Quote of the day

robert

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice thread, good quotes. But the allusion to Kurt Vonnegut called me. Astrocat he's an American writer with a really smart sense of humor. I bet you know about the book "Breakfast of Champions"!

"What is time? It's a serpent which eats it own tail"

lol this reminds me of Will Cuppy:

"Aristotle was famous for knowing everything. He taught that the brain is only for cooling down the blood and is not involved in the process of thinking. That is only true to some people."

A few of my favorite quotes:

Until he extends his circle of compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace. - Dr. Albert Schweitzer

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. - Woodrow Wilson

I think it is time I tell you what people are saying behind your back...! Nice Ass.

~they say the secret of success is being at the right place at the right time. but since you never know when the right time is going to be, i figure the trick is to find the right place, and just hang around...(Calvin & Hobbes)~

Those who don’t know how to weep with their whole heart, don’t know how to laugh either.

Golda Meir

I don't think crying and laughing have much at all really to do with each other. Wonder why she thought such a thing? I don't get it. I went a decade without crying because after I recognized it required a belief in a "god", I found it too ridiculous to manage, yet I laughed plenty.