Is there anyone here who ever did logging sports?

Guest veganpotter

I've never done logging sports but I have done a two highland games competitions. The logging sports seem kind of fun...especially the tree climb and ax throw but some of the cutting events just seem really wasteful...we waste enough wood as is...we don't need to do it for fun that lasts 30 seconds.

Trees are a renewable resource but the trees they use aren't exactly Christmas trees that take a few days to grow...and until we use less than we grow...calling something a renewable resource is useless. Hell animals are renewable resources too. Anyhow ost of them look like high quality hardwoods to me.

As for the event I have done the caber toss but I was quite bad at it. In the contest I did I never tried anything before hand and I nearly won every event(in the 18 and under event when I was 16) ...but I think I may have come in dead last for the caber toss. It was too weird and different from anything I've done before.

I think it looks pretty hypocritical to be an environmental logging sports athlete...even more than being an environmentally minded logger. They logger cuts down trees that will be used for wood that will be used for decades. The athlete cuts wood for 30minutes of fun then the rest goes to whatever they can use the scrap for. To me its almost like an environmentally minded race car driver that doesn't drive a car thats more fuel efficient than the other cars.

Maybe he does do those things but I can imagine as a whole the competitors don't give a crap and do more bad than good. I'm pretty sure most of those guys eat their share of meat and drive big trucks to get a pack of cigarettes.

When it comes to home building I'm not contractor but I've done my share compared to the general public. With a small group of people I helped build a 2000sq ft ceramics studio so I'm not completely clueless. As for blood and sweat its tough but lots of jobs are tough.

• 15 years later...

Whether you've mastered the art of axe throwing or excelled in crosscut sawing, the thrill of competing against the clock and nature's challenges is unparalleled. While the heart-pounding excitement of chopping and sawing might seem worlds away from the polished floors of Parquet London the dedication and precision required in both endeavors share a common thread of discipline and skill. So, if you've ever traded a chainsaw for a more refined setting like Parquet London, you know that true expertise extends beyond the forest and into the realm of finely crafted experiences.