The Journal of Veggie P (Melissa)

Lean and Green,

Its truly a genetic thing and not a heel thing. I have genetically mutated gargantuan German calves. I've grown to love 'em but they get so darn GYNORMOUS when I gain fat that they look like a thigh.

DV... Aaaw. Did Robert say that? That is quite a compliment considering I had 3 1/2 hour sleep and been up since 5am and definitely not at my prime physcially... so what a sweet compliment. thanks for sharing. yes, I am busy, largely due to adding the banner on VBB's main page

I'm your man... I say never but it just feels like never. And nope... can't do an Amy's... can't do a homemade pizza until after we shoot this DVD. My diet is completely flourless. I would look at an Amy's pizza and gain 3 lbs of fat right there.

Tasha... you peek your head in any time you want No secret to avocado rolls. Sit your touche on up to a sushi bar... ask for California rolls minus the cucumber and crab if they don't already have 'em on the menu. Just Seaweed, white rice and avocado dipped in Soy and WASABI. slurp.

Thanks Alison

Shoulders, Deadlifts, 1 Leg Leg Press, 20 minutes cardio tonight. I was gonna do more but I was super hungry. I didn't space my meals out right so it was actually 2 hours prior to working out as opposed to 30 - 45 minutes after food which is what I feel the best on.

Looking forward to the fashion show on Sunday. I'll be meeting my client Russell face to face for the first time. He's in the show with the Vixens and seeing a bunch of people from the prior pilot we filmed. Plus Kim's going to bring me a copy of the pilot Sunday so I get to see it for the 1st time.

I got the best compliment from her today... but I'm not gonna share it. Its one of those things that really wouldn't come out right if I shared it but it made me feel so awesome....

***Personal thought.... Why has everyone always had so much more faith in me and seen so much more in me than I see in myself??.... hmm.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I gotta get my ass in gear because my Online clients are being more disciplined and consistent than me lately so I need some major focus and ass whoopin!!!!

I spend so much time whoopin everyone elses butt that I've been neglecting my own... LITERALLY.

Tomorrow I will restart my strict program and training. I'm right behind ya in cardio hell Dani!!!! Lets get to maintenance girl so we can knock this nonsense off and scale back to 20 minute cardio... doesen't that sound like a dream??? AAAAhhhh... 20 minute cardio sessions. It would be like Christmas

So I had one of those amazing, toe-curling head in the clouds dates last night where your head spins and you get a little weak when you think about them.

Okay... I don't believe I'm gonna share this on my journal, but it was just so awesome and one of those things I'll remember for along time so I gotta share one of the magical little moments of my date last night.

So there was this instantaneous mutual attraction going on right??? So we are at this really fancy restaurant and there is about 10 tables around us and he just had back surgery so we had to walk around the restaurant every 45 minutes or so as part of his rehabilitation. So he kept asking for a hug as a flirty little way to get close....

So after we ordered our food and about 30 minutes later we went for our 2nd little walk around the restaurant and stopped back at our table and he said it again... "I need a hug"... so this time we kissed... and kissed.... and kissed.... and I am not kidding.... the waiter came to our table and brought all of our food and we did not even flinch, stop, pause... we just kept kissing. Surrounded by a dozen tables... STANDING in the restaurant... and now the waiter is literally putting the plates down and trying not to clank them too hard to interrupt us and we wouldn't even come up for air. They could've kicked us out and we absolutely did not care. It will go down in history as one of my hottest date moments ever.... sigh...

Amazing, magical, fireworks.... Yep!!!! Here we go round again!!!!

sigh....

sigh....

thanks for all the good wishes....

note to self -- if it seems to good to be true, it usually is.

