Quote of the day

robert

I just got singed up for a mailing list that sends a quote of the day, everyday.

I'll post the quote of the day, each day in this thread.

It has been 3 days and I like them all so far.

Here is the one today, which seems fitting for me

"Let the world know the real you."

I felt I had to hide for so many years, and not express my real opinions on things. Only few know the real "me" but come 2008, a lot of people are going to get a close look at the real RC.

No more trying to please everyone and wanting everyone to like me. No more being neutral on every issue because I felt it was the right thing to do at the time. No more grey area and on the fence stances.

I look forward to being "me" again

Edited by robert

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is for real.

It has been extremely liberating to actually be myself for the past few months. I wasn't myself during Vegan Vacation or other times over the past couple of years.

This is a big step for me, seriously. I'm really happy about it and this quote of the day just happened to tie in to my current state of progress.

This is one of my favourite, together with the Carl Sagan one I posted awhile ago:

"It has often been said that power corrupts. But it is perhaps equally important to realize that weakness, too, corrupts. Power corrupts the few, while weakness corrupts the many. Hatred, malice, rudeness, intolerance, and suspicion are the faults of weakness. The resentment of the weak does not spring from any injustice done to them but from the sense of inadequacy and impotence. They hate not wickedness but weakness. When it is their power to do so, the weak destroy weakness wherever they see it."

- Eric Hoffer

Can I post my quote of the day? I got this from a co-worker who said it when asked why he didn't want a promotion (that brought a LOT more responsibility with it). I am stepping down as chairman of a board I've been on for the past year. It's severely affecting my life overall and my workouts in particular. This is the perfect quote when asked why:

Why should I make my life more difficult so that yours may be easier?

On the surface, it sounds like a selfish quote. But if you're someone who takes on work that no one else will do, well then you get it! I bet Rob gets it.

Can I post my quote of the day? I got this from a co-worker who said it when asked why he didn't want a promotion (that brought a LOT more responsibility with it). I am stepping down as chairman of a board I've been on for the past year. It's severely affecting my life overall and my workouts in particular. This is the perfect quote when asked why:

Why should I make my life more difficult so that yours may be easier?

On the surface, it sounds like a selfish quote. But if you're someone who takes on work that no one else will do, well then you get it! I bet Rob gets it.

Yeah, I totally get it. It's like exhibitors at my festivals who are basically saying.....let me pay less to participate to increase my own profit while you do all the work and take less of a payment from me.

I like that quote you gave too.

Yeah, you can post anything you want here.

I just got on a mailing list with awesome daily quotes so I'm sharing them

Cool idea. If you don't mind I want to include a few quotes I made up.

I don't care if my glass is half empty. It can be refilled.

If man was meant to eat meat why did god give animals sharp teeth?( Just made that one up just now. lol)

And my personal favorite...

See the World. Be the World.