NEW VBB shirts have arrived (Made in USA)

robert

Hey,

We finally have some white t-shirts. I know in the past I've always used royal blue, black, grey, or random other colors.

So now we have white shirts with royal blue text and they are American Apparel, made in Los Angeles. Nice to be back to using Made in America-Sweatshop free clothing like we used to.

They are super soft and pretty cool looking.

Anyway, just wanted to point out that they are here. Not that anyone should feel obligated to get one, but I know some of you have been asking for them, so here they are.

I'll add them to the products page soon.

They will be $20 plus shipping (they are more expensive for me too).

I also got a bunch of VEGAN printed knit caps and headbands.

Just wanted to pass the info along.

I'll post pics soon.

If you want anything right away, pm me.

I have:

Small

Medium

Large

Extra Large

We're the old shirts not sweatshop free/made in america?????????

I think I'm going to burn mine.

Sounds like a responsible thing to do.

Dude, I've seen the clothes everyone at Vegan Vacation (including you) wear on a regular basis and I can pretty much promise that over 50% of what each of us wears is made in a sweat-shop in some 3rd world country.

So don't go hatin on me.

From the get go we produced Made in America Sweat-shop FREE clothing, but some batches of printed shirts over the past 2 years haven't been Made in America.

I take full responsibility for everything I do, and now everything is sweatshop-free.

The shirts look really sweet too. I was super SWOL after my arm workout last night and made the shirt look good

Anyway, they are available if anyone wants them. Photos to come soon....I don't have internet at home anymore so I'm not online as much.

Yay!! New t-shirts!

Dude, I've seen the clothes everyone at Vegan Vacation (including you) wear on a regular basis and I can pretty much promise that over 50% of what each of us wears is made in a sweat-shop in some 3rd world country.

That's it! No more clothes for me!

I just wanted to point out (something I mention in my talks too) that so many of us focus on the things we do right......for example....many people could be saying....."No way, there is no way 50% or more of my clothes come from sweat shops." But if you were to take every clothing item you have, look the the labels and then put them in piles, 90% of us would have more than 50% of our clothing coming from sweat shops, whether we realize it or not.

It is human nature to not think about things like that and always focus on the things we do right. But that isn't being honest with ourselves.

So yeah, there are a few dozen VBB shirts out there made in 3rd World Countries. Basically because they were already in the store and rather than ordering more blank shirts, I just took what was in the store. They were also cheaper and I didn't have much money.

But now I'm taking much more of a human rights stance than I have in the past, even more so than I did years ago when everything was printed with certain standards.

Nobody's perfect and I imagine 90% of you are less than 50% perfect when it comes to your clothes...........and not just clothes.....your other house-hold items as well. Check a label and then let me know how many things you're going to burn in your house.

So back to the matter at hand.

The shirts are cool, cute, soft, nice and made in L.A. where people are paid good wages.

If you're interested let me know. It's just something else that is available to those who want it.

Wow Rob, way to get super defensive. I was mostly kidding about burning them. Although I think progessives who claim to believe in animal rights have to make that extension to human animals as well. I see this all too often in people, they care about animals but not humans.

I know the ethic is there, and I know your head is in the right place. Mine is too. I don't appreciate the personal attack of whether or not my clothes are sweatshop free or not (plus what do you know of what I do and do not own?). I haven't bought clothes for myself since going vegan anyway. People buy me stuff and I wear it. I don't return it if it's not sweatshop free, but I encourage people to get me stuff that is (like the time I asked someone to spend 40 bucks on a plain black hoodie instead of one for 7 dollars made overseas). I guess this isn't much better than a vegan who doesn't buy leather but will wear leather if someone else gets it for them as a present .... but the point is that the ethic is there. Plus you run a business, you have a responsibility as a distributor of VEGAN goods to keep progressively linked issues consistent.

I don't want to jack your thread, I guess I was just disappointed about hearing that the new shirts are sweatshop free, and the old ones aren't. I just kind of assumed they were.

Ethically manufactured clothing rocks! For me, buying clothes from places with good labor standards is a natural extension of the "vegan ethic".

-Chris

Agreed.

I need to get some new VBBF black shirts anyway. The ones I have are in a size too big, they make me look goofy.

dude quit being an elitist. Robert does alot of good. He's human. none of us are perfect.

i think its great that there are new shirts, but i'm not gonna judge Robert for the ones that might not have been sweatshop free. It's not like he is running a huge corporation and refusing to accept any social responsibility. It's not like he did it out of any sort of malice or attempt at profit, robert gives more stuff away than anyone I know.

Also I dont think he was personally attacking you by pointing out that it's fairly impossible for any of us to have the perfect ethical wardrobe.

dude quit being an elitist. Robert does alot of good. He's human. none of us are perfect.

i think its great that there are new shirts, but i'm not gonna judge Robert for the ones that might not have been sweatshop free. It's not like he is running a huge corporation and refusing to accept any social responsibility. It's not like he did it out of any sort of malice or attempt at profit, robert gives more stuff away than anyone I know.

Also I dont think he was personally attacking you by pointing out that it's fairly impossible for any of us to have the perfect ethical wardrobe.

Re-read my post. You basically missed the entire point.

xveganjoshx,

No offense intended. I just figured you were giving me sh*t and I'm not taking sh*t from anyone anymore because I have been "mr. nice guy" for way too long, always trying to get everyone to like me.

Now I'm being myself, and I assumed you were judging me, which is a common characteristic of vegans and I wasn't having any of it.

You're right, I don't know "much" about your own clothing, aside from what I saw over 10 days during Vegan Vacation, but in today's society it is an accurate assessment that "most" people living in America have a wardrobe made up of over 50% clothing coming from 3rd world countries, so it was a safe bet on my part.

Anyway, no offense intended toward you or others, just putting the stats out there and trying to get people off my back, which I assumed you were doing. But I also thought you'd be joking since burning a shirt would be quite wasteful.

Anyway, no harm intended son. I still look forward to kicking you a$$ in the gym next week.

• 2 weeks later...

*jumps up and down*

YAY! My package of goodies arrived today. So sweet! My g/f nearly took my knit cap (apparently what's mine is hers and what's her's is her's ) Anyways, due to a passport renewal issue (have to run to Canada to renew it quickly), I won't be able to wear it yet at the gym but will be using it for my yoga while on the road and then in the gym when I'm back.

And thanks for the samples! That's soo cool.

You got it

I'll take some this week. I'm out of town all day today, but I'll get some of the shirts and headbands soon. Both are cool and I'm ordering more stuff today since without even posting pics I sold 20-something shirts immediately

So more are coming, perhaps new styles and colors. I'll make more orders today and I'll update the site as well as the main site to reflect the new items.

As always, thanks for the support!