Put your cell phone away so I don't punch you

robert

Sorry,

The guy behind me at the internet cafe has been on his phone talking fairly loudly about annoying stuff for nearly 2 hours non-stop, no break.

I have a cell phone but try not to use it too much and I rarely do in public places. It drives me crazy to have to listen to others on their phones.

I want to crush him.

But I think I'll just leave.

I just moved. I was going to delete the post but maybe I'll leave it.

Cell phones are super helpful, I do use mine for all kinds of things, but they may be the most annoying things in the world.

I have major issues with things that "annoy" me. It is the main reason I'm single, the reason some friendships don't last, etc. I just have problems with a lot of behavior traits many people exhibit.

I'm no angel myself, I know I can drive people crazy. So it goes both ways.

On the other side of the internet cafe and can still hear him. Maybe I'm just getting tired of being so nice. I've been way too nice for too many years.

Welcome to Robert "New age A$$hole Cheeke"and I don't really care what people think.

You should have to sign a agreement when you get a cell phone to follow all rules of ettiquete when around people. And also sign another form stating you will not drive while talking on your cellphone.

I dont care who you are, talking on your cell phone = bad news. Dont do it! I give the bird to everyone who does that ~shrugs~

I have the unfortunate choice to have two cell phones: one for work and one for personal usage. Both are set to vibrate and if they ring, I run outside. I hate when people insist on talking right behind me while I have my noise-cancelling headset on and they talk so loud I can still hear them And since I hate it, I have no doubts others do to. Thus, I try to avoid -- where possible -- taking a call when around others or if I have to, find a quieter spot to talk with the person and do so for a minimum amount of time. Now, I do use text messaging but only when I'm not directly talking with someone else in person (or in a movie theater).

The thing that really gets to me is when people are talking/texting while driving. They're not only going to get themselves killed, but they're a danger to everyone else on the road. I wish Texas would outlaw cell phone usage while driving, I really don't want to get hit by some idiot who thinks it's perfectly okay to text and drive at the same time.

You'll go outside in the cold with your t-shirt on, when your phone rings.

But some people are just inconsiderate and don't realize they're being disrespectful to how others would feel.

It's just like if a child was throwing a fit in public. While the parents not doing anything about it.

Next time shove his cell phone up his A$$

Sorry

If you want to stop being nice, stop saying sorry.

I don't have internet at home anymore (but will soon) hence the incident at the cafe, so I didn't get a chance to write sooner and say, "sorry for my rant."

I was just really annoyed at the moment.

But I think it is an issue that drives other people crazy too and now I'm trying to confront all of these things that get at me. But I'm trying to do so in a positive way.

Nobody got punched, owned, or crushed by me that day.

If you want to stop being nice, stop saying sorry.

I know. I'm nice buy nature. It's just the way I am, but I've allowed myself to be manipulated and taken advantage of for many years and I'm not really allowing myself to be abused anymore.

So, sometimes I rant and apologize because it's my nature, but I'll work on being a better a$$hole.

Yeah, I get frustrated when someone spends more time writing text messages than talking to me, when they are meant to be hanging out with me. And on trains etc when people get a phone call, and they speak reeeeally loudly, for prolonged periods of time, it is unnecessary. I try to speak quietly if I ever do get called in public, or I go somewhere less crowded to talk. I also dislike people talking loudly even without their phone, just talk at the regulation volume and I won't have to knock your skull off.

Cell phones annoy the hell out of me. I could be one in a million for business owners who does not carry a phone at all times - I keep one on me only during times when someone may have a really good reason to call me (when I'm expecting a truly important call, which is about once per season ), when weather conditions are bad and I'm driving, or when I'm making a long-distance trip. Honestly, I'm "connected" enough and easy to contact while spending 6-14 hours/day at my computer - when I get out of the office, I don't have any urge to be easily accessible to anyone.

I cannot stand poor etiquette for people who think it's perfectly acceptable to talk loud in lines while waiting (I don't need to know the personal details of someone's night out or how little Johnny got in trouble at school that day), and even more annoying is when people think that it's fine to get your turn at the front of a line at a store/restaurant/etc. and still talk while someone is trying to help you. It's disrespectful above all else, and if I had to wait on someone who thought that it was okay to do, I'd just call the person behind them to come up and take their place. There's no need for that stuff, but in this day, too many people seem to think that they're the center of the universe and we're all just taking up their space.

VeganEssentials; I agree with you a 100%.

I resisted getting a mobile phone for years for all of the reasons you mentioned. They do have some practical value. I finally got one for reasons similar to yours for having one. My cell phone stays turned off in the glove compartment of my car until I need to make a call or be reached when I am away from my land line at home/work.

I enjoy my time alone when I am in some transitional situation like commuting. It gives me a chance to relax, to enjoy the scenery around me, to day dream and to think. Some of the most useful sessions of thinking I've had about my life have happened while I've been "mulling things over" while driving, taking a long walk home, or riding on a train.

I think many people feel awkward with their own company.

Having a cell phone that they can use to talk to someone in every spare moment prevents that from happening.

Loud cell phone talkers drive me nuts too. And loud I'm-so-important-my-voice-needs-to-fill-the-room talkers in public, in general. Richard, I love the way you put that - "regulation volume"

Also, cell phones ringing for forever in public places. Why not pick it up on the first ring, instead of staring at it, seemingly paralyzed, for a while first... meanwhile subjecting everyone around you to two solid minutes of the William Tell Overture?

Why not pick it up on the first ring, instead of staring at it, seemingly paralyzed, for a while first... meanwhile subjecting everyone around you to two solid minutes of the William Tell Overture?

Or Three Six Mafia. If I ever hear another ring tone at my work like that again I think Ill snap.

When people would come through my line at the co-op I would ask them to say hi to the person they were talking to for me. They can't escape me within the conversation because it is now a threeway. If they ignored me I would have a conversation with them without them talking and bring up weird things like pimples and anal leakage. It was awesome.