We're back, it seems!

Richard

Yes... The previous hosting company suddenly announced to Robert that they were not going to host us anymore. I can't remember the exact reason, I think it was to do with too much traffic coming to VBB.com, and it was slowing down their server (and other sites they host). So we had about a week to move stuff - and in the meantime they just blocked the site completely, which I thought was a bit rude, as that means that nobody on the forum would know what was happening, it was just an error message. But now hopefully we've done it correctly, and it should be working. It actually seems like the error message, and problems with e-mail might be gone...

Thanks Richard!

I'll write an explanation later. I'm off to multiple meetings now....

Basically we had to immediately move to a NEW website hosting company without any proper notice (for a variety of reasons) and we were down for a few days trying to get everything moved over to a new web hosting company that fit our needs, wants and website requirements.

I'm very sorry we were down for a few days but we seem to have resolved the issues.

Thanks to Richard and the other admins who helped pull it together.

We're back in Action Making it Happen!

Welcome back!

Yes... The previous hosting company suddenly announced to Robert that they were not going to host us anymore. I can't remember the exact reason, I think it was to do with too much traffic coming to VBB.com, and it was slowing down their server (and other sites they host). So we had about a week to move stuff - and in the meantime they just blocked the site completely, which I thought was a bit rude, as that means that nobody on the forum would know what was happening, it was just an error message. But now hopefully we've done it correctly, and it should be working. It actually seems like the error message, and problems with e-mail might be gone...

Wow. That is rude. Especially if you've been paying for service from them. They could have told you and then given you a time period by which to either upgrade or get a new provider. It sounds like, in the end, it's better that the move occurred. Hopefully, this will help somewhat in regards to the spammers and the like (which, I'm sure, didn't nothing to help on the traffic volume).

I'm glad to have you all back and I'm very sorry we got shut down. It's somewhat complicated and had to do with some miscommunication between me and my website hosting company that resulted in us being shut down.

That is why there wasn't an announcement of any kind before hand. It just got shut down and I had to figure out why. Apparently we were taking up too much CPU power and we slowed down the entire server. They no longer wanted to work with us.

But........on the bright side, as many of you recall we had the website shut down about 5 times over the past few months and in 100% of the cases it was because of web hosting issues. So it was a blessing in disguise and now we're with a web hosting company that one of my web guys spent 10-15 hours researching and found. So this web host should be reliable.

All I can say is THANK YOU for hanging with us through all our problems.

I appreciate it and I'm happy to see you back.