Introducing... me.

Catti-Brie

I wanted to post an intro before I just jumped in and started posting.

I'm Catti-Brie. I've been vegetarian for a long time, but vegan for about a year. I honestly don't know why I didn't do it sooner. The food is tastier and I feel much better all around. It's also allowed me to go off my diabetes medication, which has been a blessing, especially considering I've always been fit and always felt it was unfair that I developed type II diabetes despite never being unhealthy.

Anyway, I've been seriously into lifting and fitness for about ten years or so. I'm a certified personal trainer (NASM, NSCA, ISSA), but I don't do anything with that. Instead I'm about to start on a masters/PhD program for clinical psychology. I am also a writer and trying to get my second book finished and published, which happens to be a vegan cookbook. (The first book never got published... it's a really, really bad novel sitting on my hard drive for eternity.. lol.)

I am a yoga nut, love to lift, hike, and do any type of cardio that doesn't involve droning away on some machine. I have a husband and a son and some wonderful dogs.

Anyway, hi. I'm looking forward to getting involved here. I've been on a few other fitness boards over the years, but since being vegan I find it harder and harder to relate to those crowds, so I'm really excited to be a part of this board.

I'm going to the University of Arkansas. Previously I went to the University of Maryland.

No, my dogs are not vegan. I haven't yet made the switch because I'm reluctant to do so until I've done all of the researching that I can on it so as to make the absolute best decision for them and their health. One of them was a rescue that has very fragile health due to all of the abuse she went through and I'm really hesitant to make the switch to vegan for her, especially. If you have any resources you can direct me to, I'd like that. Do you have vegan dogs? I've heard so many things for both sides... and of course, when you ask the vet about it they look at you like you're nuts.

I'm going to the University of Arkansas. Previously I went to the University of Maryland.

No, my dogs are not vegan. I haven't yet made the switch because I'm reluctant to do so until I've done all of the researching that I can on it so as to make the absolute best decision for them and their health. One of them was a rescue that has very fragile health due to all of the abuse she went through and I'm really hesitant to make the switch to vegan for her, especially. If you have any resources you can direct me to, I'd like that. Do you have vegan dogs? I've heard so many things for both sides... and of course, when you ask the vet about it they look at you like you're nuts.

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here!

I'm a vegan mom too, plus I have two vegan dogs that are doing great! The book "Obligate Carnivore" by Jed Gillen is an excellent resource for explaining how and the importance of veganizing pets. I look forward to chatting with you. Ciao