Vegan Vacation 2008 - July 19th - 26th.. start planning!

Jessifly

Are the dates finalized?

I just heard from a slough of people who are interested (including that crazy Organic Athlete crew 5 hours North in Victoria), as well as others.

It's funny asking the questions I like not being in charge anymore

I'm just a participant now and have passed the torch to the capable hands of Jessifly. I'm sure she'd love others to jump on the wagon just as I had loveliberate and lotus and Michelle, and xdarthveganx, etc. when I was organizer.

A team effort and a support network is always nice to have.

See you this summer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dates better stick...I just bought my ticket tonight. I'll be in Portland on the night of July 15th and I'll be staying until July 29th so start fighting to be my host

Sounds good Potter, you'll be hear early and staying later! yay!

The official dates of July 20-26 still stand although the 20th is a Sunday so people are welcome to arrive earlier in the weekend or week.

I am currently in contact with several cabin locations working out availability and rate details before selecting. I may try to make a trip up to Mt. Hood to check them out before putting a deposit down as well. Speaking of deposit... for lodging it appears (not for sure yet) but rough estimate, expect to pay between $25-$50 per person per night for the 4 night cabin stay. (note: This is just an estimate so far based on approximate rate listings for possible cabins. Also it does not include transportation and food costs and it does not include funds from fundraising, so it may be more or less, depending on those factors. More information to come....)

Oh...I guess I should talk about my tickets. I fiddled with the dates a bit on Travelocity.com They aren't as cheap as what Josh would pay but they cost me a little under $250 so no complaints there...get them early if you want to get them under $300-400...you never know hos much fuel is gonna cost in a few months. Also...it would be nice of some of you other bike riders show early...we can get some fun long rides in before the vacation starts.