Please give me some structure ideas

robert

Thanks again for all the feedback. I will make some changes on Monday. I feel that the direction changed when my own personal direction changed. I don't think it is totally a bad thing, but I can see how we can improve the current forum and I'll take those actions to make it happen.

Have a great weekend everyone.

flanders made good additions.

A seperate Raw food section and a Video/Photo section.

I agree that it may be a good idea to seperate the Raw.

In fact, what do you think of this:

Raw Nutrition/Lifestyle/Training

Discuss Raw Food programs, lifestyle and training with other raw foodists

Then, people who are trying to gain muscle, do marathons or get Nutritional Programs have a place to go and discuss all of their goals with other Raw Foodists, and if new members post things like "I want to gain muscle and I only eat raw", they can be directed to the Raw Food section that could better help them, instead of encoutering feedback and debates from people who are Vegan but haven't adopted a Raw Food lifestyle.

I think, if a program can be done for this, threads should be constantly organized and reorganized according to subject matter instead of simply by chronological order. For instance, the protein question gets asked over and over again, yet threads regarding it are all over the place, at different times etc. It would be a lot easier to search for past topics if they could be found easily grouped together by key words perhaps. Would this be possibble?

I may take a break from Vegan Holiday Festival planning to work on this. If I don't take a break, I'll go completely insane. Seriously.

Anyway, I am thinking of a combination of what flanders, veggieprincess, kon and Richard wrote. I think flanders has the closest to what I have in mind, but I'll add a few other sections.

If I remember correctly flanders took us down from 32 sections to 11 sections. I'm a little more comfortable with something like 15 sections because there are certain topics not listed that I'd still like to see. I'll see what I can come up with tonight, time permitting.

What do you think about this?

Welcome to Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

1. Introductions

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Training

2. Beginner’s Questions

For those just starting out in the world of bodybuilding, or new to fitness, get your questions answered here.

3. Bodybuilding/Strength Training

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

4. General Fitness/Other Sports

Discuss Cycling, Marathons, Endurance Sports, Martial Arts, Yoga, all other sports

5. Blogs/Training Journals

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

6. Before/After Photos & Progress Photos

Post your before and after photos here. Share success stories and show your progress.

Health & Nutrition

7. Health & Nutrition Programs

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general heath.

8. Raw Food Nutrition & Lifestyle

Discuss the raw food lifestyle here. Ask and answer questions relating to raw foods.

9. Recipes

Share your favorite recipes with us.

General

10. General Discussion

Discuss anything else on your mind with other like-minded people.

11. Events/Meet-ups/Gatherings

Post events for activism, bodybuilding, fitness, yoga, and anything else going on in the world of Vegan Health and Fitness. Use this section for regional meet-ups, gatherings, and event notifications for forum-member activities.

12. General Photos and Videos

Post all other photos and videos here. They can be photos/videos from bodybuilding or other sports, photos/videos of animals or foods, nature, whatever you like.

13. Relationships – Personals – Vegan Dating

This is an area to discuss relationships, post your own personal profile, and explore vegan dating. Disclaimer - This forum section is viewable by registered members only. It is not appropriate for readers under 18, and may contain adult material that some people could find offensive. Do not enter this section if you are under 18 or easily offended by adult topics. You have been warned. –Respectfully, the VB&F Team.

Okay. I have a few ideas for this Forum. My two cents if you will

Introductions/Returning and Leaving Members

A place to not only welcome new members but to let the other members know when you will be leaving for a long period of time and let them know when you have returned.

Vegan Life-Style

Includes various Health Plans, Nutrition, Recepies, Vegan Dating, A place to talk about the poliitics of Veganism as well as other things.

Members Corners

A place just for the members. A way for us to discuss issues, ideas and events that we may not want the whole world to see. Like if were planning a smal gathering at So and So's house. We don't want strangers to know where it is. Or if we have plans or...well whatever. There are things best kept between us ^_^. Also for example. Physical health concerns or personal problems that are private. Like I wouldn't want the world to know that I suffer from LacktimusDelaBigPenImus . This could also include a place to post pictures and videos that we may not want everyone to see. We could sticky one topic for everyones pictures and another for everyones videos and this would all be kept in private veiwing. That way members who are wary of being seen by strangers cannot see the pictures. This would also be like the community section too. A place for the members to socialize and to gather. Trust me Zack is onto something with this Private Members only section. There's good reason for it.

General Discussion:

Movies, Music, Reading, Video Games Help with a technological problem, or anything else that is generalized.

Bodybuilding

The backbone of who we are. Eveything about sports and fit0-ness will go here.

I didn't read too much into your post, Dr. Pink, but I like the idea about people leaving some kind of note. We talked a lot at VV about who's been where, and why who isn't posting anymore, and I'd like to not be able to have that conversation (albeit a lot of times there is bad news attached).

What do you think about this?

Welcome to Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

1. Introductions

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Training

2. Beginner’s Questions

For those just starting out in the world of bodybuilding, or new to fitness, get your questions answered here.

3. Bodybuilding/Strength Training

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

4. General Fitness/Other Sports

Discuss Cycling, Marathons, Endurance Sports, Martial Arts, Yoga, all other sports

5. Blogs/Training Journals

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

6. Before/After Photos & Progress Photos

Post your before and after photos here. Share success stories and show your progress.

Health & Nutrition

7. Health & Nutrition Programs

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general heath.

8. Raw Food Nutrition & Lifestyle

Discuss the raw food lifestyle here. Ask and answer questions relating to raw foods.

9. Recipes

Share your favorite recipes with us.

General

10. General Discussion

Discuss anything else on your mind with other like-minded people.

11. Events/Meet-ups/Gatherings

Post events for activism, bodybuilding, fitness, yoga, and anything else going on in the world of Vegan Health and Fitness. Use this section for regional meet-ups, gatherings, and event notifications for forum-member activities.

12. General Photos and Videos

Post all other photos and videos here. They can be photos/videos from bodybuilding or other sports, photos/videos of animals or foods, nature, whatever you like.

13. Relationships – Personals – Vegan Dating

This is an area to discuss relationships, post your own personal profile, and explore vegan dating. Disclaimer - This forum section is viewable by registered members only. It is not appropriate for readers under 18, and may contain adult material that some people could find offensive. Do not enter this section if you are under 18 or easily offended by adult topics. You have been warned. –Respectfully, the VB&F Team.

I agree with this Robert