Any Khrisnamurti fans?

BodhiDave85

I love this guy, I've read a majority of his books. Anytime I feel down or frusterated I just start flipping through his works and its like he can solve any problem.

This quote really summarizes where he stands...

"Do think about this. When you are disciplined through fear, crushed by compulsion of society, dominated by what your parents or teachers say, there is for you no freedom, no joy, and all initiative is gone. The older the culture, the greater is the weight of tradition which disciplines you, tells you what you must and must not do; and so you are weighed down, psychologically flattened out as if a steam roller had gone over you. Do you understand? You don't revolt, explode, break away. Your parents don't want you to revolt, your teachers don't want you to break away, therefore your education is aimed at making you conform to the established pattern. Then you are not a complete human being, because fear gnaws at your heart; and as long as there is fear there is no joy, no creativity."

Greetings and Deepest Bows to you Bodhidave85!

I recently befriended Krishnamurti on MySpace! Yes! There is a page full of information and quotes from this great master. I wonder if you know of it? The address is www.myspace.com/jiddu_krishnamurti

Good to have you here on the forum!

Jonzen

Oooo thanks alot! I really like that page. I'm very familiar with his work, I own like 8 of his books, and I used to watch his live recordings (although very hard to follow at times) When I was in San Francisco area, I went to quite a few classes about him, held by KFA. He blows my mind every time his words encompass my brain. Thanks again