So I Have A Little Problem

veggieprincess

I think I am addicted to the internet.

It started a couple months ago when I spent alot of time building my website. A couple weeks after that I went through a breakup and became obsessed with checking my emails. Now, I find overwhelming urges to be online all the time. It is making me feel extremely unproductive.

My life has become centered around working out and being on the computer. I need to find some balance. So, this week I'm going to cancel my internet service and use the library computer that limits us to 1 hour of use per day. It sounds extreme but I know I have a problem because a couple Sunday's ago, I promised myself I would turn off the computer for the rest of the day and I only made it through 6 hours.

Okay, so I guess I was wondering if anyone else felt they were a little bit addicted to the internet?

I have been in this situation off and on for 5 years. The only time I didn't use the internet much was when I worked on cruise ships and it was $9 an hour to use. But for the past 3 years, I've never gone more than 4 days without using the internet and I've been known to be online for 16 hours in a day

I've done some amazing things online and built up large communities so I don't feel too bad, but I know I need to greatly reduce the amount of time I spend online. It's a pretty HUGE problem for me too! All this traveling I'm doing is helping me get away from the computer a bit and spend more time exploring and more time with people.

I do feel that some of my time online is very productive, but I know I mess around online waaaay too much!

you gotta learn how to take advantage of the better things it offers, and not be browsing mindlessly if you're worried about wasting time.

I spend alot of time online, and im currently in the process to try and make it a good thing by setting specific goals I want to accomplish when using it.

I feel that way too for many things that I do. I think I am extremely efficient at times. I rarely randomly browse around. I work, listen to music, and visit forums and myspace, but I mostly work. Right now I'm working on an interview for VegNews Magazine and I have many other projects in the works at the moment.

I like that outlook, to get the most out of the internet by being efficient.

I'm more addicted to the forum than anything else. I feel like I'm missing a part of my life if I'm not on here twice a day. As for the rest of the internet there are things I feel I need to do every day on it and I'd say I just have a small problem with that. But for the most part I'd say I'm very addicted. Luckily there isn't anything going on in my life now that the internet will screw up. Last year though I surely used time here that could have gone into my classes.

If your conputer boots slow try turning it off after you check email and soforth so you wont have the urge to wait around for it to boot up. I have the same problem. right now im taking on both mommy and daddy roles 6 days a week and I really have no friends out where I live that are even remotely interested in fitness and veganism so here is where I come to mingle...lol

I use the internet a lot, but if I am away from it, I don't miss it, and I am not addicted to it. Having said that, I feel bad that I waste so much time online, when I could be doing more productive things, I sometimes spend most of the day in front of my computer, and it's a bad habit when nothing is actually bein achieved.

Tasha, can you just sign up with gmail or yahoo?

I spend way too much time online too, just wasting time. It's not really voluntary though, since my job puts me right in front of a computer for the whole day.

that was cute Pamela

I just signed into a gmail account. Then I tought I would give my aol account a shot and it sign me again! YAAAH I thought my life was over Just kidding.

if you wanted to know my gmail account I can PM you

Thanks !

that was cute Pamela

I just signed into a gmail account. Then I tought I would give my aol account a shot and it sign me again! YAAAH I thought my life was over Just kidding.

if you wanted to know my gmail account I can PM you

Thanks !

Yeah, PM me your gmail. I have one too... we can chat sometime!

Tasha, can you just sign up with gmail or yahoo?

I spend way too much time online too, just wasting time. It's not really voluntary though, since my job puts me right in front of a computer for the whole day.

Same here. I'm NEVER on my computer at home. In fact, I try to avoid it at all costs. But at the office, I'm chained to it, and right now our office is DEAD. So there's nothing to do but surf the web. On the plus side, it did cause me to find your awesome community!

I used to work at AOL though and when I was there, I was completely hooked!