Ravi

SeaSiren

Tigress

JoeC (from veganfitness)

TylerM (from veganfitness)

JP (from veganfitness)

Anyone planning on going?

http://www.arnoldclassic.com/

I was there for my 21st birthday and haven't been back. As far as I know "I'm Free" that day from my tour and March 2nd will be my 28th birthday.

Maybe it's time to go back to the Arnold

Some info about it:

In 2008, the 20th Anniversary Arnold Classic will welcome back many of the event's past champions offering a rare opportunity to gather with icons of men's bodybuilding.

The Arnold Classic is the premiere event in men's professional bodybuilding and annually welcomes the sport's top professional athletes who will compete for top prize money and the coveted Audemars Piguet watch.

Prejudging for the Arnold Classic is held annually Saturday at 12 noon at Veterans Memorial Auditorium proceeding the 7 p.m. evening finals. The Arnold Classic annually sells out and fills the entire Veterans Memorial Auditorium. 15 international judges and officials will preside in 2008 at the 20th annual Arnold Classic, and the Ms. International, Fitness International, and Figure International events.

In 1970, Sports Illustrated identified Columbus, Ohio's Mr. World contest as one of the "Greatest Moments in Sports" -- a young Austrian athlete named Arnold Schwarzenegger took home the championship trophy and $500. Since that time, the event now known as the Arnold Classic has become the premiere event in professional men's bodybuilding.

The 2007 Arnold Schwarzenegger Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to six-time winner of the Ms. Olympia, Corey Everson. Everson helped to create a new standard for female muscularity that inspired generations of women to pursue weightlifting.

Edited by robert

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The EXPO:

Arnold EXPO

The Arnold EXPO is the largest health and fitness expo in the country with 650 booths showcasing healthy lifestyle products and methods to more than 150,000 fitness fans in three days of free entertainment and competiton from top professional and amateur athletes.

The Arnold Sports Festival is "A Weekend of Sports and A Lifetime of Fitness" hosting 39 sporting events. More than 17,000 athletes and 150,000 sports fans watch three days of athletic competition that tests human capabilities in the widest variety of sports in one place for so many athletes than any other event in the world.

There are more than 650 booth spaces in the Arnold EXPO at the Arnold Sports Festival. As many as 150,000 sports fans and fitness fans pass through the doors of the Greater Columbus Convention Center on their way to the 36 sporting events during the weekend.

If you've ever been to the Arnold EXPO on a Saturday afternoon or waited on Friday morning with that $10 EXPO ticket in hand for the doors to open you'll know there's no way to properly describe what it's like to be among so many people with fitness fun on their minds.

Hey Potter; check this out. U should come out too!

http://www.arnoldclassic.com/h_cycling.asp?sl=1

Fat Rabbit Racing on a Sunday Morning

Arnold Sports Festival to Partner with Fat Rabbit Racing in the Creation of the Inaugural Arnold Cycling Challenge

The Arnold Sports Festival 2008 will present a new Olympic sport in 2008, The Arnold Cycling Challenge, a short distance criterium road race Sunday morning March 2 in downtown Columbus.

Jim Lorimer, Producer of the Arnold Sports Festival commented, "The Arnold Sports Festival grows annually and this event will present an exciting new element of athletic acumen to the Weekend."

"The Arnold Cycling Challenge will be a test of speed and endurance on a criterium course," said Craig Thompson, CEO of Fat Rabbit Racing. "We will welcome the top male and female cyclists from across the country to participate in this high caliber event."

Thompson added, "The Arnold Cycling Challenge will kick off the 2008 cycling season for Ohio and indeed the Midwest. Our cyclists will have to begin their training earlier in the winter months and the element of the weather will add some unique but fun challenges."

The Arnold Cycling Challenge will showcase Category 1, 2 & 3 riders will be attracted by the prize money with a total purse of $10,000. The categories are based on experience and placements in previous races. The event will be sanctioned by USA Cycling.

I'll be there

Some guys from VF and i are planning to make a trip to the Arnold's

Will be a great time meeting a lot old (and new) friends!

I need to get JACKED until then!

Hammer, wann fliegst du?

