Vegan Vacation 2008 - Poll to change dates?

Jessifly

What week should VV08 take place?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

FYI

AR 2008

2008 August 14 - 18

Taking Action For Animals ( the HSUS conference )

2008 July 19th - 21st

Vegetarian (vegan) Summerfest

http://vegetariansummerfest.org/

2008 June 18 - 22

FYI

Thanks for posting this. I was going to suggest some post an annual calendar of major events, or at least around those few months we're considering.

Thanks for posting that.

Thanks to Jessi also for helping us sort out a date for the event. I'll be on tour a lot and it's a busy time of year, so hopefully I can attend this year

I know we all have different schedules for work, school, family, etc. so I'm sure we won't be able to accommodate everyone, but as we've done in year's past we'll try to pick the best dates that work with the most people who are totally committed to coming, so we can ensure a good turn-out.

We'll try to work with as many schedules as we can and we'll take into account other events going on around the same time of of year.

Thanks for your input and your interest! See a bunch of you this coming summer!

Its no biggie for me so long as I can do AR08 but I picked the earliest date and the next week wouldn't be bad either. It would make it possible for me to enter a really big race in Portland which is cool but if not I don't really care that much.

Is it possible to move the last choice ( August 17th - 23rd ) forward one or two days to eliminate overlap with AR 2008 and give people from there a chance to travel west?

From what I remember the last day of the AR 2*** conferences isn't really a last day, just a chance to meet and go on a group protest. In other words wouldn't miss much if your dropped August 18th from AR 2008.

Still with traveling and getting settled you would still get a day clipped from V V if it starts on the 17th.

Is it possible to move the last choice ( August 17th - 23rd ) forward one or two days to eliminate overlap with AR 2008 and give people from there a chance to travel west?

From what I remember the last day of the AR 2*** conferences isn't really a last day, just a chance to meet and go on a group protest. In other words wouldn't miss much if your dropped August 18th from AR 2008.

Still with traveling and getting settled you would still get a day clipped from V V if it starts on the 17th.

this would be good for me too.

In general the dates are open to flexibility. For the purpose of this survey I chose calendar weeks because, at least with my employer and likely most employers, selecting a vacation week runs a calendar week Sunday to Saturday. However, many people will choose to join in on VV before or after the chosen dates as well. After the base week is chosen we can work the itinerary around that.

....perhaps I should have had a previous poll to chose the dates to put in this poll... hehehe

I didn't vote yet. I only want the date changed, no matter if earlier or later!

BECAUSE: you cannot have the vegan vacation overlapping with the vegan fitness week!

The VF week is from august 8-13, so pleeaase do something about that! I know there won't be too many people attending both, but i want to!

Of course, you only miss spooning the ice cream out of my head!

Nah, the double post is due to the error message i got when i posted, so i tried again

Of course i miss you, too, Potter.

... i'm just glad that you're married now so i won't have to spoon with you again!

I'm just bumping this up to remind everyone wanting to attend VV08 to please vote!

(Especially everyone who has already expressed their interest.. we need your input!)

this means you:

1. Jessifly

2. veganpotter

3. lotus

4. loveliberate

5. Zack

6. xveganjoshx

7. dreamingana

8. DV

9. xdarthveganx

10. robert

11. davidtarrfoster