REAL FOOTBALL

runner

I love watching soccer clips. You get to see so many "tricks" of the trade while watching them, but at a game you only get to see maybe a handful, and the time between them is long! I love a team that is just so aggressive and just goes all out with no thinking of being "safe".

• 2 weeks later...
great video, thanks for sharing!

how about this one?

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=dEYMmiAF2IE

the most important goal for my favourite soccer club in recent years

That was a beautiful shot.

Germany has been my World Cup team since the first time I played football when I was 7. I just started getting into all the club leagues and the like, but dont keep much up with everything due to a busy schedule and not having cable to watch games.

I do enjoy Barca and Man U.

germany? really? mh, I'm not really interested in international soccer matches. I just pursue the "bundesliga" which is the german national soccer league. the league matches in spain and england are way more attractive than bundesliga games, so it's definitely a good idea to watch them from time to time

germany? really? mh, I'm not really interested in international soccer matches. I just pursue the "bundesliga" which is the german national soccer league. the league matches in spain and england are way more attractive than bundesliga games, so it's definitely a good idea to watch them from time to time

I used to follow the bundesliga closely but now all we get is English Premier League coverage (and a little MLS)

I still have my Bayern Munich warmup jacket.

mh, I don't think so. it's more the way soccer is played in general. a few weeks ago I saw some premier league roundups and it was quite a difference when it comes to speed, agility and overall quality of the matches. most bundesliga matches aren't fun to watch. the financial capabilities of the english clubs are in no way comparable to the ones of the german clubs, though...

know what you mean re: the finances.

it must be frustrating to see the top players leave though. I was disappointed to see Ballack leave, only to sit the bench at Chelsea.

The English game does seem to be tough to adapt to. Schevchenko is another example. He doesn't produce even close to his international numbers.

What are Nurenberg's chances of avoiding relegation? Looks like a tight battle in the standings.

on the one hand top players leave but on the other hand very good players come to germany. for example franck riberý or luca toni. okay, they will make the hated munichs only win more championships but they are one of the few clubs who can afford to buy and pay international top players

I haven't heard of Schevchenko for a long time now, he isn't that young anymore, is he?

mh, it's gonna be a hard fight I think. compared to the other teams at the end of the table we have a very good team but bad luck with missing clear chances to score, injuries etc...

I would say chances are 50:50... dismissing hans meyer could have been the wrong decision

ribery is a very nice player.

Always exciting to watch.

Schevchenko is 31 years old

check out his club stats:

1994–1999 Dynamo Kyiv (117 appearances 60 goals)

1999–2006 A.C. Milan (208 appearances 127 goals)

2006– Chelsea (48 appearances 8 goals)

not at all the same production!

ah, not as old as I thought he was.

maybe he should leave chelsea, he surely can play 2-3 more good seasons before he retires

today 1.fc nuremberg is facing benfica lissabon (uefa cup)

I hope benfica won't win with more than 10 goals difference

LOL

I think you'll be safe with that one!

I've been primarily following Manchester United for the past few years.

I always seem to follow teams based upon my favourite players.

Beckenbauer = Bayern Munich

George Best, Beckham, Ronaldo = Man Utd

the worst thing ever was Ballack going to Chelsea!!! I really like Ballack but ... CHELSEA?????????

(actually, they are a LITTLE more bearable now that Maurinho is gone)

Phenomenal!!

It's like he has glue on his boots the way he could control the ball.

I'd love to see how he'd fare today. I'm thinking pretty well.

btw.... comparing bayern munich to chelsea might make be re-evaluate my allegiances