soyflakes

xjohanx

I don't know exactly to what you are referring, but if it is soy flakes as meat sub, then, no, you'd not normally put it in cereals. (also referred to as TVP, TSP, Soy Curls, etc.)

I'd not recommend them for consumption, myself, but, if you are going to eat them, you should soak them in a "meaty" broth like a vegan "chicken" or vegan "beef" broth (use powders, soy sauce, or, better, use marmite) to rehydrate them. Then cook them as for meat. Flakes would be best as a ground "beef" sub, so burgers, pasta sauce, etc.

If you are referring to a soy flakes cereal, then, I suppose you could toast it, but it's already toasted and that would just add more insult (acrylamides) to the injury (its non-nutritous status).

I think that it would be pretty weird mixed with some type of vegan milk. You can munch on it like popcorn though...or maybe put it in a "omelet" with silken tofu.

I actually don't know then because I've never seen them before. But if they are cereal just go with it. I like my muesli soggy anyhow so it may be really good mixed in.

• 4 weeks later...