the happy things thread

pamela

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss eating olives. Every time I find them there's salt already in them. And I am picky about the salt I use. I wish they sold olives without salt.

They definitely do. My mother makes my grandmother's ridiculously awesome Moroccan olive dish a few times a year, and we get unpickled, unsalted canned olives for that recipe. They're not as easy to find, but they're definitely out there.

I love olives, especially black olives.I can put them in anything, or eat them straight out of the can. People think I'm craszy when I put them on top of my vegan pizza, but then they try it on their pizza, and they're addicted too.

Back to the thread. Today was a busy day at work, but it is so rewarding to work in a place that you love that it wasn't that bad.

Moved house over the weekend and got away from the Vegan Hating, petty, obnoxious, unintellegent, manipulative, kiniving, little A-hole, that shows a striking resemblance to that Nasty old lady that lives down the street, who peers out through the blinds and informs on all her neighbours, Housemate, that I had been living with...

Moved in with Vegan friends... Yay

I miss eating olives. Every time I find them there's salt already in them. And I am picky about the salt I use. I wish they sold olives without salt.

They definitely do. My mother makes my grandmother's ridiculously awesome Moroccan olive dish a few times a year, and we get unpickled, unsalted canned olives for that recipe. They're not as easy to find, but they're definitely out there.

If you remember the brand name, you should share it. Are they cured?

Happy thing: I got 9-10 hours of tattooing done on my sleeve over a few day period.

• 2 weeks later...
My life is in total turmoil right now, but that means it can only get better (right?). So I'm looking forward to that.

Same here. Hopefully it doesn't get worse first.

True. I am very much hoping that doesn't happen.

Unfortunately it has.

Moved house over the weekend and got away from the Vegan Hating, petty, obnoxious, unintellegent, manipulative, kiniving, little A-hole, that shows a striking resemblance to that Nasty old lady that lives down the street, who peers out through the blinds and informs on all her neighbours, Housemate, that I had been living with...

Moved in with Vegan friends... Yay

Sweet dude. I'm surprised though. Who would want to mess with you? This person must have had a pretty serious death wish.

One of my guinia pigs comes right up to me for a stroke now, instead of running away!

Im gaining weight & strength alot as well recently, which is great because I have struggled until becoming a vegan.

Congratd DaN

I have my own reasons to be Happy too. After a long time of trying I finally got a Job interview. To me getting a job interview feels like winning the lottery. I've been trying for soo long to get a job( Since Last October ) so any Interview I get overwhelms me with Happiness. I just hope this turns into a job. I've had other job interviews before in the past and when those didn't work out it felt very discouraging. Like I might never find a job. Well. We will see what happens tomorrow. I'm extra excited because the place I'd be working at( If I got the job ) is sweet. American Eagel Outfitters in the Mall.

If you remember the brand name, you should share it. Are they cured?

Happy thing: I got 9-10 hours of tattooing done on my sleeve over a few day period.

Congrats. And I don't remember the name; I've never made that dish. But I will try to remember to ask my mother about which ones she uses. I don't know much about them except for the fact that they are the most unprocessed olives she could find here, because my grandmother is actually from Morocco and made the recipe for fresh local ones.

x2!!!!!!!!!!

i was just thinking the same thing when i saw this thread again!

Why am I thinking Laverne and Shirley theme song????? We're a couple not two wacky female bffls

You are a bit young to remember that series. If I had to pick, I would say you are Laverne, though I can't imagine Dani in a poodle emblam sweater.

I ate so much good vegan food today. So much that i will list it.

Chicago Diner...

Vegan Gyros

Sweet Potato "fries"

Spring rolls

Cherry vanilla cheesecake

Chowpatti...

Combo platter w/ dal, chana curry, allo mutter, paratha, vegetable biryani

a little bit of my buddies girlfriend's masala uttapam

Vegan cinnamon roll for desert

I'm gonna pass out from the yummyness.

I went to my interview at American Eagle Outfitters today. I think it went well. There were around 9 or 10 people there( Including myself ) so I have my wort cut out for me. I'm somewhat confident that I will get the job. I'll just need to hope and pray that all goes well and they will call back with hopefully good news. So if you can and if you don't mind...........

Pray For Me

I can't even imagine the burst of Happiness that will ovefflow me if I actually get the job.