Transitioning- Want to be safe

LoganKost

Yes, I looked at my kneecap and realized it was on the side of my leg, like it slid down. And I sat there wondering how the hell I deal with something like that. So I tried to straighten out my leg and my kneecap slid back into its original position. It hurt but I was in shock so it wasn't too bad. Recently it's swollen up pretty good, but I'm going to ice it more tomorrow morning.

Its no rush so long as you e't aggrevate it. It seems that it made its way back into position so waiting won't hurt too much. Sometimes things move back but not in the right place and in case its much more urgent to get these things looked at immediately.

I went to the doctor today, and it's fine . I just need to take it easy for a couple weeks and do some simple therapy on it.

This is my ninth day being all raw and I feel awesome! I am having more cravings lately than I have throughout the whole experience. I think I need some more variety in my meals.

Just a quick update...today is day 14! It's going well, but I've decided to add more calories to my diet. I want to gain some weight. So far I've only lost about 3 pounds.

I'm beginning to work out more, I'm wondering how long it will take to see some noticable results? I'm pretty skinny so I think any improvement will be obvious.

• 2 months later...
When you take in a food rich in DHA (Omega 3's) your body converts it to EPA unless you are a rare person who doesn't convert well.

i was really wondering about this, but i would like to rest certain. Is it: ALA getting converted to DHA, then the DHA converted into EPA? Or does ALA get converted directly to both DHA and EPA? Thank you!

When you take in a food rich in DHA (Omega 3's) your body converts it to EPA unless you are a rare person who doesn't convert well.

i was really wondering about this, but i would like to rest certain. Is it: ALA getting converted to DHA, then the DHA converted into EPA? Or does ALA get converted directly to both DHA and EPA? Thank you!

The pathway is ALA to EPA to DHA. Some DHA (approximately 10% is one number I've read) can be converted to EPA, although I'm not certain of the conditions under which this occurs.

Studies indicate that an omega 6 to omega 3 ratio of 4:1 or less is optimal for conversion of ALA to EPA to DHA. Supplementation with a direct source of DHA and/or EPA is shown to increase circulating levels of those fatty acids. Some of us take the vegan EPA/DHA supplement from www.water4.net. Others take one of the numerous vegan DHA supplements available from online vegan shops. Another option is Spectrum flax oil with added DHA.

I hope that helped!

I want to transition to raw too!

I don't know if I'll be able to find any fancy stuff like live spirulina and whatnot in this town but I'll keep an eye out.

I usually fall off the raw wagon on the weekends because my family likes to eat dinner with me and it involves cooking. During the week, at work, I usually eat the same stuff everyday. Breakfast is the only cooked thing. What's a good raw breakfast I could eat?

My day usually goes like this:

Oatmeal with raw seeds, nuts, and bananas

Snacks for work: Raw organic carrots, almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, an apple, and a banana

Lunch: A salad with raw seeds on top. Salad is usually organic baby greens, and cucumber with papaya dressing.

When I get home from work I usually have some vega or a green smoothie including kale, cucumber, avacado, mixed berries, raw hemp powder, and some juice or rice milk all blended together.

I take a vegetarian vitamin that includes B12, and I also take acidophilus for my gut.

The body is still digesting and cleaning up in the house in the morning. Fruit is the easiest to digest and will give you a lot of energy. So fruit for breakfast.

I alternate, green smoothies in the morning then for snack fruit around 11AM.

My green smoothie any greens like romaine spinach and kale 2 handfuls and then a banana or 2 and some blueberries. I have other fruit as well, mixing up so I never get bored of the same smoothie.

I have a blendtec and its great, easy to use and the cleanup is a snap.

If you need help transitioning a good book is The Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalia Rose. She has 5 different transition levels. when you feel comfortable at a given level say 5 then its time to move on to level 4 and so on.