Hello from Texas

gogh_me

Hi, I'm new to the forum but not new to weightlifting or veganism. I don't know a single vegan in real life so I joined here for the support and exchange of training experiences. As far as training goes, I like strength training more than bodybuilding (plyo, oly, grease the grove...) but I am currently trying out a bodybuilding scheme. I subscribe to Oxygen and have NEVER used any of their workouts, so I thought I'd give this three month one they have a try. Its really hasn't been getting off the ground though, vacations, illness and overtime at work keep restarting the program. I guess this is one of the reasons I prefer strength training, its so easy to work into a busy schedule, especially the grease the groove method.

As far as nutrition goes, well I eat whatever I want and my body exemplifies this My website links you to my food blog, if you check it out you'll see I have a love of chocolate.

I am in the process of cutting soy out of my diet completely because I have the suspicion that it is the cause of my breakouts (I swear, its not the chocolate! I've ruled that out already ) I'm also trying to eat more raw vegetables. You see I have a passion for cooking that uncooking doesn't satisfy. I'm about 50/50 when it comes to raw vs cooked, and I'd like to get that to 70/30.

Supplements. I keep the sport supplementation simple because vegan supplementation has me on so many things. I take GNC's Liquid Ultra Mega multivitamin/mineral. It doesn't have iron so I take Flora's Floradix Floravital Iron & Herb Yeast Free for that. I take an extra zinc (30 mg), a sublingual B-12 1000 mcg, and Health from the Sun's vegetarian DHA.

I take 5g of True Protein's BCAAs before and after a workout, and occasionally throughout the day if I want some extra protein. In the morning I have a smoothie with some protein. Right now its Jarrow's 80% conc. Brown Rice Protein, but I'm not commited and switch around whenever I run out. I also have a protein shake to sip on during a workout and eat whole foods afterwards.

Thats about all I can think of to share. I look forward to being part of this community!

Welcome to our community! We have a bunch of members in Texas so you may be able to meet some people in person. I realize its a big state, but there may be people in your area. Check out the regional meet-ups section to see if there is anything going on in your area.

Glad to see you're into strength training and bodybuilding. I hope you enjoy our forum. All the best and welcome aboard!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...