Well, the hopes of what could be with Mr. Wonderful have been squashed and I'm very very sad. Weird... haven't been able to admit that I'm really sad until I write it here. But yep... sad. I'll bounce back quickly... have to be brave in life. I have come to find that its takes bravery to keep putting yourself out there and not settle. It'll happen as long as I continue to be brave... just like I tell my clients and myself... when you fall off the horse and feel defeated... get right back on. Today I'm induldging in a bit of wallowing though. I've been having a pity party for about 24 hours and I told myself the party ends when I open my eyes in the morning (the pity party that is). So I have about 3 more hours to go.

To summarize... Mr. Excitement is looking for someone to spend 24/7 with him or not at all. Not twice a week... not three times a week. But an all encompassing whirlwind romance straight out of the gate. I go slow in the beginning to see who a person is. He thinks if two people like eachother there's no need to ever be apart. We want different things. Man was he exciting, and gorgeous and interesting and sexy... I am still sad. My friends say that I'm strong... why don't I feel it right now??

K. Next time I post it'll be training and food logs. Hopefully this will pass quickly. It was only a couple dates.

Even though it was just a couple of dates, it's still a bummer to have hit it off so perfectly and yet find out that you both are wanting two different things so it will not work out. But fear not, for your Mr. Right will come along one day and sweep you right off your feet.

Vp, I am sorry to hear what happened. I know exactly how you feel. I wish I can say something to make it all better right away. All I can say is that everything happens for a reason. You are strong and will survive. I say his loss!!!

Well, I gotta say that Mr. Wonderful sounds a bit high maintenance. I know it's all good in the beginning, but I wonder if you (or anyone) could/has ever lived up to his expectations of intense, all-encompassing romance.

Even if someone wanting to be around you 24/7....you know, walking around in your clothes, with you while you, while you are wearing your clothes.........wasn't annoying, wanting to go from 0 to 60 emotionally is a sign of other problems.

I think Melissa was fairly smart in ending it quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

okay, ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you here me... I SAID ENOUGH!!!!!!!!

(that is me getting pissed off at myself).

I have a goal of 10% bodyfat by September 13th. I have been amazed and inspired from the discipline that I have seen on this forum and elsewhere. This is the path that I've chosen and nothing is going to get in my way this time.

I will schedule photo shoots as soon as I feel the body is ready which should be before 10% BF but I have a ways to go. I may stop at 12% if I feel that I'm starting to look ugly. I tend to lose alot of weight in my face and I hate that but I also hate having to compete with Kim Kardashian in the biggest butt contest, so what're you gonna do (okay, I've used that joke too many times... I'll let it die now).

So there I've said it. That is my goal. Now its time to make it happen.

I have two huge sources of inspiration that motivate me. One is the beautiful Amanda Jo Savell that who was killed by her boyfriend a few weeks ago (thanks for the motivational comment on my blog Zac).

And the other is Valerie Waugaman. Valerie is a true champion and a unique individual who always does things her own way. She is a IFBB Pro and plays Siren on American Gladiators. She has the most "whatever-it-takes" mentality that I've ever seen and it lights a fire in me.

Here's a sample of Valerie doing her thang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucy3fl537pw

back from gym. eating 100% on track. supplements on track.

4 sets ciruits of:

Walking Lunges 90 secs

Hyper Extensions

Leg Extensions

Seated Calf RAise

done all the way through, then repeat.

Went and bought one of those digital gram counting scales so I can be more precise with everything. Measuring out all of my powders in grams and putting them in baggies. I feel like Jeff from "Flippin Out" on Bravo today making sure that it was the exact EXACT gram count and reweighing it a 2nd time. But this is how I get back on track... by not being able to 2nd guess anything.

Just finished Meal 4, Seitan and green beans. Going to watch a movie in the park. I love outdoor movies in the park.

Gotta run

Cardio to be done at park before movie and then 30 minutes later for a total of 1 hour.

Dude, that's why I need to be doing. Keeping track of everything I do. I have the sloppiest schedule of anyone I know. I used to be pretty good with it, when I was working and had a routine going. Now I'm just abusing myself. I need to sit down and write out a plan. Plan my eats, and my workouts. This will start after I get over my cold.. Lol

One day, when I can afford it, I'm gonna get you to online personal train me! I think that's what I need. Someone to set me on the straight and narrow.

