Bodybuilding "supplements"

robert

I know we had a thread about supplements we take in general, but what about bodybuilding ones.

Specifically, has anyone tried NO EXPLODE?

Or anything else you find beneficial?

I'm trying to get back in the game and I'm trying to catch up with the times. Any boosters of any kind worth taking?

I have a whole foods approach but if there are some things that could enhance intensity, strength, drive, recovery, etc. I'd be interested.

Thanks.

I'm currently using Creatine Ethyl-Ester Powder and experiencing good results with. I am getting results that are at least as good as Creatine Monohydrate, without the bloat! It looks like CEE Malate is one of the active ingredients in NO Explode. So is caffeine... It looks like a lot of the active ingredients in this product are available bulk from trueprotein.

I haven't tried NO Explode, I'm a little wary of products containing artificial flavors and colors; FD&C Red#40 is derived from coal tar or petroleum!

When it comes to taking synthetic powders made in a lab, I like to buy them bulk so I can cut down on all the additional synthetic ingredients that they are usually mixed with.

-Chris

I am in love with Xtend by Scivation. I never work out without taking this.

Dr. Joe also takes this and loves it, as does a few other board members that don't post than often but have PM'd me that they love it and take it regularly.

It preserves muscle tissue, aids in recovery, but one of the biggest bonuses that everyone seems to notice is that your strength increases so quickly. I don't even know if the product is supposed to do this but everyone who takes this regularly that I've talked to, has found that they are able to increase whatever weight they were doing the week before. For me, I'm able to usually go up 5 to 10 pounds the following week when I'm consistent.

In 1 week???? You mean the very next time you work that bodypart you are able to increase the weight?

Okay, well if that is true for everyone, then I guess you are right. But for me...... I found I wasn't able to increase weight so soon without the Xtend.

That depends, sometimes I can, sometimes I can't.... I just don't see the benefits of a bcaa supplement when I eat enough protein...maybe i'm missing out.

The biggest thing that has helped me is Zinc + Magnesium before bed... 400mg magnesium, 50 mg zinc. They sell it together as ZMA but I take the two minerals together, it's cheaper.

Supposed to induce deep sleep cycles and stimulate growth and testosterone. Works for me...

I love your new Avatar by the way. It's about

Rocky will make a comeback one day.

I've been scanning the other bodybuilding forums and it seems the consensus is that NO Explode is the new marketing scam of supplements. Some people say they are experiencing results, but the majority of threads I have read have said its BS. On the same note, I've read the same about Creatine Ethyl-Ester. But, I have not tried either one, and just from the threads that I have read, I will probably stay to the mainstream until more information is available on it... but thats just me.

In 1 week???? You mean the very next time you work that bodypart you are able to increase the weight?

Okay, well if that is true for everyone, then I guess you are right. But for me...... I found I wasn't able to increase weight so soon without the Xtend.

If one is looking to increase strenght or size, one would aim to improve every time they workout. Either more reps or more weight. If that's not happening I would change routine and/or increase food intake.

Ive went through a whole jug of it and can say I was pleased. BUT most of the time a supplement will just give you more motivation to workout harder in the gym rather than actually doing something.

Id say when i took NOxplode I got a good pump while working out. I also got the same pump while not on it too. I just think the ARGININE in it is what did it. Vyotech's 17-HD is what you should get if you want a boost and have massive pumps. That stuff worked for me every time. BUT then again Ive taken just plain ol' arginine right before i worked out and got the same effect but only cheaper.

I thought Extend was a body lengthening product???

As for No Explose I haven't used it and wouldn't now as a cyclist but I can imagine its a good product and I would definitely try it if I were in the market for gaining muscle. Outside of that creatine creatine creatine. Before I went vegan it was really about creatine, soy protein, occationally whey, and lots of weight gainers(of course these are mostly whey and sugar). All of these things seemed to work for me but as soon as I went vegan I pretty much stopped taking anything and my progress actually sped up.

When I was taking creatine I saw a huge increase in strength (and size). I gained 10 pounds pretty quickly. I would never do it again though. I got some crazy stretch marks that took forever to go away (some still haven't). I also lost most of the weight when I went off of it. Some of the strength remained, but it was quite the demotivator to not have that same "super pumped" feeling during and after workouts. Just not worth it.

I have only one thing to say XTEND

I'd like to take an interesting spin on this post... I found XTEND and was curious to see that the description states: "scientific blend of Energy Aminos consisting of the proven 2:1:1 ratio of Branched Chain Amino Acids (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine)"

I have never read about the proven 2:1:1 ratio and am curious about this study, so I used googs and found that interestingly enough,True Protein notes the sources of the studies conducted regarding the 2:1:1 ratio or so it seems that way. Also...

Optimum also makes a 2:1:1 amino acid product.

Primaforce's 2:1:1 Product

Universal Nutrition has 2:1:1 BCAA product

Jarrow's

2:1:1 BCAA product

Axis Labs 2:1:1 Ethyl Ester BCAA product

And I'm sure this probably others as I have never supplemented BCAAs...

Well if you are interested in seeing where I'm going with this go to this thread: Protein powder comparative amino acid analysis

Sometimes studies and research takes you so far and then you've just gotta give it a shot. All I know is that everyone who has tried this regularly (Xtend) has nothing but positive things to say about it.

Just google some of the reviews of the product. Alot of people who have tried it agree it's a pretty superior supplement when they give it a shot.

When I was taking creatine I saw a huge increase in strength (and size). I gained 10 pounds pretty quickly. I would never do it again though. I got some crazy stretch marks that took forever to go away (some still haven't). I also lost most of the weight when I went off of it. Some of the strength remained, but it was quite the demotivator to not have that same "super pumped" feeling during and after workouts. Just not worth it.

Stretch marks are a part of growing and a part of lifting. You're probably gonna get them anyway...especially in the chest and shoulders. You should look at it as a reward for hard work. You work so hard and your muscles are growing too fast for your skin.

How were you taking it? And which kind? I'm on a cycle now, my strength is incredible (for me).... hitting PB's all over the place. But I am not gaining weight to date. However, if you are going to full out do this thing (compete), I would suggest a bulking phase anyway.

Guide for Newbies (BBer's): (If you are competing be sure to do your research! You don't want to go into a Natty Comp and end up kicked out due to something that was on the blacklist. And of course being vegan, it's up to you to check your supps are, or if there is an alternative brand that is)

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1852816

I did not realise most people are using artificial supps before starting working out, even people on here, and I thought it was strange. I researched it a little and after a while I'm still finding it strange. I have nothing against it, I just find it strange and... artificial.

Specifically, has anyone tried NO EXPLODE?

Or anything else you find beneficial?

Apparently BSN is getting sued for not having any CEE in their product. I stumbled across this the other day. Didn't really read through it cause I'm not to interested in BSN products. But thought people would like to see this.

http://www.rippedacademy.com/quad/topic/BSN-Getting-Sued-888