Best tasting protein powder?

I recently went vegan, and I'm having trouble meeting my daily protein requirements. I used to supplement with whey protein powder which was easy and it tasted great. However, I just bought some NutriBiotic Brown Rice Protein powder but it tastes horrible! Theres no way I can drink that everyday. What is the best tasting vegan protein powder out there? Give me a brand if you don't mind.

Thanks guys!

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I couldn't find it

If you're just mixing it with water, I'd say gemma pea protein powder tastes best. The only other one I can drink just with water is hemp protein powder. Some people say hemp tastes nasty, but I think that depends on the brand. I like the Manitoba Harvest brand. To me it tastes like "nut butter meets cream of wheat" when you mix it with water.

Both the gemma and hemp protein can be found in bulk at trueprotein.com

If you're mixing your powder in smoothies with stuff that tastes good, soy protein is good too.

-Chris

If you're just mixing it with water, I'd say gemma pea protein powder tastes best. The only other one I can drink just with water is hemp protein powder. Some people say hemp tastes nasty, but I think that depends on the brand. I like the Manitoba Harvest brand. To me it tastes like "nut butter meets cream of wheat" when you mix it with water.

Both the gemma and hemp protein can be found in bulk at trueprotein.com

If you're mixing your powder in smoothies with stuff that tastes good, soy protein is good too.

-Chris

Hey thanks for the quick response Chris!

I usually mix my powders with fruit, peanut butter, almonds, etc. But nothing masks the nasty taste of this rice protein. I'll look into the pea protein and Manitoba Harvest.

thanks again!

anyone else?

Why do you think you're short on protein???

If you really are which nearly nobody is then I say just soy with soy protein isolate...it doesn't have much of any flavor but it works great with some soymilk and fruit.

Why do you think you're short on protein???

If you really are which nearly nobody is then I say just soy with soy protein isolate...it doesn't have much of any flavor but it works great with some soymilk and fruit.

Oh, well I am trying to gain muscle mass and am shooting for around 150 grams per day. I have trouble achieving that without the use of a supplement.

Can you recommend a certain brand of soy protein isolate that you enjoy and tastes pretty good?

Thanks

I used NOW for everything. I love everything all the product they make and I've used their Soy Protein for years before I went vegan.

When it comes to your total protein intake...unless you're already very muscular and workout very intensely without much recovery time 150g is a waste... you just can't use that much.

And now an answer from the physiological anomaly (myself) who only gains mass when eating a LOT of varied amino acids.

I like gemma for a neutral taste. I prefer it for a powder because I try to vary my proteins and I already get enough soy in my diet. I'm not fond of rice or hemp protein - and gemma gives you more bang for your buck, both in amino acid profile and cost.

Kemistry pro core is probably the best tasting protein. It is derived from buckwheat. I've been using a half scoop of kemistry and a half scoop of gemma in soymilk as of late, for a pretty awesome, varied amino profile. I think it's extremely important to take in a variety of protein sources.

You're right that rice protein tastes like crap. Add some maca powder and you have the ultimate in ing smoothie bases.

I second the pea protein in terms of taste. Soy is also pretty good, it can have a creamy taste but also tastes dusty if not mixed with something strong enough.

Kemistry pro core is probably the best tasting protein. It is derived from buckwheat. I've been using a half scoop of kemistry and a half scoop of gemma in soymilk as of late, for a pretty awesome, varied amino profile. I think it's extremely important to take in a variety of protein sources.

Thanks xveganjoshx

I think thats the ticket. good lookin' out!

are you straight edge?

You're right that rice protein tastes like crap. Add some maca powder and you have the ultimate in ing smoothie bases.

I second the pea protein in terms of taste. Soy is also pretty good, it can have a creamy taste but also tastes dusty if not mixed with something strong enough.

haha I'll make sure to steer clear of the macca. thanks.

Thanks xveganjoshx

are you straight edge?

I rock the vegan straight edge. Yeah buddy!

DV: I got the kemistry from bodybuilding.com.

CollegeB: Vega wrecks my stomach like no other. I hear it is very cleansing (whatever that means) and maybe I'm just a dirty little boy . But I feel like crap after taking it. I love the smoothie infusion though. Higher protein and I feel fine taking it.

I do like chocolate vega a lot and eat it plain out of the travel package (gifts from Rob), the smoothie infusion is a nice compromise on nutrition and price. I dont think I could consume vega constantly like I do gemma or even soy. I cant say I get wrecked but it's not wise to be around me.

Thanks xveganjoshx

are you straight edge?

I rock the vegan straight edge. Yeah buddy!

haha nice, its the way to be!

I agree with you on the vega, I bought a couple of MRP packets and could not drink them. It may be a sin to mention on this website, but I think they taste horrible. I haven't had any of the smoothie infusion so I may give that a try.

I agree with you on the vega, I bought a couple of MRP packets and could not drink them. It may be a sin to mention on this website, but I think they taste horrible. I haven't had any of the smoothie infusion so I may give that a try.

I don't like it either. Bought a single serve packet at the local health food store. Actually I thought it was single serve for $3.25 but it was actually half of a serving. It was Berry Blast, tasted like Hairy Ass. Maybe the chocolate (carob?) flavor is better.

It was Berry Blast, tasted like Hairy Ass. Maybe the chocolate (carob?) flavor is better.

LMAO!

I cannot stand the stuff personally so I can't tell you if the chocolate tastes any better.

I realize that some members may have financial ties to the company but I don't think that means we cannot discuss the products honestly.

It was Berry Blast, tasted like Hairy Ass. Maybe the chocolate (carob?) flavor is better.

LMAO!

I cannot stand the stuff personally so I can't tell you if the chocolate tastes any better.

I realize that some members may have financial ties to the company but I don't think that means we cannot discuss the products honestly.

I don't think the chocolate tastes any better! I think it actually tastes worse than the natural/unflavored one.

Some people say hemp tastes nasty, but I think that depends on the brand. I like the Manitoba Harvest brand. To me it tastes like "nut butter meets cream of wheat" when you mix it with water.

hmm... maybe I will try saying that to myself next time I am choking it down to see if it makes a difference. I will chant, "Nut butter meets Cream of Wheat... Nut butter meets cream of wheat" . Perhaps it will also help me gag down the grainy texture. I'll pretend I mixed the nut butter and cream of wheat on purpose and that's why I'm gagging on the sand going down my throat. Thanks LTV

Agreed variety is best.

I'm getting me some of the Buckwheat this week as a matter of fact

Some people say hemp tastes nasty, but I think that depends on the brand. I like the Manitoba Harvest brand. To me it tastes like "nut butter meets cream of wheat" when you mix it with water.

hmm... maybe I will try saying that to myself next time I am choking it down to see if it makes a difference. I will chant, "Nut butter meets Cream of Wheat... Nut butter meets cream of wheat" . Perhaps it will also help me gag down the grainy texture. I'll pretend I mixed the nut butter and cream of wheat on purpose and that's why I'm gagging on the sand going down my throat. Thanks LTV

LOL veggieprincess.

I mix like 4oz water with 2tbs hemp powder in a "rocks" glass, then down it in one chug.

This way I'm only able to chant "Nut Butter meets Cream of Wheat" one time before it's gone.