Randy Coutre Resigns!

big news on the MMA scene. current UFC heavyweight champion Randy "The Natural" Coutre has suddenly relinquished his belt and resigned from UFC. he will not even be commentating at any events. apparently this decision stems from two things. one, Fedor has signed with another company so Randy has no chance of fighting him, and that is the only fight he really wants. and two, Randy heard what the UFC is paying other top names, and it way more than they have ever paid him. so he feels used and disrespected by the UFC.

I know Fedor (Emelianenko) just signed with another organization and that's the only real fight that makes sense for me at 44 years old as the heavyweight champion of the UFC. That's the fight I wanted and if that can't happen it doesn't make sense for me to compete...

I've heard Chuck's numbers. Tito's numbers. Hughes' numbers. Quinton's numbers. Cro Cop, Wanderlei. I heard what they were offering Fedor, and it's insulting."

it's all over the MMA sites i have seen, it's on Randy's official website. it's all anyone is talking about right now. i guess it is just so sudden. here is a link to just one of the many articles.

big news on the MMA scene. current UFC heavyweight champion Randy "The Natural" Coutre has suddenly relinquished his belt and resigned from UFC. he will not even be commentating at any events. apparently this decision stems from two things. one, Fedor has signed with another company so Randy has no chance of fighting him, and that is the only fight he really wants. and two, Randy heard what the UFC is paying other top names, and it way more than they have ever paid him. so he feels used and disrespected by the UFC.

I know Fedor (Emelianenko) just signed with another organization and that's the only real fight that makes sense for me at 44 years old as the heavyweight champion of the UFC. That's the fight I wanted and if that can't happen it doesn't make sense for me to compete...

I've heard Chuck's numbers. Tito's numbers. Hughes' numbers. Quinton's numbers. Cro Cop, Wanderlei. I heard what they were offering Fedor, and it's insulting."

it's all over the MMA sites i have seen, it's on Randy's official website. it's all anyone is talking about right now. i guess it is just so sudden. here is a link to just one of the many articles.

I am not surprised at all. Dana sucks. They think that they have the corner on mma , with WEC, Pride and UFC, and now can do what ever they want. Is it even possible to lose more respect for the UFC.

Whites respnse:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=9465

how much time is left on Randys contract with UFC? Is it based on fights or periods of time? The way that Dana says that Randy is undercontract and Dana will be there to promote him when he comes back, seems to me to be a reference to Randy having a ridiculously long contract.

how much time is left on Randys contract with UFC? Is it based on fights or periods of time? The way that Dana says that Randy is undercontract and Dana will be there to promote him when he comes back, seems to me to be a reference to Randy having a ridiculously long contract.

i am confused about this too. i remember when he came out of retirement, reading that Randy was signed to a 4 fight contract. he has had only 2 fights so far, so it would seem he still has 2 left on his contract. but in one of these articles on sherdog i read that he has 8 months left on his contract. so i don't know how this contract works. i wonder what will happen if Randy tries to fight Fedor somewhere else. as one article put it "Couture did not retire from mixed martial arts … he simply resigned from the UFC".

i am confused about this too. i remember when he came out of retirement, reading that Randy was signed to a 4 fight contract. he has had only 2 fights so far, so it would seem he still has 2 left on his contract. but in one of these articles on sherdog i read that he has 8 months left on his contract. so i don't know how this contract works. i wonder what will happen if Randy tries to fight Fedor somewhere else. as one article put it "Couture did not retire from mixed martial arts … he simply resigned from the UFC".

Perhaps it is that he had 8 months left to have those 2 remaining fights?

I dont know it confuses me too.

Fedor and Randy would be something, but Fedor has plenty of time to wait as I think that he is 31, and Randy does not he is already 44

Fedor's group's statement on the issue:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/interviews.asp?n_id=8422