Sexiest Veg Contest - Hope This Isn't Tacky But....

veggieprincess

Okay, I don't know where the thread is about this but I emailed Peta about a month ago to ask when the Sexiest Vegetarian Next Door contest opens for 2008 and they said it would open at the beginning of December so I'm gearing up to enter.

I know they always pick a 12 year old to win (LOL), but I need to constantly set goals for myself or else I would probably have an Amy's Cheeseless Pizza with a bottle of red wine every night and call it a day.....

That being said... (and I hope this isn't terribly cheezy), would anyone mind poking around my myspace page and website to tell me what photos you would submit if you were me. Maybe one that is the best of the face and one that is the best physique? It is impossible to critique yourself, so I'm seeking some other opinions. Thanks in advance

http://www.myspace.com/ocfitnesspros

http://www.ocfitnesspros.com

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a finalist here on the forum last year! oregonisaac made it to the top 10 after 700 entries and probably came runner up, as he didn't win.

I'm sure many people will be involved this year and send in and entry.

Some members here want nothing to do with PETA, others are happy to send in an entry or otherwise vote or support the contest.

I think there are good reasons on both sides of the issue, to support the contest or not support it.

I'll probably send in another entry this year and I'll take the photos up in Canada next week

Have fun and best of luck!

We had a finalist here on the forum last year! oregonisaac made it to the top 10 after 700 entries and probably came runner up, as he didn't win.

I'm sure many people will be involved this year and send in and entry.

Some members here want nothing to do with PETA, others are happy to send in an entry or otherwise vote or support the contest.

I think there are good reasons on both sides of the issue, to support the contest or not support it.

I'll probably send in another entry this year and I'll take the photos up in Canada next week

Have fun and best of luck!

Hmm, so your doing a seperate photo shoot for it. Wish I could afford to do that. I may try if the entry cut-off date is far enough off. Please let me know if you have any heads up on what kind of shots they might prefer. Natural? Physique? Candid?

Yeah, I do have some insight! Last year when Oregonisaac was a finalist, I was actually one of the photographers. I probably took 100-200 photos of Isaac and he was getting feedback from PETA about what type of look they wanted.

Of course he's a male, but I may have some general insight.

Cracking the top 10 is hard, a bunch of us tried last year but it was cool to see someone from this forum, (a good friend of mine here in Portland) make it to top 10!

Also, for the record, in their cutest next door contest we had another top 10 finalist here, that was tofutod.

So, we're well represented as sexy vegans according to PETA

Okay, I don't know where the thread is about this but I emailed Peta about a month ago to ask when the Sexiest Vegetarian Next Door contest opens for 2008 and they said it would open at the beginning of December so I'm gearing up to enter.

I know they always pick a 12 year old to win (LOL), but I need to constantly set goals for myself or else I would probably have an Amy's Cheeseless Pizza with a bottle of red wine every night and call it a day.....

That being said... (and I hope this isn't terribly cheezy), would anyone mind poking around my myspace page and website to tell me what photos you would submit if you were me. Maybe one that is the best of the face and one that is the best physique? It is impossible to critique yourself, so I'm seeking some other opinions. Thanks in advance

http://www.myspace.com/ocfitnesspros

http://www.ocfitnesspros.com

your photos are set to private. you should take digital photos now and compare them with the professional ones you have. Also you should try a pic as a brunette. Also photos that are more girl next store (little more fuller) rather then I can bounce a quarter off my tummy leaness.

In other words I cant resist a brunette and I cant stand a woman who shows more self control then I do when it comes to eating.

I know they always pick a 12 year old to win (LOL), but I need to constantly set goals for myself or else I would probably have an Amy's Cheeseless Pizza with a bottle of red wine every night and call it a day

Word.

I've always found fit women in their late thirties to mid forties to be the most attractive. Even now that I am old enough to be worthy of their attention I still find women in this age range to be the sexist ones out there.

I like this picture of you the best out of the ones on your site:

http://ocfitnesspros.googlepages.com/armykeeper2.JPG/armykeeper2-custom;size:173,330.jpg

That pose really works for you.

At the risk of making you hate me, my all time favorite was a "before picture" you posted of yourself in a denim miniskirt with a halter top, standing on the balls of your feet.

I realize this is a potentially offensive opinion, but you asked which picture would help you win. Being uber ripped impresses people at bodybuilding contests and it impresses other women. Men find it sexy too, but many men or people who judge what is "sexy" like men do don't always go for the uber, clarence bass, ripped look.

If you want to see what goes for mainstream "sexy" in my humble opinion the Sports Illustrated swim suit models are it.

Based on your current pictures I don't think you would have to do much work...if any, to match those models.

Again, no offense. My only intent is to give you an opinion that I think might help you win the contest.

Again, no offense. My only intent is to give you an opinion that I think might help you win the contest.

