Vegan Mac Danzig has won "The Ultimate Fighter 6"

damdaman

Im a bit worried about Mac in the UFC.

I havent seen any of Mac's fights when he was with Pride, so I dont know how good he is in the light weight division. But watching UFC's light weight division it seems so many of those guys are much faster and more brutal than Mac.

The fights he had in the television show where good, but it still has left me worried about his fights coming up. ~shrugs~

when Mac went to Pride he fought Hayato Sakurai, a veteran of 40 MMA matches and recognized as one of the best fighters in the world. Mac had mentioned in an interview that he was fighting his hero because watching Sakurai fight made him want to go into MMA. so they may have also been the mental factor involved in his loss (like the first time GSP fought Matt Hughes, he couldn't even look him in the eye because he was so nervous).

the lightweight division does have some excellent fighters, but i give Mac as good a chance as anyone else. and like Warlock mentioned, on the ultimate fighter show he was fighting guys at welterweight (170 lbs) and ran thru them all. at 155lbs he is gonna do great.

I think Mac will do well in lightweight. He knows what he's up against and he'll be ready. There's a lot of skilled fighters at 155 and Mac should fit right in. I'm wondering if he'll get a big fight first up...

Yeah I wonder too ! Probably no doubt in my mind. That guy is very inspiring.

I just red on a poster that he's teaching a seminar here in Victoria this Saturday. he's also fighting sometime this month. I'll be able to come out and book the night off work, if you and Suz are in town.

I think Mac will do well in lightweight. He knows what he's up against and he'll be ready. There's a lot of skilled fighters at 155 and Mac should fit right in. I'm wondering if he'll get a big fight first up...

I just red on a poster that he's teaching a seminar here in Victoria this Saturday. he's also fighting sometime this month. I'll be able to come out and book the night off work, if you and Suz are in town.

Whoa - tempting! I'll look into it... thanks, tasha!

Trev

Trev

Cool

Trev

Cool

The seminar is at Island MMA. It's $125 per person. I don't know. I injured my back again in Dec and have just gotten back into training after a full month off travelling. If I was 100% and I knew I'd get a lot out of it, I'd be there. We are thinking of coming over to Vic next wknd tho - Jan 18,19 20th - you around? You can PM me so we don't hijack the Mac thread...

oh I was talking about his fight here.

I don't think I would be able to throw a punch, kick, or hold. !

I haven't spared with anyone since 1998

I can't remember what date it said on the poster ?

I'll PM you for sure. I should be around !!!! I think Rob said he was coming over too. YEAH Mini VV in Canada !