Vegan Vacation 2008 - Location Poll

Jessifly

Where?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I vote for Bend because you can see Mt. Hood from Portland....just kidding thats a stupid reason. There's a really great vegan cyclist in Bend I'd like to ride with in the morning but thats no biggie...we'll have other great cyclists in the house anyhow.

I voted for Hood River because it is only 1 hour from the Portland airport.

Bend would be my top choice but it will be super popular and expensive during the summer.

Bend would be super awesome but being 3+ hours drive from the Portland airport makes it tough to get everyone there, unless we have a very organized systematic plan of action.

So Bend or Hood River. We should be close to a town that has some produce and food, as well as a gym, as more and more of us are into training and want to be able to keep up with it during the vacation.

The beach would be nice, but since we've done it already, let's explore other options.

I'll look into gyms in Hood River. I'm sure they have some. Maybe we could get two cabins out there.

Jessifly, since it's only an hour away, let's drive over there, scope it out, go to the visitor centers and see what we can find out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm holding off on voting for right now as i want to see more of what others think and because I'm not sure how involved we'll be with VV'08. The main things to me are a) to have everyone be able to be together as much as possible & b) to keep costs down so that as many people as possible can join us.

One suggestion may to be pm a standard pre-written note to each person who is interested. I had to send a lot of pm's to people to get their opinion on things for previoius Vegan Vacations.

Some people just may not have an opinion, they just want to participate wherever it is, and that is fine too, but maybe go through and check a variety of threads in this section and see who's interested and copy and paste a standard message to each of them. The message could also have a reminder about fundraising, the dates of the event, etc.

Best of luck!

I don't care where the location is going to be. I'm just excited about coming to a vegan vacation! And of course there are tons of people from the Portland area that know where all the best places are, and I'll just follow.

I'm pretty much on that same boat...but I refuse to wear a life-jacket.

I was worried that Mt. Hood got the most votes because there isn't a gym nearby, but I figured, there may only be a handful of dedicated lifters and we could make a 30-60 minute drive to a gym each day if need be so I don't think it is that big of a deal afterall.

Maybe we can go explore around Hood River and Mt. Hood one of these days when it is a bit warmer.

I was worried that Mt. Hood got the most votes because there isn't a gym nearby, but I figured, there may only be a handful of dedicated lifters and we could make a 30-60 minute drive to a gym each day if need be so I don't think it is that big of a deal afterall.

Maybe we can go explore around Hood River and Mt. Hood one of these days when it is a bit warmer.

We'll just lift logs...

Yeah, especially since Daywalker is determined to cut down our forests and lift the remains above his head like a neanderthal.

Thats very true...when he stayed with me in Richmond I couldn't get him to stop trying to burn or cut down every tree in sight. I've also never seen someone litter so much that he actually goes out and buys more stuff just so he can have more stuff to throw on the street or in the river.