I hope you enjoyed your movie in the park! I saw Kung Fu Panda yesterday. It was really cute.

I will schedule photo shoots as soon as I feel the body is ready which should be before 10% BF but I have a ways to go. I may stop at 12% if I feel that I'm starting to look ugly. I tend to lose alot of weight in my face and I hate that but I also hate having to compete with Kim Kardashian in the biggest butt contest, so what're you gonna do (okay, I've used that joke too many times... I'll let it die now).

well I think that it would take an act of god for you to look ugly.

I have two huge sources of inspiration that motivate me. One is the beautiful Amanda Jo Savell that who was killed by her boyfriend a few weeks ago

Another fitness women killed by her boyfriend, man there are too many. Sports are supposed to keep women out of abusive relationships.

Here's a sample of Valerie doing her thang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucy3fl537pw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

love to see those powerblock dumbbells in the back ground.

this woman should be watching your videos.

Marcina. thanks. I hope you are over your cold so you can GET CRACKIN WOMEN! I'm gonna remember you said that you were starting to crack down on yourself after your cold so I'll be peekin in on your journal to see if you made good on that promise!

Pazios... aww shucks. Thanks. And there is no way I am even close to emulating Valerie's discipline yet, but maybe one day. I just love her though. One of my all time faves.

I did something super funky to my wrist tonite. It is killing me and hurts to type right now.

Tonight:

Set out to do a 1:45 min workout including cardio but I didn't know daycare ended at 8pm so I only had 20 minutes to get in a million things and I still have more, which is probably why I tweaked my wrist. I was rushing through big time.

Chest Press 4 sets 45 lbs

Bent Over Rows 4 sets 45 lbs

Lat Pulldowns 4 sets 60 lbs (yuck...WEAK)

Upright Rows w/ Rope 4 sets 60 lbs

Tricep Pulldown 4 sets 40 lbs

Then a 30 min walk at track

Still need to get in 30 more min of cardio and abs. Shoulder Press and Bicep curl also on the list but I have to rest the wrist. OUCH

Eating 100% on track. I haven't had wine in 4 days. I miss my evening wine But I'm on a mission and I feel good... cept for my wrist. gotta get off now cuz I need to rest it.

Hope your wrist feels better soon, injuries as such an annoyance! Don't worry bout typing back, rest your wrist. I am dealing with a shoulder impingement on my right shoulder (wekaer side of my body) right now. Tomorrow will be one week exactly in which I haven't worked out my upper body and it's killing me. It's so ready to be beaten up with the exception of the stabbng pain in my right shoulder. Rehabbing every day.

I see you set a date for your bf goal, very nice! Did you mention where you're at now, did you say 12% to me or something? I can't recall. Whatever the case, I know you'll be below it because you're a very driven person and will suceed at anything you set out to accomplish. What's the lowest bf you have every had? Surely it's been below 10% judging by your pics...

thanks Lean and Green. Wrist is feeling good again. That is my secret to avoiding injuries. Just laying off of it when I feel alot of pain. Too many people want to work through injuries, even minor ones and that's how you worsen it or develop chronic pain. I didn't stop working out. Just focused on legs and exercises that didn't engage the wrist and now its about 90%

Diet still 100% and weight and fat loss haven't budged 1 ounce since Saturday which is really strange for my body. Oh well... just gotta roll with it cuz i know it'll come off eventually. I also know the worse thing I could do is change or stop what I'm currently doing. It's a hard temptation to fight when the fat isn't budging but eventually it has no choice but to drop, so you gotta just be patient and hang in there.

Burnout on going to the gym right now so today I did a good workout in the park. I did a full body exercise consisting of overhead shoulder press with 15 pounds, then straight down into a deep squat, then repeat. I did 4 x 12. It was really really tough. 4 sets of 12 pushups, 160 abdominals and obliques and 4 sets Reverse lunges w/ 15 lb dumbells. Then a 45 minute walk.