I don't think it's offensive to say what you prefer or what you tend to find sexy or attractive. I agree with you. Yesterday I watch the new Spice Girls video and the only one I found attractive was the one who wasn't uber thin and ripped.

pazios... your funny. Ok, I'll work on the brunette thing just for you!! ha, ha

your post cracked me up.

beforewisdom... exactly what markc said. There's nothing offensive about stating your preferences, and besides I posted this thread asking for opinions on my photos/image so feel free to say whatever you want

and thanks for taking a moment to tell me what picture you like best. I appreciate it

If I remember correctly, oregonisaac and tofutod both had fairly understated poses - natural, relaxed, sorta innocent looking (though clearly neither are ).

I think they pulled off that "I'd take that guy home to meet mom" kind of look (not my mom, but you know what I mean).

Sexiness is obviously very subjective, but if I were you, I'd lean towards the natural, big smile, "she would look great in a gown but probably prefers a t-shirt and jeans" kind of look. I definitely would not go for the 1% bodyfat pose - not for this contest anyway.

This is an example of the kind of photo that doesn't win:

Not trying to sound full of myself, because I'm going less and less in that direction, but I think this photo is sexy. Take my head off, it could be anyone's head, it was the theme I was going for, and I thought it was a sexy theme.

"Strong vegan guy, shirt off, out in the garden, etc."

I put a lot of work into the contest last year (mostly wanting the title and the trip to Hawaii)

http://a816.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/50/l_d8652fd6da5d19bd7befed123c3f0997.jpg

I will always argue that oregonisaac is much sexier than I am. He has pretty incredible eyes, smile, and a feeling about him that exudes sexiness. He was selected as a finalist by using this photo:

http://a706.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/26/l_38dcf3794bee4503c1d49ae48c700439.jpg

Then the photo PETA used to be voted on was this one, taken by our own lillikoi:

http://a226.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/47/l_6c5e13c192c18e47b662a4d167d94fb1.jpg

What I was worried about in my photos was that I showed too much muscle and many votes (female teen/early twenties) wouldn't like it. I took that risk anyway. It probably just came down to the fact that there were far sexier people who submitted entries.

But anyway, I found it interesting that when we were doing photo shoots for oregonisaac, PETA was asking him to "show more muscle" which is how he ended up with the photo they decided to use. (the one listed above).

So anyway, I think smile, eyes, etc. win the most points since it's a "next door contest" of cuteness almost more than hotness, if that makes sense.

Best of luck everyone.

I'd love to see someone from here be a finalist so we can help them get the title and the trip

I'll enter again just for the shot at both of those

You got it!

With a big trip up for grabs, a title, and recognition the finalists get and this community could get, I'm going to support this thing well, and support all of you who enter.

Again, it's about supporting people and their interests to promote veganism, rather than focusing on being tacky or questioning their involvement in a PETA related contest.

oregonisaac got all kinds of exposure last year on the radio, newspaper, TV, etc. to talk about vegan issues, solely based on the fact that he was a finalist in this contest.

That is important to note! Did it create change? I bet so, on some level.

Good luck veggieprincess!

As for what's hottest/sexiest, it's so subjective. Everyone has different tastes, and many people are confused or untruthful about what they find attractive. I do think you should make sure you're smiling in at least some of your pics.

Just know this: you are a knock out, and at least as gorgeous as the past winners!

Good luck veggieprincess!

As for what's hottest/sexiest, it's so subjective. Everyone has different tastes, and many people are confused or untruthful about what they find attractive. I do think you should make sure you're smiling in at least some of your pics.

Just know this: you are a knock out, and at least as gorgeous as the past winners!

This is a good point and it is VERY IMPORTANT to realize WHO the AUDIENCE is (people in their 20-somethings at PETA choosing for an audience of 18-24 mostly girls/women.

Just wanted to point that out since it is a critical factor to keep in mind.

I'm not 100% sure about my demographics there, but I think I'm close to right and I know people at PETA I could ask to help get more info to help us produce a winner

Also you should try a pic as a brunette. -pazios2002

I also vote for brunette...

Based on the winning pics Robert posted, I would recommend concentrating on conveying a attitude of sexy, happy, confident, and approachable. (Edited: Robert, this is not to say that you don't look "sexy, happy, confident, and approachable." , the other guy just looks more "guy-next-door-ish" in a way that your average PETA voter could probably imagine themselves actually getting a date with that guy. Contrast this to ripped, super fit, Mr.Cheeke ) I would say that pamela's suggestion of doing some pics "smiling" is good too.

You have a really great physique, so there's really nothing to worry about there

This is pure speculation, but I'm guessing most of the people voting in this are "intimidated" by someone in such great shape, so striving to convey an air of approachability (girl next door factor???) with your facial expression/body language might be a good idea?

Of course I never even heard of this contest before reading this post, so what do I know???

-Chris

Edited by LongTimeVegan