Definitive book on vegan bodybuilding.....

There doesn't seem to be one out there, but I was wondering whether any of the bodybuilders here would consider writing one? I think there is a need, especially for novices like myself, to be able to access a concise book on nutrition and training that specifically caters for the vegan and contains meal plans etc.

Any offers?

I think this is definitely feasible. I think one approach that may work would be take mass generalities of the non-vegan bodybuilding community and apply vegan substitutes, with more focus on benefits like phytonutrients, and lack of hormones, pesticides, herbicides...etc. Chapters on organics, fruits, vegetables, proteins... Subchapters on grain free diets, fruitarianism, food combining, etc, would also be interesting and beneficial to the reader.

I guess this is my mindset right now and thats why I am suggesting it. I can bet alot of you started where I am... applying non-vegan bodybuilding nutrition principles using vegan foods... am I right? I think this is the approach to bring more non-vegan bodybuilders over to the side of overall health. Well at least I would buy the book... that makes 1

I think your best bet is simply getting a book on bodybuilding training alone. Then read various books on nutrition from a scientific standpoint. That way it'll help you decide what type of vegan diet is best for yourself...that and a little trial and error is what it takes.

That is funny that this came up, as I have been thinking about doing this the past week or so. If no one does it soon, I may. I want to write a book and the is an interesting topic. I would like to build a better physique before attempting to get it published though, so that I would have more credibility.

I think you missed her point, I think she was talking about someone writing a vegan bodybuilding book. I also think multiple authors would be necessary.

At the same time HE also seemed to be asking indirectly if one was out there. But I don't think there will be one for a very long time...even if someone here decides to write one. There isn't much use for one with such a small market and it just wouldn't sell. Sadly I think we're a long ways away before this ever happens. If I owned a vegan publishing company I still wouldn't print it because each book would need to be $50(paperback)just to break even. There's way more vegan cyclists out there and a vegan cycling book wouldn't sell either which is why THRIVE isn't targeting that market. If THRIVE were intended only for Triathletes it would have sold less than 10% of what it has. We need to make more vegan bodybuilders first...way before a book is made.

maybe some sort of online collaboration type system could be used to collect and organize information. like a wiki perhaps.. then whomever is interested in contributing anything, they can do so. as time goes on, things can get more refined.

I think online is definitely the best way to go about this. Its pretty much the only way to get information to everyone until there are tons of vegans interested in this.

This book was in the works years ago (I was writing it, as some on like VeganEssentials are aware, because they were interviewed).

I put it on the back burner and now somebody else is writing this book. I'm still involved but it's not my book. I was too lazy. I got a DVD completed but the book was never finished.

I still hope to work on similar projects, but there are some people out there who are working on this very project right now!

That's excellent robert, the reason I asked is because it is really, really difficult and confusing for me to know what diet and training plan I need for optimum results in terms of gaining muscle on a vegan diet.

So many people tell me different things and non-vegans, such as a PT I worked with just told me it is 'very difficult' and I 'will struggle' to build muscle on a vegan diet.

All so confusing, so I really hope this definitive book sees the light of day soon.

Even if it was an online book available as a PDF it would be good.