It was really nice to do it outside.

I'm thinking of changing my exercise routine up entirely. I've been researching some of John Berardi's stuff and I want to incorporate some of his methods and workouts into my routine.

Its been a rough week, but hopefully that means it can only get better right?

• 1 month later...

Theme for the past month and a half.... BURNOUT!

Man I haven't posted in so long!!

So here's what's been up with me lately.

I got SOOOOO burnt out on the same 'ol, same 'ol. Slow burn cardios, heavy lifting that I dreaded the gym. Dreaded the sight of the blender. Everything about the gym and my kitchen made me want to turn the other way.

So, I decided to do something different. I've signed up for 5am bootcamp sessions and its been awesome. The first session was a bit too easy and I told the instructor that, but this morning's session was great. My body just isn't used to the time change yet, but once it is, I'm really going to push myself HARD! I'm also going to add in a few yoga sessions a week to work on flexibility.

I eat 1/2 banana and 1 Tbsp peanut butter before I workout and then come back and have Meal 1 post bootcamp. I think trying to do any intense activity on an empty stomach early in the morning is ridiculous and counterproductive, so I always make sure I have something in my stomach to fuel the workout.

Eating hasn't changed much, accept I am currently burnt out on protein shakes; particularly, Gemma, Hemp or anything I've been taking in for the past 2 years, LOL. I will definitely bring them back in. Right now I'm aiming for 2 a day and its always the same. 1 1/2 oranges, scoop Sun Warrior, vanilla extract, 3 drops liquid stevia and 1/2 cup to 1 cup nonfat soymilk. Sometimes I leave the soymilk out. I'm still getting in all the protein, but am leaning more towards FLAVOR!!! Been having lots and lots of seitan. I'm kind of addicted to it right now. I wanna try my hand at making it myself. I wonder if I can find the wheat gluten locally? Probably, this is So Cal after all.

I think I'll do this for a couple of months and then go back to the heavy lifting and longer cardio, but I needed to remind myself how necessary it is to mix things up a bit. I didn't want to mix things up but my mind and body were completely rebelling and I was steadily gaining weight. A few years ago, I would've juts tried to "muscle through"... but it seems much easier to just listen to what my body and subconscious are trying to tell me... DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR AWHILE!

Anyways, really enjoying my new routine. I already feel that I'm adjusting to the time difference better, even though I'm a complete night owl, I'll be able to get used to it, and I feel like I get so much more accomplished by getting up that early.

Hello VP.

Good to see you posting again.

Keep up the good work. I know you can do it.

Good for you for changing things up and listening to your body.

Are you still using Xtend? I think that stuff is awesome. Thank you so much for recommending it. It makes a huge difference.

Thanks Harley... yes, I'm still taking in Xtend during every workout.

Thanks DV. Whole Foods is so overpriced down here, so I'll check some of the larger health food stores to see if I can find something.'

I don't know how many people peek into my journal or read my posts... but nonetheless I feel it necessary to fess up about something regarding my last post.

Yes, I suffered burnout and dreaded the gym and dreaded protein shakes and rebelled and have been pretty much been less regimented for the past month and a half and been eating more extintively and indulging in more flavorful items and having an extra carb serving here and there...

As a result I've gained anywhere from 15 to 20 pounds. No lie! And maybe 1 or 2 of those pounds were muscle, the rest was pure fat. I am not worried about getting it off, but I really think its important to come clean that just because I did something different doesen't mean it didn't make me fat... it did.

So I've decided I hate not fitting into any of my clothes more than I hate protein shakes and tons of cardio, so back to the blender I go I figure I gave my body a nice long 6 week break from being regimented, so burnout or not, I'm going back to the militant way I used to eat. I can't argue about what works for me... I can feel sorry for myself and pout about it but that won't get my ass any smaller now will it?

So I"m signing off now as I down my bland vanilla gemma shake and plain asparagus spears!