I could do this all day... But I'm glad it's over!!!

LongTimeVegan

Those are only half lunges...he should be able to do much more than that. I used to be able to do a few reps of lunges with 185 but couldn't even do a partial squat with 800...I could only get it off the rack and hold it for a few seconds.

Those are only half lunges...he should be able to do much more than that. I used to be able to do a few reps of lunges with 185 but couldn't even do a partial squat with 800...I could only get it off the rack and hold it for a few seconds.

Fo' shizzle. This duder gots bulges poppin' all over, I bet if he'd go any deeper something would break...

Those are only half lunges...he should be able to do much more than that. I used to be able to do a few reps of lunges with 185 but couldn't even do a partial squat with 800...

That's actually one of the reasons I like watching it.

It's just fun to watch somebody so huge working with a weight that's not much more than what I work with. Especially when I've got better form.

I can knock out 10 reps per leg with 135lbs, or 6 reps per leg with 155lbs. I go down until my back knee is 2" from the ground on each rep.

I would think 185lbs would be "light-weight" for you, potter! Didn't you used to squat really heavy?

-Chris

That's actually one of the reasons I like watching it.

It's just fun to watch somebody so huge working with a weight that's not much more than what I work with. Especially when I've got better form.

I can knock out 10 reps per leg with 135lbs, or 6 reps per leg with 155lbs. I go down until my back knee is 2" from the ground on each rep.

I would think 185lbs would be "light-weight" for you, potter! Didn't you used to squat really heavy?

-Chris

Decades ago I could squat 600lbs...I'd also do sets of lunges with 100lbs dumbbells across a basketball court with my knee touching the ground. For me lunges were all about high reps and squats and dead lifts were always about low reps.

I used to be able to do a few reps of lunges with 185
I'd also do sets of lunges with 100lbs dumbbells across a basketball court with my knee touching the ground. For me lunges were all about high reps.

I'm totally the opposite... When I do BB Lunges I can lift more weight, as opposed to DB Lunges.

Is there a reason you let your knees touch the ground? Most of the instructional material I've reviewed recommends "not taking tension off" a muscle when you're doing reps.

-Chris