Facebook?

joelbct

I have one too. I use it for the groups and had several inquiries and took 2 up on it for modeling contracts. Other than that, I have found them to be not very user friendly at all. They will block / cancel your account if you answer too many PM's (I get almost 100 daily) or request to many friends (I don't do friend requests, but have heard it's an issue).

I've gotten so I don't use their apps. I use it to keep fan/friend base updated and keep in touch with photographers, agencies and job opps.

I have one...not sure how to link it either and for some reason looking up a name doesn't always seem to work. As for violating privacy that was an issue early on from stupid mistakes. Now you can let as many or as little access to your info as you want. To me it seems a lot more private than myspace unless you block your info from everyone....plus way less spam...I've never gotten spam and on myspace I get about 15 people that want to do this or that to me every day.

Tuukka Simonen, Turku School of Economics here.

BTW, try Facebook's "Are you interested" application. After that you should start recieving notifications of people being interested in you. It's "spam" that doesn't bother.

There aren't that much real spammers in facebook.

I used to think facebook was pretty great. It was a clean, professional alternative to the nausea-inducing pages of myspace blasting terrible music at you. However with the advent of facebook's "applications" I feel more uneasy about it and find myself using it less and less. Oh well, if you want to add me do a search for Brian Van

I'm on facebook. I have a love hate relationship with it. I don't like most of the applications, and it irritates me that I have about 80 "invites" to them. I also don't like how it can be highschool-ish... "de-friending" people and stuff like that. I do like that it has been a great way to promote our local vegan potlucks. I've met quite a few local vegans through facebook who are now personal friends. My favorite part is being poked by daywalker every day.

I'm on facebook. I have a love hate relationship with it. I don't like most of the applications, and it irritates me that I have about 80 "invites" to them. I also don't like how it can be highschool-ish... "de-friending" people and stuff like that. I do like that it has been a great way to promote our local vegan potlucks. I've met quite a few local vegans through facebook who are now personal friends. My favorite part is being poked by daywalker every day.

I agree with Pamela. It's totally highschool ish.

Yes it's also annoying for requesting to add more s**t on your page.

But it's useful for meet ups, gatherings, group training etc...

I was one of your friends on myspace I think. I'm not "too" strange.

I'm still not on facebook. I fear it will eat up all my time, just as myspace did for 3 years........but 25% of the people on the forum came from myspace, so it helped with that.

I'm afraid to try "new" things sometime, but I think this week I'll get on facebook and join in.

Thanks for the friend adds. Gotta represent the vegan-ness on the inter-net.

I had previousely shyed away from Facebook, because the older sister of the harvard kid who started it was on my bus in high school, and she was a bit off-putting in subtle ways. So I think I had a subconscious distaste for Facebook.

But so far it seems less commercial than myspace, which is nice.