Hast du schon mal überschlagen wieviel du für Flug und Hotel zahlen wirst?

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, now I'm going to start making plans and saving money!!!!

Some of my good buddies on the forum will be there and many people like Bronco who I've been wanting to meet in person!

This is great! I'm in Canada with Jessifly and just mentioned it to her and she "might" be in too!

Yay!

I'm super pumped about this. Seriously, I was there in 2001. It is the best event I've ever been to, which includes quite a few major events even the Mr. Olympia.

Let's keep going with this!

See you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's get a list going

Who's "seriously" planning on attending?

So far:

robert

xveganjoshx

Bronco

Daywalker

Ravi

More?

It's in Ohio. Anyone live close by and want to drive, bus, carpool, or fly?

20th Anniversary, it will most likely be HUGE!!!!

Let's talk details!

Hotel, who's staying with who?

Let's plan some events while we're there? Looking up things ahead of time, places to go, things to do.

I realize the events take up nearly the whole day (I've been to this event before) but it would be cool to do some group things as well, training and eating.

Let's discuss more details soon.

Thanks! Look forward to seeing you all!

P.S. I probably won't get tickets to watch the events. They are expensive and I've seen a ton of shows. I mainly want to hang out at the expo all day everyday

I think tickets are like $10 or something, maybe more these days, but tickets to watch the contests are probably around $100 or double that.

So I'll just be at the hotel, at the expo, training and eating the whole time.

Yeah, I could use a roomie or 2 or 3 or 4 .....

My criteria though is non snorers, non smokers and must not mind that I drink Other than that you won't even know I am there!

If tigress is coming, she and I could double up on 1 bed, 2 others on the other and maybe some on cots? would cut costs way down!

I am looking for roommates as well! Planning to come in Thursday night and leave Sunday afternoon.

I am planning to go to the Expo all days but really intested in seeing the Amateur competition. Might spring for a pro main event ticket as well...would be fun to see the pros, since I've never been to this type of show before.

Yeah, lets organize it so that we're at least in the same hotel floor. That would be cool. We should get the "official" list together than split rooms up however people want to. I'm down staying with whomever.

I may not go to the show either. Unless you get REALLY good seats, you won't see as much as you'll see if you just watch it online. The experience is worth it though to go. I just don't want to pay 250 or more for seats.

Does arnold actually show up to this thing? I think so, right? I mean, it's his event.

My criteria though is non snorers, non smokers and must not mind that I drink Other than that you won't even know I am there!

If tigress is coming, she and I could double up on 1 bed, 2 others on the other and maybe some on cots? would cut costs way down!

Well I dont smoke, dont mind if you drink but am not sure if I snore or not and with the size of my chest there is no way I can lie on my front to stop it if I do lol

Well I dont smoke, dont mind if you drink but am not sure if I snore or not and with the size of my chest there is no way I can lie on my front to stop it if I do lol

lol

Yeah, lets organize it so that we're at least in the same hotel floor. That would be cool. We should get the "official" list together than split rooms up however people want to. I'm down staying with whomever.

I may not go to the show either. Unless you get REALLY good seats, you won't see as much as you'll see if you just watch it online. The experience is worth it though to go. I just don't want to pay 250 or more for seats.

Does arnold actually show up to this thing? I think so, right? I mean, it's his event.

I'm really getting excited about this! In fact, I'm in L.A. with Brendan Brazier right now trying to convince him to come too

I've roomed with SeaSiren in the past and she didn't mind my snoring

Yeah, I'm down to go and chill and hang out and train together, etc, but may not watch the shows, just hang out at the Expo mainly.

Arnold is there. I met him briefly back in 2001 and got a photo with him, but I also had VIP tickets, which I'm not willing to pay for this time around.

But he'll be there and since it's the 20th anniversary "everyone" will be there

See you all soon.

Ravi and I will start looking into hotel details and I'll post some info soon

Hotel info:

http://www.arnoldclassic.com/h_hotels.asp

The Expo is pretty intense. I recall moments like this when the Expo doors open:

http://www.columbusconventions.com/graphics/news/expo.jpg

I was chatting with Kurt Angle (pro wrestler) outside as we waited for the doors to open up. I had a fun time!

Edited by robert