The Dark Knight - new Batman movie

ronnie kray

here is the trailer:

http://www.atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm

Director:Christopher Nolan

Starring: Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Aaron Eckhart, and Maggie Gyllenhaal

picks up where Batman Begins (which i thought was great) left off. this is the one with the Joker! in this movie, the Joker looks much more psycho than in the Tim Burton one.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/joker-2.jpg

now that's the face of a killer!

http://www.movieposteraddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/mpathedarkknightjokerposter.jpg

http://m1.cdn.spikedhumor.com/1/137410_poster7bp3_1_vw.jpg

Edited by ronnie kray

I was due to start shooting with him next Monday on a Terry Gilliam movie called 'The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus'. It stars (starred) Christopher Plummer, Heath, Vern Troyer and Tom Waits. We had just started prepping the movie today and got the news this afternoon. The movie's probably cancelled now - I don't quite have the official word, but Heath was one of the stars. I don't see how they can shoot it now. It won't affect Dark Knight negatively at all. In fact, it'll just make it more popular. It's a real shame. I've got mixed feelings about the whole thing because I feel bad for him and his family, I feel bad for Terry Gilliam whose movie probably won't get finished now, and I'm out of a job in a movie biz where jobs are pretty scarce right now. It was a nice break for me too. What can you do?

wow, strange that this happens the same day i posted this. this came completely out of nowhere. i was, and still am, looking forward to this movie. everything about the movie, especially Heath as the Joker, looks awesome. it's going to be weird watching it though, knowing it was his last movie. he was an actor i really respected. i read so many interviews talking about how he was offered so many of those teeny bopper pretty face roles, but turned them down so he could be taken seriously as an actor. this is just so sad.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6086/heath01po5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

the buzz for this movie is incredible. our closest movie theatre was having midnite showings for it on thursday nite/friday morning.... ON SEVEN SCREENS! seven showings starting between 12:01am to 12:45am. all of those sold out, so they added 5 more after 3am. there were people watching this until 6 in the morning! i've never seen anything like it.

this movie is an epic. i want to talk about it, but i don't want to give anything away just yet.

did anyone see it last nite?

i have to agree, this joker is so creepy and psycho, dark and demented. from the first scene you'll see what this joker is about. and wait til you see the disappearing pencil trick.

this film is breaking records already!

"A tracking firm says "The Dark Knight" has set a box office record for a midnight debut.

Media By Numbers says the new Batman movie from Warner Bros. brought in $18.5 million Friday from its midnight screening in 3,040 theaters.

"The Dark Knight" figure did not include any of its 3 a.m. or 6 a.m. showings."

as we were walking out of the midnite showing, there was still a huge line waiting to get into the 3am showings, so these numbers should be huge!

Yeah it was still sold out when I went last night. We had to get our tickets 2 days ahead of time. I really want to see it @ the Imax in Chicago because I figure there will be less stupid high school kids there. This is probably the first movie that I've ever wanted to see twice in theaters.

I saw that movie last night and thought it was fantastic. I won't give away any of the plot, but it had tons of great twists and turns.

Was Heath Ledger as the Joker better then Jack Nicholson as the Joker?

Jack Nicholson is not even in the same ballpark as Heath Ledger. He was just amazing as the Joker. Right from the start, the character is so intense and psychotic, you just feel like you never know what he's going to do.

Minor spoiler! (cover text to see):

The only thing that would have made me like it more would have been if we saw the Joker introduced to his psychiatrist at Arkham. I <3 Harley Quinn.

I saw it tonight with 9 other forum members and it was awesome! I don't know anything about Batman, never saw a Batman movie or watched a cartoon or read a comic about him, but I still really enjoyed the movie.

It was quite clever! And had probably more gun shots than any movie I've seen lately.

here is a great list of some possibilities.

Of those mentioned I would like to see any of these three (not in any order of preference, though) -- Mr. Whisper (Who for this role? Anthony Hopkins?); 5-Zsasz (never heard of him, but very creepy!); and Black Mask (Who?)

Also would like to see a kickass woman villain created...or is there another one I don't know aside from Cat Woman?