Health & Fitness Advice From People Who Aren't Either

beforewisdom

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My intuition towards eating and consumption is not based on what lifestyle you choose, what you wear, what you eat or how many laps you can or cannot do. It is all about energy. So from my perspective you all look the same way you feel towards someone who is not your direct representation of the Vegan. Both in actuality and demeanor. In my humble opinion there is only the moment and then again that is no-thing. In the way we talk about this and that it can be hard for others to understand you, it is not our differences that hold us apart because we all generally feel good about what we are doing most of the time. Where others see fruits and veggies I see molecules and organic structures of energies in motion, same with meat and rocks. When I observe people acting against this I also wonder why they wish not to see the splendor of it all. In this way I can create an even smaller circle around myself and maybe others I have come into contact with over the years who feel the same. Yet we are all the same. What chains of memory are you following? What is your nature? Either to incite change or wield and woe do you not have some faith in what you are doing? In what way are you not a merchant? If you are selling faith in veganism do not be cross with others of the same faith.

I understand where your coming from and inner mental health and how you carry yourself is very important. However health is health and fitness is fitness. A world class athlete(that could even be a vegan one) may be born with a heart ailment(for example...the runner at US Olympic Marathon qualifying race) and be extremely fit...yet he can die a few miles into the race. That person was not healthy and couldn't do anything about it. But there are also people that seem relatively unhealthy yet their vital signs may be much better than the average persons...that person is even more healthy than most athletes. Part of what needs to be understood is what goes on inside the body and not just how bodies move externally. I myself am very very fit. However I overtrain...have arthritic hands, wrists and will likely need at least one of my hips replaced by the time I'm 50 years old. I do my best to take care of my body while reaching my goals...however I'd probably be much healthier if I gave up my goals and just made pottery.

• 2 weeks later...

Its definitely connected but you can still be relatively healthy if you are physically healthy yet an emotional wreck. However if you are emotionally sound and happy but suffering from a terminal illness that can take you any second who's really healthier. In all honestly most fit people tend to be more confident and happy than non fit people. And even more so than people that are plain lazy. In public I see many more droopy heads capping off obese bodies than thin bodies.

Most definitely. Most people will never get motivated to get healthy if they are always down(and whats the point of being healthy if you won't enjoy being healthy anyway). They've gotta get control of their lives before they can control their bodies. Thing is I think most healthy people come from a background of relative health and mental well being so they never really need to become healthy. While most unhealthy people(not all of course) don't come from the best of emotional environments.