcarb diet ist very hard.

okay i want to go on 10% Bodyfat, so i have to lose only 4-5 Kg Fat.

I suppose there are people who have washboardabs by observe only a deficit and eating sweets.

What do you think?

don't you understand? the WHO does not know anything about RAW protein...

the recommended account of 0.8 protein is for heated protein, which means only about 20 % of that amount!

over 80 % are simply ashes...

with your 72 g of heated protein you only get about 14 g

You will not obtain 10% bodyfat with M&M's, danishes or whatever junk food your heart desires. You may lose some overall weight, and some fat, but you won't be happy with your shape. That's why you are on a bodybuilding forum I assume. Because you want the physique of a fitness model or figure competitor, am I correct? You will NEVER meet one of those girls in the fitness mags who got that body by eating junk. PERIOD!

Each body is different. 99.9% of the people on this board don't have to watch their carb intake as strictly as I do. I am in my late 30's and have screwed up my metabolism with dieting through my 20's I guess. All I know is that I have to be stricter than most.

You have to experiment. Yes, low carb is very hard. I wish that I could acheive my ideal physique with more carbs. And maybe YOU can.

Also, clean carbs are the way to go. Oatmeal, sweet potatoes, brown rice, legumes along with lots of fibrous carbs, limited good healthy fats such as flax seed oil and the protein sources we discussed.

Good luck. And yes, even if you don't have to do as low as carbs as I do (I hope you don't, it sucks!).... changing your physique is hard! If you want 10% bodyfat, you are going to have to work your ass off for it. I do 2 hours of cardio a day and weight train 6 days a week and my body has been stuck at 16% bodyfat now for a month! It takes extreme dedication to acheive 10% bodyfat. If that is your goal, be prepared to work your ass off for it! Good luck

the recommended account of 0.8 protein is for heated protein, which means only about 20 % of that amount!

So, if I'm in a sauna, 80% of my skin will be destroyed?

Edited by offense74

So, if I'm in a sauna, my skin will be destroyed?

Yes it will, the protein in your skin becomes cooked.

Please don't state false information.

The only difference is that the peptide bonds are broken apart during cooking, individual amino acids are easier to assimilate than "raw" protein...

If cooked protein eaters only get that small amount, what makes up their muscle mass? It must be cooked food fat or something.

When all this magic happens, why isn't it all turned to ash, how come it's specifically 14g?

Ashes...

Edited by Zack

It takes extreme dedication to acheive 10% bodyfat. If that is your goal, be prepared to work your ass off for it! Good luck

thanks melissa,

for girls it is very hard to get to 10%, i agree. 16% are fabulous.

But i am a man, 10% are not so extreme.

In the past i had a heavy house moving and ate a lot of junk-food (snickers) and also burn a lot of calories and go down to a very low bodyfat-level.

so i thought about the meaning of clean diets.

but its very difficult to control your appetite with junkfood.

It takes extreme dedication to acheive 10% bodyfat. If that is your goal, be prepared to work your ass off for it! Good luck

thanks melissa,

for girls it is very hard to get to 10%, i agree. 16% are fabulous.

But i am a man, 10% are not so extreme.

In the past i had a heavy house moving and ate a lot of junk-food (snickers) and also burn a lot of calories and go down to a very low bodyfat-level.

so i thought about the meaning of clean diets.

but its very difficult to control your appetite with junkfood.

Its definitely a problem to think raw protein is so much better than cooked. I won't say its worse but its by no means 80% better. As for the protein thing no you don't need 0.8 per pound. Its fine if you want that to try to gain muscle but its not a necessary amount...that same organization tells people to eat lots of dairy and eggs and more than likely they have a similar plan as the US where sweets actually have a recommended number...I'm not saying sweets will kill you if you only eat a few of them but we all know you don't need 1-2 tootsie rolls a day to survive.

Veggieprincess,

Have you tried cycling calories? Sometimes it helps to rev up your metabolism w/ some higher calorie (and more carb ) days and then do some random lower calorie days. That way you could possibly enjoy more carbs.

Also, you might want to check out www.cbass.com He is not vegetarian, but has a lot of great info on bodyfat. He eats a realatively high carb diet and others have had success following it too.

Veg

You will not obtain 10% bodyfat with M&M's, danishes or whatever junk food your heart desires. You may lose some overall weight, and some fat, but you won't be happy with your shape. That's why you are on a bodybuilding forum I assume. Smile Because you want the physique of a fitness model or figure competitor, am I correct? You will NEVER meet one of those girls in the fitness mags who got that body by eating junk.

Okay!

Mentzer was also known for his adoption of the approach that "a calorie is a calorie", and would often torment bodybuilders who were strictly dieting, by freely eating Danishes and other off-limit foods close to competitions.

mmmhhh....so Mike Mentzer was a liar?

Sorry Jan!!!

I was totally directing my posts towards a woman

Men can DEFINITELY get away with more carbs, and they should be having more carbs to refuel the workouts and for energy. Clean carb sources will obtain the best results.

If you were able to trim fat while eating bad foods, I think that means you have a really good metabolism and will see some great results with some clean eating.

I don't know how the translator thingy works or I'd take a look at the diet you plan on following, but good luck and keep us posted

Veggieprincess,

Have you tried cycling calories? Sometimes it helps to rev up your metabolism w/ some higher calorie (and more carb ) days and then do some random lower calorie days. That way you could possibly enjoy more carbs.

Also, you might want to check out www.cbass.com He is not vegetarian, but has a lot of great info on bodyfat. He eats a realatively high carb diet and others have had success following it too.

Veg

Funny you should mention this. I KNOW I need to be cycling. I have found an R.D. and Bodybuilding Nutritionist/Trainer who does Vegan programs and I'm going to enlist his help in about a week (as soon as I get paid). I have alot of faith in this man. I know some people who are very happy with their results and he's done alot of contest diets for bodybuilders and figure competitors.

I do some carb cycling on my own, but I do need some help. As a personal trainer, sometimes I think that I"m really stubborn to admit that I need to hire someone who knows more about this stuff, but its about results, so yeah, I'm going to have someone help me.

I do some carb cycling on my own, but I do need some help. As a personal trainer, sometimes I think that I"m really stubborn to admit that I need to hire someone who knows more about this stuff, but its about results, so yeah, I'm going to have someone help me.

Tom Venuto explain all facts in his ebook "Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle".

He talks about 3:1 ratio. 3 days lowcarb (about 200 gramm carbs for men) and 1 High-Day!

That should be the fatburn-booster, he told.

Some clients had dramatically results.

If you looking for elaboration, i can post the facts in a brief.