F*cking Meatheads!

Goody Two Shoes

I didn't read it, but in that last link you posted it directed us towards Dr. Joe. He's a champion vegan bodybuilder, and he rules. He's on our forum too and I've invited him to visit more often and contribute to our main website.

I really hope that as a community we can promote him as one of the front runners in the Vegan Bodybuilding industry. He's pretty awesome if you ask me.

There are a lot of reasons why non vegans don't like vegans and it mostly comes back to the fact that they think that we look down on them and that we think we are better than them, and that bothers them.....the same way super religious people can "talk down" to non religious people and some of us don't like that.

That is often the reason why.

I didn't read it, but in that last link you posted it directed us towards Dr. Joe. He's a champion vegan bodybuilder, and he rules. He's on our forum too and I've invited him to visit more often and contribute to our main website.

I really hope that as a community we can promote him as one of the front runners in the Vegan Bodybuilding industry. He's pretty awesome if you ask me.

There are a lot of reasons why non vegans don't like vegans and it mostly comes back to the fact that they think that we look down on them and that we think we are better than them, and that bothers them.....the same way super religious people can "talk down" to non religious people and some of us don't like that.

That is often the reason why.

Robert to the rescue! Thanks for replying. I dig the way Dr. Joe handled himself, he was polite and he seems to be a real down to earth kind of guy.

They just don't know any better.

The main goal of most of these guys is just to get as huge as possible and they don't want to listen to anything that might jeopardize that goal.

I'm so happy to have found a trainer/nutritionist who works with guys like this daily...(He's an expert poster whose advice is sought after on the Bodybuilding.com board)....., but is open to a Vegan lifestyle, has seen Vegans get shredded, put on lean muscle mass, etc. and most importantly BELIEVES that it can be done as a Vegan.

In order to make change, we have to learn a way to find some common ground. That's why I firmly believe (and I know you believe this too Robert) that if we use the principles of Bodybuilders and Athletes that are shown to work and just change the protein sources to suit our lifestyle, we can come together as a group.

We need to learn to find common ground. Both communities can learn things from eachother.

Yeah that they think we are better than them thing...I've known several people who once I got to talking to them, not even about veganism but just being around me they assume I judge them and think i'm better than them. WFT is up with that?

Yeah I know, and it makes intelligent conversation that much harder.

They just don't know any better.

The main goal of most of these guys is just to get as huge as possible and they don't want to listen to anything that might jeopardize that goal.

I'm so happy to have found a trainer/nutritionist who works with guys like this daily...(He's an expert poster whose advice is sought after on the Bodybuilding.com board)....., but is open to a Vegan lifestyle, has seen Vegans get shredded, put on lean muscle mass, etc. and most importantly BELIEVES that it can be done as a Vegan.

In order to make change, we have to learn a way to find some common ground. That's why I firmly believe (and I know you believe this too Robert) that if we use the principles of Bodybuilders and Athletes that are shown to work and just change the protein sources to suit our lifestyle, we can come together as a group.

We need to learn to find common ground. Both communities can learn things from eachother.

You know, this is a really good post and I think it shows what a reasonable person you are -- and that's good! I try to take my cues from folks like you and Robert who seem to have a nice, measured approach to things. I tend to be a little more feisty myself. I chalk it up to being a Leo.

Not to diss him, but Joe dumps the contents from gelatin capsules into his smoothies. Should a strict vegan really be saying something like that? Is it confusing to people?

I really disagree with you on this. He eats Vegan and he has found a supplement that really works for him and he is not consuming the gelatin exterior. He is only explaining it to people because he was asked directly about the supplement. I think his answer and explanation to the question were really good. I'm sure that the supplement works really well for him or he'd forego it all together.

I love that he is on Xtend!! My trainer developed and owns Xtend so I'm 99% sure he's talking about him when he said he contacted the owner of Scivation. He absolutely swears by the stuff.

I am still reading through Dr. Joe's entire thread and I thought this was SO WELL SAID:

Dr. Joe said:

Before you stop eating meat, read as much as you can about vegetarian diets. You want to make sure you educate yourself about what you need to eat, both in terms of food and vitamin supplements, if you are no longer going to be eating meat.

Some people switch to vegetarian and vegan diets without understanding what is involved. They don't eat the proper foods (and supplements) and end up becoming malnourished, feel lousy and can't seem to build muscle. They then blame it on not eating meat and quit being vegetarians. If you do the vegetarian (or vegan) way of life correctly it's awesome and you'll feel great both mentally and physically. Best of luck. Peace.

So, so, so true!!!

I just came across this thread (thanks to veggieprincess). Glad a lot of you enjoyed the thread I have going on bodybuilding.com. There is often a lot of debate on that site between meat eaters and vegetarians. Believe me, it is NOT easy discussing the issue with some of them. As some of you are aware, a lot of weight lifters/bodybuilders believe that in order to build muscle you have to consume enormous amounts of animal protein. My goal is to prove them all wrong!

Love this site. You all inspire me greatly. Peace.

I just came across this thread (thanks to veggieprincess). Glad a lot of you enjoyed the thread I have going on bodybuilding.com. There is often a lot of debate on that site between meat eaters and vegetarians. Believe me, it is NOT easy discussing the issue with some of them. As some of you are aware, a lot of weight lifters/bodybuilders believe that in order to build muscle you have to consume enormous amounts of animal protein. My goal is to prove them all wrong!

Love this site. You all inspire me greatly. Peace.

Thanks Dr Joe! You are a true inspiration to many of us!