Tofu good or bad?

Is it true large amounts of tofu can give you the dreded "bitch tits"? If so where can I get my correct amount of protein for the day. Currently I weigh 230 lbs consume a total 350 grams of protein a day 200 grams of it comes from pea protein shakes the rest comes from Tofurky sausage and/or slices with veggie cheese. Is this a good or bad move? Thanks all help is appreciated.

This reminds me of a show I saw back in September, it was actually a contest for who had the biggest man boobs. I have no idea why I watched it... it was sort of like a traffic accident. It was.... interesting. And disturbing, because many of them had bigger boobs than me.

p.s. I'm pretty sure none of them were vegans.

I don't know why people just can't look at who suffers from these problems...none of them are vegan unless they turned vegan after getting this way before hand. Its just so rediculous. I hear women saying I don't want to be vegan because they say "all the vegan girls I know are fat"...on the other hand most people say all vegans are too damn skinny. It really is rediculous that people see things this way...hell...very few people relative the the population on either side are too damn skinny...seeing so many overweight people all the time only makes regular sized people look too skinny.

...seeing so many overweight people all the time only makes regular sized people look too skinny.

I've experienced this first hand since I've lost weight.

The first question people ask me is "how much weight have you lost"

I tell them I don't know the weight but I've lost 4 inches and have 4 to go.

They all think I'm crazy for wanting to lose more.

I have way too much fat and people think I'm skinny.

It gets even more interesting when you are an older guy and you lose a lot of weight. I've dropped more than 40 lbs ( have the stubborn "last 5" to go").

I've gotten the predictable " You look great!" s, but I have also had people start off with "You lost a lot of weight, was it intentional?".In other words, did I lose weight because I was sick.

LOL! I've always put weight on easily. When I was younger I would have gladly caught any disease that would have helped me lose a few.

I guess so many men beyond a certain age don't give a dam about their looks ( or health ) that when an older guy drops a lot of weight that thought comes to people's minds.

Getting back to your point, a friend of mine married and converted an omni about two years ago. His family.....all obese and morbidly obese people, accuse her of starving her husband, yet he is right in the middle of his BMI range.

I've gotten the predictable " You look great!" s, but I have also had people start off with "You lost a lot of weight, was it intentional?".In other words, did I lose weight because I was sick.

Apparently a bunch of people at work have asked my boss if I'm "sick" because I've lost quite a bit of weight.

It's amazing how now that I'm healthier than I've ever been in my entire life, people think I'm "sick" because I'm no longer carrying excess weight.

Thats a superstition too. Otherwise lazy people wouldn't be able to stay thin while eating 5000 calories a day and having lower heart rates than overweight people. The problem is they don't absorb food very well...this is really the only way this can work. Metabolism can only do so much and in reality the people that would have a higher metabolism would be people with higher heart rates...which tends to be the same people that are overweight complaining about having a slow metabolism.

• 2 weeks later...

When I first realized I need to lose weight people overweight told me I was fine and was muscular even though I was 223lbs at 18%bf. When I finally did most of my fat clients were like "jimi, youre losing your face. dont lose any more weight." Now they are fine with it and i show them my old picture and I hear "Wow, you look better now at 176lbs!"