Greetings awesome people

Gorilla

How cool to find some like-minded people!

I'm into training, eating well, reading, music, films.

Like Richard, I detest cigarettes and alcohol.

I do have friends who smoke and drink.

They just haven't seen the light yet.

Currently studying French and German at uni.

Fave animal: the largest, most muscular primate on earth and he's a vegan! The GORILLA!

Fave artists: Miles Davis, Jimi Hendrix, Santana, Gorillaz!

Fave films: Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, The Matrix I, The Godfather I&II.

Fave exercise: deadlift!

Fave food: all natural foods.

Fave dish: quinoa with spinach, avocado, tomato and red pepper.

Fave bodybuilders: Reeves, Zane, Arnie, Franco Columbu, Bill Pearl, Roy Hilligenn

Fave illustrator: Richard Watts!

Looking forward to sharing thoughts with you all.

Yours in training,

Jim

Who the hell are you, Jim/James? And how do you know Richard? Thank you for the lovely introduction. It really clears up much of my confusion - as I would have had difficulty accepting you had you not informed me that:

Fave dish: quinoa with spinach, avocado, tomato and red pepper.

Welcome. Glad to have you!

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/4453/uglee0021nb.jpg

Gorillas rule!

Glad to have you here. You've already got a sample of our own vegan madre at her best - madre, you're top, i'm sure Gorilla already feels home here now

You have to work on your favorite bodybuilders, though. They should be you, Rob, Topher, Big Ben, Robbie and me And Gorillas

Enjoy the site,

love and peace,

Daywalker

Gorillas rule!

Glad to have you here. You've already got a sample of our own vegan madre at her best - madre, you're top, i'm sure Gorilla already feels home here now

You have to work on your favorite bodybuilders, though. They should be you, Rob, Topher, Big Ben, Robbie and me And Gorillas

Enjoy the site,

love and peace,

Daywalker

Thank you. It's really nice. Yeah madre's pics are jokes. Wanted to include an image in my post but don't know how to do it yet. Yeah I guess it's gotta be vegan bodybuilders all the way really ; )

Going to Germany soon for my year abroad. Going to be at Bonn University for a year. We have an exchange scheme between my uni (Oxford) and Bonn : )

This is a shot I took of myself just before my 21st birthday last month to mark my first year of training properly with weights:

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/628/jamesphysiquephotosseptember21.th.jpg

Of course my goal is to bulk up and develop some serious strength.

One strategy I plan to employ is to increase my "4-rep max" on compound exercises such as squat, deadlift and bench press, whilst maintaining perfect form.

Current weights for 4 reps:

Squat: 120kg

Deadlift 70kg,

Bench 45kg

Not amazing but improving all the time

Edited by Gorilla

Welcome Gorilla!

Great to have you here. I agree Richard rules and everyone else here rules too! We have a lot of fun and many of us are planning on hanging out next summer, probably in the Caribbean somewhere.

I'm sure I'll get to know you soon. I'm out of the US right now but I return home in a couple of days and I'll be in touch more often.

Have a great day! And nice pics from both you and VeganMomma!

-Robert

Hey, hardcore squatting weight!

I can't help but wonder what form you use, or if you are already strong from previous sports. You'll soon be squat master if you continue to gain strength at that rate!!

I agree Richard rules and everyone else here rules too!

Yeah, we have a kind of democracy here Everyone may rule by permission of the other rulers

Cheers guys

Yes so as a student at Oxford University I've been lucky enough to do some hardcore rowing!

You might have heard of rowers doing leg circuits to develop the power in the legs that you need.

Back squats, front squats, leg presses, split squats, lunges...

Since the beginning of this year I've been having one-to-one training sessions with a former commonwealth weightlifting champion.

He is the real master of the squat.

He's made sure that I've kept good form as I've increased the weight.

Really tensing abs, lower back, thighs, hamstrings and calves.

Keeping the weight on heels.

Head up, eyes looking forward.

Lowering slowly then as soon as the thighs are parallel to the floor UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP, squeezing abs like crazy and pushing heels into the floor to drive the weight up.

On the leg press machine I'm up to 120kg for 8 reps, 160kg for 4 reps.

So Daywalker I don't know if you said. Do you live anywhere near Bonn?

Yeah you often find that with people who have done a lot of rowing training.

I really need to work on my bench press.

Schade. Naja, Frankfurt ist auch schoen. Ich habe meinen 19. Geburtstag dort gefeiert. Das war ein Urlaub mit meinen Freunden. Einer davon kommt auch nach Bonn fuer sein "Auslandsjahr". Er ist eigentlich schon da.

Ich komme naechste Woche in Deutschland an. Leider habe ich noch keine Unterkunft arrangiert. Es ist sehr schwierig, wenn man nicht dort ist. Also habe ich vor, ein paar Tage in der Jugendherberge zu verbringen, waehrend ich WGs besichtige. Das Studentenwerk konnte kein Zimmer in den Studentenwohnheimen fuer mich finden.

Ich will ein gutes Fitnesszentrum in Bonn finden und nette Menschen kennenlernen

Gorillas rule!

Enjoy the site,

love and peace,

Daywalker

Hey I've been looking around on the site and found this article:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/article/724

Name: Alexander Dargatz

Height: 186cm (6’1”)

Weight: approx. 86kg at the moment (190lbs)

Birthplace: Frankfurt, Germany

Current Residence: Frankfurt, Germany

Well I've put two and two together. I know I'm slow, sorry.

But what I wanted to say is WOW what a physique! I am so so so inspired. And what you say in the interview is, like, SO spot on.

Nuff respect