Dude, I want to get my ass out of bed early and jog

Richard

If you run you will hopefully run off your pissed off mood, and feel better.

Totally possible! I become such a bitch when I can't run, lol. I probably wouldn't be half as mellow as I am these days if I wasn't running off 50k+ of aggression every week.

Don't forget... it's ok to do alternate between running and walking! The first time I went out I ran for about 300 meters and then walked for 50, and so on. I did run/walk for a couple weeks. It is completely normal to be winded very quickly... you can't expect to run for miles the first time you try. So don't get discouraged.

Good luck!

What I find is that I get really itchy more than anything. I have asthma, but so long as I use my inhaler I am alright for a while, like you said, starting and stopping. But what eventually irritates me is that my stomach, back and thighs get really itchy when I run, and it's specific to running, it doesn't happen when I do martial arts or ride a bike. I think it might be the shaking of my skin / flab, so it gets jolted up and down. I dunno how that could make me itch, but I then end up scratching myself and get all red, WHY?

Right now, or when I go jogging? It happens regardless of what I wear, this time of year I'd be wearing jogging bottoms or whatever they're called, and a tshirt, or perhaps a hooded sweatshirt, something like that. But at home, I've used my trampette and done jogging on the spot, shirtless, and it still happens

You need to waste some money on running gear. Some tights and sweat wicking tops...along with a good pair of shoes. Some people just need to motivation of having expensive stuff. Just imagine how much you'd play the guitar if you had a cheap piece of crap that didn't sound so great...I'm sure you'd play it but not as much as you would if you had a nice machine.

Yeah I do that a bit sometimes. Best cardio I am doing at the moment is on the trampette / jogger that I have while I am playing videogames, that's cool and I can keep it up for long periods. And I can jog on the trampette for long periods too, GIMME FIVE! Booyah.

Way to go Buddy

The rebounder is awesome. As a matter of fact you burn more calories on the rebounder then if you're running. You also avoid joint pain and stress fractures.

Dude you should kick it up a notch and use small weights, or even better play your guitar as you're doing your cardio !

http://www.rebound-aerobics.com/

As for gear, you don't really need to worry about running gear unless you're planning on running long distance. That could get ugly if you don't wear the proper gear. A friend of mine did a 42 km run for his first time, and his nipples bled, blusters on his feet and he pulled his groin. I just wear shorts, t-shirt. If it's cold a long shirt or arm warmers, small toke, and gloves.

I went for a short run to the top of a hill in my village, then down again. It was pretty dark, pretty cold, and raining - but none of that bothered me. I didn't get itchy this time, but my lungs got demolished, presumably due to my asthma. Anyway I will keep that up.

Tash, Is the rebounder just like a trampette? Is there a problem with the trampette I use? When you say using some small weights, do you mean for me to hold in my hands whilst I jog on it? Here is a short vid of my trampoline:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cfi10I_0UtI

You live in a village? Would I do to live in a village !

Very cool video ! That's the same as a rebounder. I think it's a North American word for mini trampoline for fitness. There's classes you can take here. I usually go to one, once a week. That way, I have different muscles working all the time. And it's so much fun

One thing you should try is bouncing on it too. Pushing down as hard as you can, and pretend there's a celling right above your head, and try not to bob up and down. Shoulders down and back and sucking in your belly button to Spine.

Use weights on the rebounder as your doing this. I use 3lbs weights. We do a cardio chirography plus the small weights. So we are bouncing plus with curls, military presses etc... It burns after about 10 mins.

Yeah I also do bouncing, and also hop on one leg, and sometimes I spin while I am jumping, although that's inappropriate whilst gaming. I like the trampoline! My room has a low ceiling, so I don't need to even pretend that the ceiling is right above me - because it literally is. Yeah I live in a village, there are more pubs than there are shops

Yeah I also do bouncing, and also hop on one leg, and sometimes I spin while I am jumping, although that's inappropriate whilst gaming. I like the trampoline! My room has a low ceiling, so I don't need to even pretend that the ceiling is right above me - because it literally is. Yeah I live in a village, there are more pubs than there are shops

I always picture Ireland to be like that. I have to go and visit Europe.

I have a great

I could always ship my mom's big dog (Sophie) over to run with you

That'd be cool except that the shipping would probably not be optimal, I don't think that dogs get in-flight entertainment I never thought anyone would be interested in where I live, as I grew up here it just seems like a regular place, but I guess for other people it would be different, especially if they grew up in an American city, maybe I will take some photos

I live in Norfolk on the East coast a few minutes' drive from the beach. Expense is all relative, there are more expensive places to be, and less expensive. Generally around London is where the most expensive stuff is, things in general cost a lot more, expecially housing. I am further up, so things aren't as bad, but I guess just in terms of £ vs $, things are pretty expensive, since roughly £1 = $2 at the moment.

Another motivation for you: Think of the fact, that your body burns fat the most if you do cardio in the morning before breakfast... so go running..i have

the same problem, just like you... but its that cold at the moment so i only run at the gym where its nice and warm *g* i actually caught a cold because i was running outside, even though i was clothed warm enough... must be the cold air i was breathing in!!! what do you rain/cold/snow-runners do against that?

• 5 months later...