Why won't the Patriots lose?

robert

Not that I'm cheering against them or hoping that they will lose, but c'mon! They have pulled out miracle wins week after week lately.

Are they just that good? Will they go unbeaten and be the greatest team ever?

Maybe so.

The whole state of Massachusetts has a lot to be happy about in the sports world, especially having the best Baseball, Basketball and Football teams in the entire country.

They don't lose because they are the best right now. Far better than the old Dolphins. I do want them to lose though. That video taping scandal bugs the hell out of me. Of course they aren't doing it now but that doesn't mean they aren't this good because of that. They won Superbowls with cheating...and winning Superbowls gets you good players. If he never won...they may not have Randy Moss or a few other players for that matter. They'd still be good but not what they are now.

<-------- Dolphins fan.

I hate the Patriots. They always seem like the Yankees of football to me. I have the Yankees also.

Reason one why I want them to lose is so that the Dolphins is still the only team with an undefeated record.

The video tape scandle bugged me also.

I want them to lose but I don't think they will. If they lose it'll probably be a fluke regular season game...which will only motivate them more to win the Superbowl which sucks.

The Patriots will only lose a few tickets the the three Dolphin fans that show up to the game....I also hope they refund their tickets. As for the Patriots being like the Yankees I wouldn't say that because they don't have all that many super stars. Brady doesn't count because he was nothing special when he got there...and outside of that they have Moss...an aging Seau and a bunch of older guys that just play well together. There are lots of good players on the team but they don't have a 1500yard rusher, or 15 sack lineman.

Hi everyone-

How are you all doing?

Cold day here on Cape Cod.

Oh, yeah, and YOU CAN ALL GO TO HELL!!!!!!

I actually feel really bad for the Dolphins - I'm a big fan of Taylor and Thomas. I don't know what they did to deserve the ass-reaming they're getting this year.

The Pats got caught cheating with videogate, no doubt. But did you notice that there was a noticeable lack of finger-pointing by many of the coaches around the league - makes me think that the Pats weren't the only ones doing it, they were just the only ones that got caught.

The Pats have been in a bit of a slump the last couple games - which I attribute to one or more of the following:

1. Their linebackers are a bit old - that's what I think did them in against the Colts in the AFC Championship game, and I worry that it'll do them in again this year.

2. Their are some freak athletes in the league, but many of the rest of the athletes are very close in skill and physical attributes. So that evens the playing field quite a bit. Besides coaching, one thing that CAN vary, from week to week, is EMOTION. Teams are REALLY gunning for the Pats right now, while I think the Pats are just playing the games. However, the Steelers might have re-awoken the beast with their comments this week, and if they did, then watch out!

One more thing - even Pats fans are sick of the endless undefeated season talk on sportstv and radio. GIVE IT A FRICKIN REST! I had to watch MNF with the mute on. Focus on some of the other great stories in the NFL this year (like Favre, Peterson, etc).

Go Pats!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Are they just that good? Will they go unbeaten and be the greatest team ever?
Yes, they are that good. If New England wins 3 playoff games including the Super Bowl, go 19-0 in the parity era they will be considered the greatest team in NFL history.

Brady doesn't turn 31 until August and Moss turns 31 in mid February. If Moss stays and New England replaces and plugs in players in there offensive and defensive system where they have weaknesses they'll win 1 or 2 more Super Bowls over the next 4-5 years.

I forgot the question was why won't the Patriots lose.

They have found a way to win all season. Blow-outs, 4th quarter come from behind victories, passing, rushing when they need too.

I don't know how well THIS NE offense will play in wintery below freezing weather against a good defensive team.

Edited 1 time 9:50 pm EST.