Hey there from Pittsburgh!!!

tatman6006

On with the formalities I suppose! My name is Steve. I'm from Pittsburgh, PA. I'm a 29 year old musician, artist, and recent inductee back into the world of physical training and getting in shape.

I've been a member of 3 separate gyms now, owned a bowflex once upon a time, and finally decided to take it seriously this time. My goal is to surpass where I was over two years ago, both physically, and mentally.

Since then, I had let myself go, stopped working out, started doing things that wrecked my body (like smoking, for one), and popping pills... I finally hit my brick wall this last year when the lifestyle I'd been leading had almost killed me (literally). Addicted, out of shape, and a total wreck of a person, I pulled myself together, got myself clean, quit smoking, and got my tubby arse back on the elliptical machine.

I'm now on my way... and it feels great to be back. I'm not far into it yet, but it feels great to be doing something again!

I'm also a musician... I do electro-glam / electro-disco type stuff which can be heard at http://www.myspace.com/luxemusic. That's a huge part of my life as well. My music is my outlet and my only true friend who's stuck with me through everything.

I was actually invited here by Robert via Facebook. I figured I'd take him up on the offer and join (after all the forum funkiness was over). I hope that while I'm here, I'll be able to learn a lot about fitness, and training, and pushing myself to the limit, oh yeah, and to get sorta huge. That'd be nice, too!

I hope to make a bunch of new friends in the process as well!

Take care, for now!

Welcome Steve! Great to have you here. I hope that four forum funkiness is over. We moved to a new web hosting company so I think we're cool now.

Thanks for great intro. It is awesome to have you here. As more and more people come back, you'll get to meet quite a few. We even have pretty good representation from your city as well.

So you'll have the opportunity to meet a bunch of cool people

All the best and welcome aboard!

Robert

On with the formalities I suppose! My name is Steve. I'm from Pittsburgh, PA. I'm a 29 year old musician, artist, and recent inductee back into the world of physical training and getting in shape.

I've been a member of 3 separate gyms now, owned a bowflex once upon a time, and finally decided to take it seriously this time. My goal is to surpass where I was over two years ago, both physically, and mentally.

Since then, I had let myself go, stopped working out, started doing things that wrecked my body (like smoking, for one), and popping pills... I finally hit my brick wall this last year when the lifestyle I'd been leading had almost killed me (literally). Addicted, out of shape, and a total wreck of a person, I pulled myself together, got myself clean, quit smoking, and got my tubby arse back on the elliptical machine.

I'm now on my way... and it feels great to be back. I'm not far into it yet, but it feels great to be doing something again!

I'm also a musician... I do electro-glam / electro-disco type stuff which can be heard at http://www.myspace.com/luxemusic. That's a huge part of my life as well. My music is my outlet and my only true friend who's stuck with me through everything.

I was actually invited here by Robert via Facebook. I figured I'd take him up on the offer and join (after all the forum funkiness was over). I hope that while I'm here, I'll be able to learn a lot about fitness, and training, and pushing myself to the limit, oh yeah, and to get sorta huge. That'd be nice, too!

I hope to make a bunch of new friends in the process as well!

Take care, for now!

Welcome to the boards! If you search for my intro, you'll see that I've come from a similar place. My vices led me to become very skinny, and I've been trying, with some good results, on rectifying that. So if you stick with it you should find yourself well on your way to fitness.

So Welcome and best of luck!

Welcome to the boards! If you search for my intro, you'll see that I've come from a similar place. My vices led me to become very skinny, and I've been trying, with some good results, on rectifying that. So if you stick with it you should find yourself well on your way to fitness.

So Welcome and best of luck!

Well hey, Josh! Yeah, It does sound like we've come from similar places after having read your intro. I'll be looking forward to chatting with you and everyone else here! Rock on!

I can't say that I'm straight-edge yet, I still enjoy a good buzz from time to time, but it's something that I definitely limit, and frankly, I enjoy the buzz that I get from going to the gym and running or working out more and more each time I go. I've learned to replace other things that are bad for me with a healthy high now. It feels great! It's a fantastic high to be able to look in the mirror and being able to say, "not bad!!!!".

Thanks for the kind words, and thank you everyone else for the warm welcome!