Thoughts on a 2008 fitness challenge

Reading the other posts about the fitness challange made me want to participate but i could see no current challange going on. I am extremely competitive and would love the chance to have that as the driving force for getting into better shape. I think i just need that extra ompf to get in better shape.

Anyone have anythoughts on a 2008 challenge?

I still owe a couple of prizes to the 2007 winners!

It is so hard to keep up sometimes.

I'd still be interested in sponsoring or supporting a 2008 challenge but I'll make sure the prizes are easy for me to be accountable for.

I can thrown down some prizes. I have some good videos and books I could donate.

Ofcourse, I'd probably just end up winning them back ...

So, they'll have to be for 2nd place and below.

Hah..Bring it on vegitches!

lelle did the last one and did a great job!

Whoever does this will have to keep a couple of things in mind.

You will have to organize all aspects of the challenge including;

-Picking the starting and ending dates

-Creating the guidelines (rules)

-Collecting and storing all before and after photos

-Editing the photos to show before and after side-by-side

-Collect goals and bios before and after the challenge

-Review previous challenges to get ideas

-Collect prizes as incentives/rewards

-Distribute prizes to winners

-Check in periodically to see how contestants/challengers are doing

Things like that.

Thanks!

Yeah, prizes don't even have to be part of it, but I like to provide things for people.

It costs me quite a bit of money, but I don't mind supporting this community.

In the past I created prize packages that were too hard for me to fulfill in a timely manner so in this case, it will mostly likely just be a variety of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness clothing, DVDs, and Vega, but those are still nice things.

I may be able to get other things donated as well.

Thanks!

Yeah, prizes don't even have to be part of it, but I like to provide things for people.

It costs me quite a bit of money, but I don't mind supporting this community.

In the past I created prize packages that were too hard for me to fulfill in a timely manner so in this case, it will mostly likely just be a variety of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness clothing, DVDs, and Vega, but those are still nice things.

I may be able to get other things donated as well.

Thanks!

I really appreciate you donating these things. I can care less for prizes for me its the chance to be competitive. I often do not have an outlet for those kindas of visceral needs.

Thanks again robert.

P.s. did you have a chance to go over that question i asked you by email. Vegan body building diet for the poor man.

I have about a 30 dollar a week food spending limit. Which is quite alot. But i want to eat right for this challange.

I know prizes aren't necessary, but I like to give them as a reward to your commitment to the transformation process. I've been through it and know that it takes a lot of dedication and hard work.

Sorry I'm behind on e-mails.

This link might help with eating on a budget, I wrote it a couple of years ago and it's along those same lines:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=article_weightlossandmoney

Pamela,

Hey, you look awesome! But, that would be so not fair! You are a weight loss pro!!

I hope to be an "after" photo.

What is your biggest vegan weight loss tip?

Thanks. Don't worry, I have no plans to gain it back.

Well, aside from exercising, I guess the most important thing is to make every calorie count. Like, I eat dessert frequently enough, but the rest of the calories I eat are very nutrient-dense. I don't waste calories on empty calories, things that are kind of snacky but not all that nutritious or fill a craving. I think it's stupid when people try to "diet" by depriving themselves of everything they love, but also focusing on just the lowest calorie amount possible so they end up eating crap like rice cakes and low fat dairy.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering what the status on this challenge is? My friends and I belong to our own BB just to keep in touch and shoot the shit from across the globe, and i have got them to agree to a three month challenge, should be fun. I took my before pictures tonight. I have to say i was quite depressed about it. I was recently sick and could only drink fluids for 3 days, i am quite skinny.

Should be interesting gaining muscle on this small frame.

Feel free to pm those who expressed interest in it. I love the idea but I will in no way organize or manage it. I've tried before and with all the other stuff I have going on, it was a nightmare....though it inspired many

So anyway, I'll support it, promote it and provide some basic prizes but cannot and will not organize it.

It looks like some people have offered to put it together so maybe send them a friendly pm expressing your interest in it and we'll get it going.

Thanks!