Fitness Noob

rebeccab

Hi, I'm Rebecca. I've been vegan for several years. I'm totally out of shape. I started doing 30-40 minutes of cardio at least 5 times a week in November. This month I started lifting weights and cutting back the cardio.

I've been keeping detailed records of my workouts, measurements, and weekly progress photos. I also use fitday.com to keep track of my food intake. I eat a hearty, whole food rich, vegan diet that has about a 1:2:3 protein, fat, carb calorie ratio.

So far I have seen absolutely no change in my shape whatsoever.

My current stats are:

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 143 lbs

Abdomen (belly): 32.5"

Butt: 39"

Bicep: 10.5"

Thigh: 21.75"

Est. Body Fat (from iliac skinfold 18mm): 27.6%

My goal is to loose a few points of bodyfat and see some muscle definition by June. I feel like I'm doing all the right things. Hopefully switching to more of a strength training regiment will help.

It's nice to meet all of you. I'm really glad this site exists!!!

Hi Rebecca, welcome to the forums . Sounds like you're eating really healthy and training hard. If you're not seeing the results you want I would really recommend you talk to veggieprincess (Melissa Brey). She offers a very affordable online training and nutrition program. I've had a couple of trainers before and even though her program is done completely online she is by far the best trainer I've had. Anyway, good luck with all your fitness pursuits, and I'm happy you've joined the board !

Hi Rebecca, welcome to the forums . Sounds like you're eating really healthy and training hard. If you're not seeing the results you want I would really recommend you talk to veggieprincess (Melissa Brey). She offers a very affordable online training and nutrition program. I've had a couple of trainers before and even though her program is done completely online she is by far the best trainer I've had. Anyway, good luck with all your fitness pursuits, and I'm happy you've joined the board !

aaawww, thanks Laura! very sweet of you

Welcome to the board Rebecca!