The Journal of Veggie P (Melissa)

I don't think you need to worry about 12oz of wine so much.

Potter, if we were married and I listened to you with my diet, I'd weigh 200 lbs, I'd have two chins and my ass would need its own zip code. I just can't get away with as much as other people.

I trained for a marathon last year. I was half way through my training cycle and I was up to 15 mile runs. I quit because I started to get so FAT!!! I needed extra carbs for energy and I gained 10 lbs. I tried cutting back and then I didn't have any energy for my runs. I'm not kidding you. 10 lbs. All to my hips, butt and thighs. Go figure!

Lets just agree that your a stud muffin with the metabolism of a 12 year old and can eat anything you want and some of us aren't as fortunate as you

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh trust me...if I ate whatever I wanted I'd gain tons of weight. Granted it wasn't all actual weight but last year I got to VV 06 weighing in at 194...three days later and boom...216. It was insane and there were many witnesses to my weight gain however a couple hundred calories of wine on day(not every day) in a few weeks won't put 10 lbs on you. I gain weight easier than anyone here...fat and probably muscle and I keep a close eye on what I eat but a slight deviation won't kill you unless you make a habit of it.

I don't get why your ass would need a new zip code

It was a joke because I've heard him say quite a few times not to worry about carb consumption.... not to worry about wine..... not too concern myself with my protein intake. For my body type, if I took his advice, I would gain weight.... and everytime I gain weight it all goes to my butt, thus the zip code joke. J.LO booty all the way. No matter how much weight I lose, my getto bootie always hangs on for dear life

I trained for a marathon last year. I was half way through my training cycle and I was up to 15 mile runs. I quit because I started to get so FAT!!! I needed extra carbs for energy and I gained 10 lbs. I tried cutting back and then I didn't have any energy for my runs. I'm not kidding you. 10 lbs. All to my hips, butt and thighs. Go figure!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gains weight when marathon training. It makes me get slower too!!!

My book is in the car again. Lets see if I can remember what I did:

Leg Extension 3 sets 15 45/45/50 lbs

Reverse Crunches on decline bench - 3 sets to failure (about 130 total)

Smith Machine Lunges - 3 sets 35 lbs

EZ Bar Bicep Curls - 3 sets 30 lbs

DB Shoulder Press - 3 sets 15 lbs

Pushups 3 sets 10 to 12

Preacher Curls - 3 sets 45 lbs

Cardio: 40 minutes Stepmill - 20 minutes Recumbent Bike. Supposed to do 15 extra minutes to make up for Sundays cheat. Didn't happen

I try to superset everything. The weight portion of the workout never takes more than 30 minutes.

Was out too late tonite without Meal 4 prepared so I had to do a Cliffs Builder Bar to replace the meal. They have a new Chocolate Mint flavor. IT IS SOOOOOOO YUMMY!!!!!!

That's it. Man, this workout schedule takes along time. Feels like it takes longer than when I was doing 2 hours of cardio a day but that's because I can't get away with any at home workout anymore. They all have to be done in the gym

Anyway, still chugging along. Not enough water today. Oh, I should mention that there was a reason for that cheat meal on Sunday and I'm a bit nervous about this week. It is 7 days before that female thing and cravings are always so intense during this time. I was noticing that my body feels really weak today because I'm so used to giving it the extra calories (through extra carbs) the week before. I know its very connected to biology and the fact that females are designed to carry on the species. I have to be really strong this week not to give in to the urges to eat every crunchy salty thing I see.

Cardio Day: 60 minutes treadmill on an incline 13 - 15 incline 3.0 - 3.4 pace

Stepmill 30 minutes

Trainer making me do 15 extra minutes for 5 days as my punishment for a 2nd cheat. I'm glad. Feels good to have something to offset it. Removed all nuts from house, so I'm just doing avocados and flax oil as fat sources. That shouldn't trigger anymore nut fests.

Its hard to think about anything but the fires. I try to tell myself its not so bad. Its easy to decensitize yourself because we spend so much time indoors.

Its not until you go out to your car and its covered in ashes, or you pick your daughter up from school and all the kids are wearing surgical masks over their face reminiscent of a war zone. Or the eerie surreal sunsets that truly make it look like you live on a different planet. The thick haze of smoke is everywhere and an eerie orange firey glow is in the sky. Everytime you breathe in, it's like sucking up a bonfire. Ashes fall down all around you like snowflakes.

It really makes you think about life. Knowing that the fires closest to me were set by an arsenist just saddens me to my core. If anyone is following the Southern California fires, I am pretty close to the Santiago Canyon fire. Not close enough to be in danger, but close. Those canyons are my favorite areas of Orange County. There is a Wildlife Bird Sanctuary up there that I go to sometimes and I really don't know if its still there. I keep thinking of all those peaceful birds. There's a monastery up there. That was most likely effected. Many old homes and cabins that have been around for at least a hundred years or so. The canyons were the only place left in Orange County that had that old rustic charm and now it is ruined by one sicko with a match. I was driving home from the gym tonight thinking about all the peaceful wildlife that was killed these past few days by one human. I'm definitely going to go do some volunteer work if they'll let me.

Anyway, its a sad day here in Southern California.....

I'm definitely pissed that an arsonist did this but it was bound to happen with or without an arsonist since people aren't intended to live in fire zones and a fire would have started there no matter what. That land is beautiful but its been burning regularly for hundreds and hundreds of years. Its similar to natural flood zones that should be enjoyed but not inhabited. This is supposed to happen but only with not so many people/animals in its path. The land will be back to normal in less than ten years or so which shows its meant to be. Try burning down that many acres in the Appalachian Mountains...they won't look the same for 100years.

didn't have time to get to everything I needed tonite. My own fault. I needed to start earlier and the gym closed before I got done with everything...

