The Journal of Veggie P (Melissa)

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you're recovering well. I travel all over the country and have been referring some people to you and still have a list of people to send your way. I myself just got home, but enjoyed working with you in San Fran and have been sending people your way ever since.

All the best, rest up, be well. Happy Holidays!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Robert and to everyone else for popping in to say hi.

I made my plans a couple days ago for what I plan to do for 2009. I am keeping the list very short, as I don't know what the filming schedule will be like when we start shooting the segments. Kim says mid February, but we still haven't gotten our official contracts, so we will see if that date stays firm.

So in addition to the filming schedule, here is what I have planned.

January: Entering Peta's Sexiest Vegetarian Next Door Contest

I have a photo shoot lined up for January 10th for the contest and just to have some new photos, so I'll work my butt off until then. I definitely won't be where I want to because of so much time off from the surgery, but I'll work around it. Doesen't have to be complete physique shots for this contest.

April: Flex Online Bikini Model Search

May 2nd: Fitness America Pageant Bikini Division Brea, CA

May 23rd - NPC Junior USA Bikini Comp South Carolina, CA

May add some more if schedule permits. Would really like to do the FAP Championships in Vegas on November 19th but we'll see. I don't want to spread these kinds of things over a whole year because I feel that would be an unrealistic goal.

Started training at the beginning of the week. My hamstrings are so sore, it hurts to move. Still have to get in today's workout. Have done 20 minutes of cardio and I have an absolute minimum of 40 minutes more. It is all about cardio, cardio, cardio until the shoot.

Diet has been perfect today. I've been searching around for some different faux meats that are very high protein and low carb. Found a new brand the other day that I just loved.

Will write more later. 2009 is going to be an AWESOME year!!!!

Thought I'd post some Christmas pictures. The ex-boyfriend and I went to Big Bear with the kids. So awesome to have a White Christmas in Southern California... I can't even tell you. I can't wait to go back. I love Big Bear!!

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc14/penelopepope/bigbear.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc14/penelopepope/allfourrestaurant.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc14/penelopepope/colinmelrestaurant.jpg

Your schedule looks great and I love the photos I have had enough snow .... wanna switch? lol

Well, I could NEVER do as many shows as you do. I would lose my mind. I have no idea how you do it. Your schedule is always jam packed and impressive

I would TOTALLY switch if my friends and family weren't here. I lived in Rhode Island for 3 years and I so miss the change of seasons! It was the first time we had seen snow since we moved back to So Cal in 2004. So amazing. Guess the grass is always greener

2/3 of my cardio done tonight. Was very proud of myself... It has been SO TOUGH to get to the gym with my daughter home and under my feet for the Christmas break, but I HAD to find a way to get my cardio in anyways... and since I only do Stepmill or Treadmill on an incline for cardio, and the gym daycare was closed, I had to get creative.

So I went to the High School track in the pitch black, threw a hat and gloves on my daughter, gave her a book and sat her down under the only light there was so she could read and I could run up and down the bleachers to mock a Stepmill. Okay, so I had to bribe her with a toy to get her to sit there for 45 minutes in the dark and cold, but WHATEVER IT TAKES. I proceeded to do a really good bleacher session, with my kid whining to go home the whole time. She was bundled up good... she just didn't want to be there. In between huffing and puffing I kept reminding her of the toy I had bought her right before, but she seemed to forget this bribe.

Still have a short weight session and a minimum of 20 minutes on the Recumbant bike. Eating will be 100% from here on out.

Yesterday did 2 circuits:

Bent Over Rows 4 x 12

Skull Crushers 4 x 12

Crunches 4 sets 90 seconds

then

Overhead Press 4 x 12

Close Grip Pulldowns 4 x 12

Reverse Crunches 4 x 12

30 minutes Stepmill

not sure about tonight. Either 1 circuit like above for Biceps, Abs, Shoulders or a Squat, Lunge, Pushup, Situp circuit. I still have to take it easy and come back gradually from surgery.

Cardio felt really good though

It has been SO TOUGH to get to the gym with my daughter home and under my feet for the Christmas break, but I HAD to find a way to get my cardio in anyways... and since I only do Stepmill or Treadmill on an incline for cardio, and the gym daycare was closed, I had to get creative.

