Tiger Attacks

dontxhide

Sucks that those people got killed, I guess. I mean, my family goes to the atlanta zoo once a year or so, I would sure be sad/angry if that happened to them. But I wouldn't want the tiger to be put down. I would probably want it to be sent to a sanctuary. Can't really blame the tiger for being a tiger.

Sucks that those people got killed, I guess. I mean, my family goes to the atlanta zoo once a year or so, I would sure be sad/angry if that happened to them. But I wouldn't want the tiger to be put down. I would probably want it to be sent to a sanctuary. Can't really blame the tiger for being a tiger.

I think thats what I was trying to say.

A tiger who escapes and kills someone is no more likely to do it again than any of the other tigers. I imagine all of them are likely to do that if they escape. So the killing of the animal seems completely pointless, it's not even a preventative measure, it's like a punishment for them, even though it only did what is to be expected of a tiger. If anyone is to be blamed, it is the designer of the enclosure that it escaped from!

Yup...no sense in zoos. Plain and simple this can happen at any time and really it should. Tigers are big and eat big animals...so really it should be expected to the point that people wouldn't want them around people.

Closing zoos will only make people MORE ignorant of animals. People need to be exposed to them, most live in the city or suburbs. If you want things to get better for animals, you have to eliminate the separation of humans and other animals. A zoo is one way that happens. Isolation from other animals will only create more ignorance, something I'm sure most vegans want to avoid.

What do you learn from a tiger you would never run into anyhow??? Its completely pointless. If anything its caused a negative infatuation with them. There are now more tigers in the US than there ever was in the wild...largely thanks to zoos showing how "easy" it is to have one. I've even seen tiger cubs for sale for less than $1000...thats complete BS. Complete ignorance of animals from places we naturally don't have access too is fine. We need to be aware of whats around us...not what should be on the other side of the planet.

You don't need zoos for people to get close to animals. Animal sanctuaries are good for everybody - the animals are there for a good reason and are looked after, and it's a nice day out to go visit, and good for kids to create bonds with animals if you've got kids

Personally...for wild animals, I think we should have sanctuaries but I don't think the general public should be allowed in. They need to be allowed in for donations sake but if that wasn't an issue I actually consider it a bad thing. Wild animals should be affraid of humans...thats what keeps them safe. If they aren't afraid of us then its defitely not a natural situation and sactuaries should be made as natural as possible. Most domesticated animals are different though since they have a certain amount of comfort with humans ingrained in them.

I have had many people go vegan/veggie because of the animals they made connections with on sanctuary farms. Seeing cows and pigs up close interacting with you is an amazing experience.

I dont think I ever heard of anyone going vegan/veggie visiting a zoo. If anything, they think that zoos suck and stay away. Which is a good thing. ~shrugs~

Like Fin said: zoo=prison

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/attacking-tiger-may-have-been-taunted/20071225220209990001

His son, Carlos Sousa Jr., 17, was one of three men attacked by a Siberian tiger around closing time on Christmas. Police shot the 300-pound animal to death after it killed Sousa and severely mauled two brothers who also were visiting the zoo.

"I don't think this deserves to happen to anybody - taunting or not taunting," Carlos Sousa told ABC. "Animals should be protected from the people and the people should be protected from the animals."

------

Interesting.... I wonder if they're vegan....

"I don't think this deserves to happen to anybody - taunting or not taunting," Carlos Sousa told ABC. "Animals should be protected from the people and the people should be protected from the animals."

------

Interesting.... I wonder if they're vegan....

In my view the person probably saying this means that the animal should be kept in a better constructed cage. If they wanted animals protected from humans, then why would they put animals in a zoo where human interaction is impossible to escape from?

I don't think this guy realizes that in the United States...we'd be protected from tigers if they were all in Asia where they belong. And the idea of putting them in a cage is by no means protecting them...other than maybe protecting them from nature.