Potter's New Ride

Guest veganpotter

Here is my new bike. I wasn't going to get it yet but my chain broke today and I found a problem with my cranks(hopefully I can get them warrantied since they aren't cheap) and my bike really shouldn't be ridden until I get them replaced. So I decided to buy a bike I've been eying for a while. Its last years Cannondale SystemSix. It could have ordered this years in the same model but it comes with lousy wheels($400 cheaper) compared to the ones on this bike, cheap handlebars, cheap stem, and softer bottom bracket. The only thing I need is a stem thats a bit shorter...and I'm buying some used super stiff cranks from a friend of mine...they only weigh about 650g with all the bits and pieces...while these weigh almost 850grams which is nearly a half pound difference. So once I have those two things swapped my bike will be just over 16lbs. Now I've just gotta make sure I don't crash...this is probably the stiffest bike on the planet or a very close second but the carbon tubing is very soft...I can actually squish the top tube which is pretty scary considering the price of this thing.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6150/bikeeb0.jpg

I actually don't like how it looks all that much but its one of the best bikes on the planet under $5000. The frame itself is actually carbon fiber up front and the rear half is all aluminum. They make one painted in clear which is pretty cool since you can see the bond joints but I like this paint job a bit more. As for the paint I'd love for it to have an awesome OrganicAthlete paint job but I'll hold off until I manage to race on the pro team hopefully in 2010.

As for the size its a 56cm so it wouldn't fit you Tashie Although I've seen you ride bikes the same size at the track...it looks like your driving a bus

Anyhow the weather looks clear for most of the day tomorrow so I'm excited to be able to get on the bike again. This will be my first time riding a pro level bike for more than a few miles. We'll see how different it feels. Its about 40-50% stiffer than the bike I have now but its also over 1lb lighter.

As for the size its a 56cm so it wouldn't fit you Tashie Although I've seen you ride bikes the same size at the track...it looks like your driving a bus

Aw I am 51 cm. Thanks for nothing

I bet I looked pretty hot driving a bus on the track

I say ebay it if you can't get a good deal. If you can do it without any problems do US ebay. Just look up fluid trainer...all those are pretty darn quiet(around $300 new). Other than a fluid trianer I'd look at a "Blackburn Trackstand Ultra Trainer"...you may find one with shipping under $250 if your lucky...and there's always used ones on there. Wind trainers don't give progressive resistance and some get easier as you go faster but these get harder just like riding on the road

Yeah it really is weird. I've been wanting to buy it since I worked here...then after a few weeks I did the squeeze thing and laid off for a while. Eventually I just gave in and realized its such a good deal that if I crash I'll just buy a Cannondale Caad 9 frameset and move all my parts over. Two years ago it was tested to be the second stiffest frame on the planet...and it costs about 1/5 as much as the stiffest frame on the planet. So if this bike doesn't last me long I'll just get that one.

As for breaking it in I've definitely been riding it. I did a 100mile ride today and I'm loving it. I've gotten 170+ miles on it in two days of outside riding weather.