So I went to the High School track in the pitch black, threw a hat and gloves on my daughter, gave her a book and sat her down under the only light there was so she could read and I could run up and down the bleachers to mock a Stepmill. Okay, so I had to bribe her with a toy to get her to sit there for 45 minutes in the dark and cold, but WHATEVER IT TAKES. I proceeded to do a really good bleacher session, with my kid whining to go home the whole time. She was bundled up good... she just didn't want to be there. In between huffing and puffing I kept reminding her of the toy I had bought her right before, but she seemed to forget this bribe.

Way to work it! She'll benefit from seeing your focus and dedication. And from getting a new toy too :P

Thanks vivaslasvegans. I read the first couple of months of your food logs and I did have a comment that I've been meaning to make on your journal about it, just as soon as I get around to it. I tend to be wordy, so I just didn't have the time to sit down and right it yet, but I will

Circuits:

Front delt shoulder press 4 x 12

One Arm DB Row 4 x 12

Ball Crunches 4 x 90 secs

Iso Lat Row Machine 4 x 12

Bent Arm Lateral Raises 4 x 12

4 sets 90 second abs (Reverse Crunch, Scissors, Full Body Situps, Bicycles, Oblique Crunches

1 hour 2 minutes Stepmill

Had to add the 2 minutes!! If I was properly fueled it would have been an hour and a half but I had gone over 4 hours without food and needed a meal fast.

I'll do some Recumbant bike later while I watch a movie. It's all about cardio this week until after the shoot. As much as I possibly can. Then I'll taper back to an hour next week.

My physique IS NOT ready for a photo shoot, so I'm going to shoot upper body and focus on the positives... which is that my face always looks better when I have a few extra pounds on me.. and he specializes in headshots more than physique shots, so it'll be good. Got some cute little tops for the shoot too. Hope they fit... I'm waiting for them to arrive.

Okay, I have 2 more clients to train tonite and 2 online programs to focus on, so I gotta get movin. More cardio will be when I'm through with all that. sigh... I miss wine already

Been cleaning all day, so workout will have to come later.

Yesterday was cardio only so today has to be weights:

Yesterday:

45 minutes Stepmill

20 minute Recumbant bike

Today I've gotta get the weights in. I hate how busy the gyms are in January so I really wanted to get it done earlier, but I had to clean this pig-sty of a house.

I feel that I'm not as motivated to hit the diet hard like I have been in the past. Late nights are really really hard. I haven't been going nuts, but any cheat when I have goals laid out is hard to forgive myself for. I have the type of body that WILL NOT see results unless I am super-strict. That means one glass of Red Wine or 6 corn chips can stop fat loss for me. I get so jealous of those that can get away with little deviances here and there. I just can't. That's why I do so much cardio. Since diet discipline is not where it needs to be, I have to make up for it with more cardio. Period. I still never ever miss a weight or cardio session without my Xtend.

Okay, back to cleaning.

I hate how busy the gyms are in January so I really wanted to get it done earlier, but I had to clean this pig-sty of a house.

I haven't even tried to go to the gym...dreading how busy it's going to be...thank God I have the means to work out here...and glad to know that i'm not the only one living in a pig sty!

My gym has been absolutely packed, especially the cardio machines. I know, I've been cleaning up sweat on machines all week! But in a way the busyness makes me feel real good, that so many people want to be healthier and happier, even though most won't stick with it. I think for a lot of women cardio is a neccessary evil too.

luckily my schedule has holes in it during the day so I can workout during the non-busy times.

Today:

Upright Row 4 x 12

Bicep Cable Curl 4 x 12

Rope Pulldown 4 x 15

1 1/2 hours Stepmill. Yeah, baby!!

eh... don't be too impressed... would've never got through it if it wasn't for good programming on Bravo. I was pretty proud though because I was able to do it despite the fact that I'm coming down with this god forsaken cold/flu whatever it is that everyone's got.

Last time I was able to fight it off by taking Zicam religously every 3 hours, so that's what I've done all day. My throat feels like its on fire. So much for my PM weights. I'll do a bunch of ab contractions all night whenever I remember.

K... off to the couch to recouperate and fight this thing off. UGH.

thanks sea!

Josh, I think if you catch it in time it works awesome. I don't know. Zicam works wonders for me sometimes but this time I actually got the full blown cold, but it's symptoms seemed to be lessened with the Zicam, so I'm still a believer.

The photos from this weekends shoot.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc14/penelopepope/Melissa7203web.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc14/penelopepope/Melissa7165web.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc14/penelopepope/Melissa7100web.jpg

Wish the physique was better, but what can I do? We worked with what we had, and I'm really really happy with the headshot