Robert, Why Did You Cut Out Soy?

The main reason I cut back on soy (I haven't completely cut it out) is because I ate soy foods for 6-8 meals a day for 10 years. I more soy than almost anyone on the planet, especially back in the 2000-2003 years when I was eating 300 grams of protein per day (mostly from soy) often including 5-7 Clif Bars a day and many packages of processed tofu and soy foods.

I just felt like that was all I was eating and I was often bloated and gassy and all these other things I thought were related to soy.

I cut way back on it to the point where I could go days or even weeks without even having any soy at all. A major change from consuming it 6 times a day.

Basically I didn't want to develop an allergy to it since soy is a common allergen and I learned from Brendan Brazier that there were a lot more healthier options out there. Then I discovered green vegetables and certain grains I'd never heard of or had before.

I don't avoid soy as if it were dairy, I just don't go out of my way to get it very often. I've added new foods to my diet and I think it is a better balance.

I made my best gains when I was eating all that soy, but it was also a time in my life when I was the most dedicated to training and eating and living a bodybuilding lifestyle. I have lived that lifestyle for years, so I think there were other factors than just the high soy content that led to strength gains and muscle gains.

I don't have major issues with soy, I just think some foods might be better, leave less of an environmental footprint on the planet, and provide more variety to a diet that is already heavily laden in soy.

With my reduced intake of soy, I noticed that I still get bloated and gassy, so it wasn't totally related to soy after all.

That is pretty much my relationship with soy now. Not six times a day, but also not never.

I don't think organic soy grow for things like soymilk and tofu leave much of a footprint on the planet (unless it's just fields and fields like we grow corn), I think it's the stuff they use for cheap feed, the fields and fields and fields laden with pesticides and everything else.

I have never eaten as much soy as Robert, but there was a point where I was probably drinking a quart of soymilk everyday, but once I started to branch out and stop drinking that much soy, I was forced to find a larger variety of foods, which is a move I don't regret.

I don't see much reason in avoiding soy unless you have a bad history with it. I don't eat soy like I use to since I'm trying to avoid protein but I know I'd be completely fine if I was still eating tons of it. I really miss eating soy like I used to and eating tons of soy an everything else is pretty much the only thing I look forward in terms of retiring from racing.

I don't see much reason in avoiding soy unless you have a bad history with it. I don't eat soy like I use to since I'm trying to avoid protein but I know I'd be completely fine if I was still eating tons of it. I really miss eating soy like I used to and eating tons of soy an everything else is pretty much the only thing I look forward in terms of retiring from racing.

I think a reason he chose to avoid it more is because he was eating a lot of fake meats, and wanted to find more variety.

I don't eat soy like I use to since I'm trying to avoid protein.

Wow potter we live in different universes!!! You are too funny. I know that is consistent with your goals but I really just get a kick out of it.

I think you ate enough burritos in Portland to show us without words that you had far different goals.

I don't eat soy like I use to since I'm trying to avoid protein.

Wow potter we live in different universes!!! You are too funny. I know that is consistent with your goals but I really just get a kick out of it.

I think you ate enough burritos in Portland to show us without words that you had far different goals.

LOL. Actually I haven't eaten that many burritos lately. Mostly rice, pasta, potatoes, oats, soy foods, and buckwheat and pea proteins. But enough about me, back to the thread at hand.

I eat soy like it's going out of style, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Well I found out that I am allergic to soy and wheat. I knew I had a problem with wheat because of the hives and only suspected the soy. It is in practically everything packaged.

I wasn't big on soy products but when I ate a soy protein bar I really felt bad. Rapid pulse, hives etc....

I don't like beans that much so I am looking for some foods that are high in protein that I like. I think I like beans better when they aren't cooked so much. I eat mostly raw foods though...like greens and fresh veggies.

Do you think nuts and seeds provide enough protein? Love them on my salad.