Vegan Vacation 2008 - Roll Call

robert

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loveliberate is right, there is NEVER and I seriously mean NEVER a problem for forum members staying in Portland for Free.

For example...I'm moving in 2 days and in my new house, Jessifly, Speaklow and I can accommodate as many as 10 guests probably (we had 8 at a time in my smaller house).

I have extra beds, couches, futons, and extra space.

We're a nice bunch here and many others have their homes open for forum members too!

I guess this is something that gets sorted out closer to the date?

As we're flying in from another country, U.S. customs and the airline will require us to provide an address and phone number of where we're staying, so we'll need to be specific. At least they have required it the other three times I have flown from Canada to the U.S. (It also means our luggage capacity will be restricted, so bringing sleeping bags etc. will not really be an option).

We're nervous... we've never been to the West Coast! I'm also nervous to drop $1,200-$1,500 on plane tickets without a solid plan. But it's good to know it shouldn't be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I will make it to some of the VV08

Not the camping up in the mountains, but the Portland events.

I'm driving out July 19 and returning the 27th

My brother lives across the river in Vancouver, so I will spend some time there.

Anyone want to go through this 7 page thread and help make a list of those who are interested so Jessifly and I can contact them individually to confirm details and get them booked for VV III ?

Thanks!

Here's everyone I could see, sorry if I missed anyone

hsorlando

veganpotter

Michelle

pamela

beforewisdom

sydneyvegan

Harley

Odidnetne

Tasha

gkleinman

Dr. Pink

tofutod

Daywalker

Troy

dontxhide

Zack is not going

Laura

Jessifly

BodhiDave85

Spine

bvp663

dreamingana

xdarthveganx

Rebbecca

loveliberate

lotus

robert

davidtarrfoster

mishe

oregonisaac

Ravi

Powered by Carrots!

thendanisays

Lean and Green

andesuma

Jason

Edited by Richard

Here's everyone I could see, sorry if I missed anyone

hsorlando

veganpotter

Michelle

pamela

beforewisdom

sydneyvegan

Harley

Odidnetne

Tasha

gkleinman

Dr. Pink

tofutod

Daywalker

Troy

dontxhide

Zack is not going

Laura

Jessifly

BodhiDave85

Spine

bvp663

dreamingana

xdarthveganx

Rebbecca

loveliberate

lotus

robert

davidtarrfoster

mishe

oregonisaac

Ravi

Powered by Carrots!

thendanisays

Lean and Green

andesuma

Jason

Thanks!

Tons of these people are "for sure" because they live in Portland and hang out for the Portland part.....I just didn't make time to go through the whole list......I'll contact these people to confirm whether they are IN or OUT.

Thanks again! I'm super duper busy these days so all the help is very much appreciated!

I'll contact these people to confirm whether they are IN or OUT.

Thanks again! I'm super duper busy these days so all the help is very much appreciated!

Robert,

I've already contacted everyone on the list individually except for the few that I have already received definite confirmations/deposits. Now everyone needs to get back to me!

Everyone,

Check your email/PM's/Myspace/facebook for my message and please reply!

Wow! You're even cooler than as cool as I tell everyone you are; which is very, very cool.

Nice!

It's midnight here in FL and I just got home! hsorlando and I have been hanging out, training everyday, working, etc., including talking about Vegan Vacation.

Thanks for all your work J-Fly......lots more work for me to do before bed...so I better get on it..........I barely woke up in time for the show today because house keeping opened the door and I realized I had slept in

But now I'm cool......not as cool as you for all your work you doing on this, but I'm cool.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I won't be able to go to VV this year.

I have been made redundant again, and can't justify a trip to the USA when I don't have money coming in.

I was looking forward to this a lot, and have left the decision as late as possible, just in case the situation changed, but it is pretty clear now it wont...

sydneyvegan,

We were so happy to have you last year.....to be honest, I've had some of the greatest comments about you....I hear it from a variety of my friends, that you were one of their favorite people and one of the highlights of their experience....I even heard it from Tasha when I was up in Canada last week.

I know it is a super expensive trip so I didn't expect you to come back to back years. We're so glad you came last year and hope to meet up again in the future!

We'll miss you but you've already made a positive lasting impression on many of us here, and we thank you for coming last year.

• 4 weeks later...

I will be in Portland for that time period... so I'm definitely in(if I haven't replied to

confirm officially?). I'll be around for at least one or two days for the cabin (not staying,

just visiting), and for some of the Portland days.

Though I'll be up in Seattle on the 26th.

Are we going to wear forum member name tags??!