Single Leg Leg Press

3 sets 15 ea leg 10 lbs

Incline Chest Press on smith machine

3 sets 10 @ 20 lbs ea side

Seated Bicep Curl

3 sets 15 lbs

(It was funny cuz I wanted the 10's. So this guy was hogging the 8, 10 and 12 lb dumbells all by his little bench doing bicep curls. And I go, "are you using all these?" and he goes "yeah" and looked kind of annoyed at me for asking... So now I'm annoyed cuz he's using all the free weight, so my adrenalines pumping and I grab the 15 lbs and sat down at the bench right next to him and did my curls while he just watched with his little puny weights.... it was a very sweet revenge)

Overhead Tricep Pull

3 sets 12 30/40 lbs

Seated High Row

3 sets 12 @ 30/40

1 hour Stepmill

g'nite

Seated Bicep Curl

3 sets 15 lbs

(It was funny cuz I wanted the 10's. So this guy was hogging the 8, 10 and 12 lb dumbells all by his little bench doing bicep curls. And I go, "are you using all these?" and he goes "yeah" and looked kind of annoyed at me for asking... So now I'm annoyed cuz he's using all the free weight, so my adrenalines pumping and I grab the 15 lbs and sat down at the bench right next to him and did my curls while he just watched with his little puny weights.... it was a very sweet revenge)

Haha very nice!

• 1 month later...

@ veggieprincess

Very, very good job.

Do you have switched to carbs, yet?

what about our eating-pattern?

do you go now on a normal healty diet? or any longer the lowcarb way?

Can you post a typical eating plan for a day with a lowcarbvegandiet?

thanks!

@ veggieprincess

Very, very good job.

Do you have switched to carbs, yet?

what about our eating-pattern?

do you go now on a normal healty diet? or any longer the lowcarb way?

Can you post a typical eating plan for a day with a lowcarbvegandiet?

thanks!

thanks Jan. I think my carbs are not as low as I lead people to believe. I get in 2 fruit servings a day, two grain/starch servings and 5 - 6 veggie servings, so no, I don't think I'll be able to do more carbs than that EVER on a consistent basis without gaining weight.

What I am dying to do is get rid of so many shakes and that will happen soon. I have to admit I'm really, really really really sick of protein shakes. Even the sound of the blender gets on my nerves these days

So I'm highly considering training for a show March/2008.

It is from the NPC division, which I'm not too sure about. I asked some advice on another board and one of the competitors said they want a softer look for this particular show that is located 15 minutes away. I never wanted to have a really muscular look, but if she's right and I feel that I could not get more muscular than I'm comfortable with, yet still place well, I am going to go for it.

I will needs lots and lots of support. It was hard enough dieting for 1 month for a photo shoot. I'm very nervous about having the discipline for a 12 week stretch. The diet that I do is very strict. I'm never hungry on it and have tons of energy, but it is so strict! I just wonder if I could do it for 12 weeks.

Here are my physique goals.

1) Get bodyfat back to 14% so that I can take a break until 12 weeks out. I'm probably back up to 17% BF right now. The holidays have kicked the motivation out of me. That and the wine

2) Begin Pre-Comp trainng 1/24/07

• 1 month later...

Day 1 - 12 Weeks Out

I have that nasty cold that everyone has come down with so trying to get my workout in literally took 4 hours today.

I had Legs/Biceps and 1 hour cardio scheduled. I got it in, but with a million breaks in between where I felt light-headed and had to sit down. Couldn't lift anything very heavy either and the cardio had to be broken up in three 20 minute blocks, but I did it!

Smith Machine Squats

4 x 12 @ 35 lbs

Stationary Lunges

4 x 12 @ 25 lb dbells

Leg Curls

4 x 8 @ 50 lbs

Calf Raise

4 x 14 @45 lbs

Standing Barbell Curl

3 x 12 @ 25 lbs

Preacher Curls

3 x 12 @ 15 lbs

Crunches

4 90 second sets

60 min recumbent bike.

Eating right on track. My blender broke and I can't afford a new one so I'm using the Cuisinart for all shakes and it works pretty darn good!

Tired now, so g'nite.

Half of my workout is done. I still have:

4 sets V Sit-Up @ 90 secs each

35 minutes cardio

to complete

So far I've done:

Barbell Upright Row

1 x 12 40 lbs

3 x 12 50 lbs

One Arm DB Row

1 x 12 15 lbs

1 x 12 17.5 lbs

1x 12 20 lbs

1 x 12 20 lbs

1 x 8 25 lbs

Lat Pulldown

3 x 12 @ 50 lbs (my weak little lats. you can always tell the bodypart you like working the least and for me that is back!!!

Upright Row

2 x 15 40 lbs

1 x 12 45 lbs

1 x 12 50 lbs

15 min Treadmilll @ 15 incline

20 min Elyptical

My one arm rows were supposed to be only 4 sets but the girl next to me doing her 1 arm dumbell rows at 5 pounds annoyed me so much that when I caught her watching me doing my 1 arm DB rows, I just really needed to show her how it's done. I don't say this in a cocky way, I've been out of training for awhile so my lifts are pretty weak right now, especially the back, but I just get frustrated at the limits that people (especially women) put on themselves in the gym and I blame the trainers. I swear I want to take some digital images around the gym of every trainer in there having their client hold the 3 pound pink princess dumbells (stolen from Offense...LOL). I mean, I"ve been out of training for awhile now and my back is really weak but for christ sakes ladies, the sack of flour you carry around the kitchen is heavier than that dumbell!

You're not going to turn into Arnold ladies!!!! Lift some real weight