People watching at the gym

Tasha

Maybe he wasn't motivating himself...he may just be thanking his biceps for all they provide to him.

I havent been at the gym in FOREVER. The last time I worked out in public I was at a high school football field do some HIIT. Everyone was looking at me like I was nuts because I was throwing a big medicine ball around, and carrying 50 pound sandbags. The track coach actually asked me what I was doing

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you watch peple around you at the gym? Share your stories

The reason I put this in the health and nutrition thread is because I was watching this lady who was so skinny it look as though her bones were going to brake in half. It didn't look healthy. She had no butt no chest. Her legs and arms were limb she had a sunken face I'm not in any way trying to make fun of her body image. But she didn't look well.

Would anyone tell me why people go through disorders to the point were they know they're killing themselves in order to stay thin?

During college I would often see a woman who was pretty hot come to the gym, build to phenomenal amounts of time on the cardio equipment, probably go on some spartan diet, whittle herself down to a stick and see her self esteem go up during the process.

Saw this a few times.

American men do seem to like less heavier women, but I don't think you can blame it on them. I've heard many guys who are not PC at all say they think runway models and even some fashion models look sickly rather than sexy.

Yeah Zack, I hear you. That's different though.

The other day I was doing shoulders and this guy was doing roman chairws on a decline bebch and having a leisurely conversation with his buddy doing Lat Pull Downs. I felt like telling him to shut up.

Zack's comment made me realize that the funniest time in a gym that I remember is when this "hottie" would be pumping out her reps while making. . um. . .noises. . . . . .certain types of noises. . . and um . . the guys found it very hard to concentrate on their workouts. I think I smirked and giggled during her workout so much! It was cool to see the guys all not knowing what to do about it. She had head phones on so I don't think she realized just how. . um. . loud she was. . . especially on her last rep to get it up (a pun intended here).

Zack's comment made me realize that the funniest time in a gym that I remember is when this "hottie" would be pumping out her reps while making. . um. . .noises. . . . . .certain types of noises. . . and um . . the guys found it very hard to concentrate on their workouts. I think I smirked and giggled during her workout so much! It was cool to see the guys all not knowing what to do about it. She had head phones on so I don't think she realized just how. . um. . loud she was. . . especially on her last rep to get it up (a pun intended here).

More men should go to yoga

That girl might be anorexic or have an eating disorder, or she might not. I've been quite thin due to other health problems, and I KNOW that people judged me to be anorexic, when I wasn't. I didn't like how I looked but I couldn't help it either.

So you never know why someone might look ing; don't be 100% sure it's anorexia.

There is a guy that either wants to be a boxer or is a boxer. He has boxing boots on and wraps his hands. In between his weight lifting sets he air boxes and dances around the machines. He also makes a lot of very loud breathing noises when he does this. I love when he is there because it makes my 30 minute cardio seem like 5 minutes.

It's pretty entertaining.

That girl might be anorexic or have an eating disorder, or she might not. I've been quite thin due to other health problems, and I KNOW that people judged me to be anorexic, when I wasn't. I didn't like how I looked but I couldn't help it either.

So you never know why someone might look ing; don't be 100% sure it's anorexia.

I know what you mean. But when someone who looks unhealthy just by reading their body language or their facial expression. It was quiet obvious You're right, it's easy to get caught judging someone on their appearance.

I used get a lot of people telling me I'm way too skinny. And that I should eat more this and that. I also had people from work calling me names and they used to shove food in my face. blah blah I heard it all.

They can tease and judge me all they want.

I've proved to them that this skinny vegan can kick ass !!

I know what you mean. But when someone who looks unhealthy just by reading their body language or their facial expression. It was quiet obvious You're right, it's easy to get caught judging someone on their appearance.

I used get a lot of people telling me I'm way too skinny. And that I should eat more this and that. I also had people from work calling me names and they used to shove food in my face. blah blah I heard it all.

They can tease and judge me all they want.

I've proved to them that this skinny vegan can kick ass !!

Yeah, screw those a-holes!

The thing that makes my jaw hit the floor is guys who pop their pimples or blackheads in the weight room.

The other funny thing I see is this guy at my gym who will approach the mirror and start "checking himself out"... Then he adjusts his clothing this way and that... For a long ass time!!! He gets totally lost in it.

This dude always manages to get in my way when I'm trying to put DBs back in the rack or whatever. It's just funny to me how he can be so lost in the mirror that he doesn't see me standing there with a pair of 100lb dumbells waiting to put them back in the rack that he's blocking... LOL

On a lighter note, there's this guy at my gym who checks himself out in the mirror throughout his entire workout. Seriously, he doesn't take his eyes off himself, he just alternates between flexing and running his fingers through his hair. Its really funny and annoying at the same time. LOL

Hahahah! That's fantastic! There was this one guy who went to the gym that I used to be a member of that myself and my housemate (who also worked out there) used to call "Twiggy the Muscle God". He was about 7 feet tall, as thin as a pencil, and totally into himself.

He'd show up at the gym, disappear into the locker room, change his clothes, and then re-appear outside of the locker room with his chest all puffed out. He'd check himself out in the mirror CONSTANTLY. He seriously weighed like 2 pounds, and was always puffing his chest out and checking admiring his "gains". It was hilarious to watch.

There was this other really creepy guy who went to the same gym who we called "Sunglasses Man" because he used to wear sunglasses to the gym in order to not be seen checking out all the guys who were working out near him. He was seriously like serial-killer creepy. He probably had dead babies stacked in his basement.

Ew.

I enjoy (and hate) watching people I refer to as "squat weenies." You know the type... they hog the squat rack, load up the bar with a single big plate on each side, use the padded cover for the bar, and squat down about 3" for 12 reps or so. At least go play quarter squats on the smith machine and let me use the rack!

Perhaps even better are the people who'll load 270 lbs onto the bar and proceed to deadlift with the biggest damn arch in their back, screaming or huffing the whole way. I don't know how they manage that without their discs launching out their backs. As someone with lower back problems (from before I ever started lifting) I say it just isn't fair.

Perhaps even better are the people who'll load 270 lbs onto the bar and proceed to deadlift with the biggest damn arch in their back, screaming or huffing the whole way. I don't know how they manage that without their discs launching out their backs. As someone with lower back problems (from before I ever started lifting) I say it just isn't fair.

hahha...I actually used to be one of those guys.

I still have to use the padded bar for squats because I don't have enough mass in my back to support the bar without it being very painful to my spine.

They are deep squats though.