Troy - 4-8 mo. ("New Start" 2010 pics coming, stay tuned...)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge development, especially in your back! Lats are definitively bigger!

I think Troy's gonna beat the s**t out of others if he enters the chest competition next week.

Dude I'm sure you're inspiring everyone to troy a little bit harder

Haha, I can just imagine Richard saying that with his british accent. ^_^

forearm has some weird thing sticking out of it. All looks good man!

Excellent compliment, I'm not the only one that finds strange muscles sticking out of places that are abnormal to be cool. Thanks robert...

I can see the difference. Good job man, as always your definitely one of the people on here that inspire me.

Thanks phillpeb, I hope to further impress with my forthcoming farmer's tan that I'm developing as well.

Dude I'm sure you're inspiring everyone to troy a little bit harder

When I first read your comment, I was like huh!? Then I read it 10 more times and was still like what the hell does that mean Richard. Then I read Robert comments about "nice one richard" and I was like damn, Robert figured out what Richard meant right away. Still pondered... came back to it today and started laughing. Thanks dude

Troy just keeps getting bigger and bigger

Thanks Jason, slow progress as of late but I'm glad you guys notice, because I find myself scratching my head trying to find the subtle differences. I hope to make better gains this next 4 months now that I'm incorporating squats. Every week that I'm hobbling around like someone beat my legs with a baseball bat I'm telling myself... grow baby grow.

Very nice!

Thanks DV:)

I hope to work up to doing lots again like I used to.

It seems you are perhaps a lefty as well, like myself, tuc and probably some others?

Thanks Lean and Green...!... your "before-before" pics are inspirational to me and they should be to you too. You've been way bigger and stronger than me and if you've been there before you should be confident you can get there again! You've made drastic changes in your body and I look forward to seeing YOUR progress pics over the next year or so. I think alot of people will be surprised.

I'm actually a righty, but sometimes I pump out an extra rep or two with my left. What brought you to that conclusion? Left side look bigger than the right? Specifics brother...

your chest seems to look a lot better. nicely done!!
Huge development, especially in your back! Lats are definitively bigger!

Thanks guys, I haven't been really focusing on arms too much, more of chest and even more of back. Had to settle down on the arms a bit, I was getting some olecranon bursitis.

Geesh, that's an inspiring bunch of photos!! Great job, and thanks for the motivation!!
looking GREAT ! Really inspiring!

Comments like these help motivate me, I thank you all.

I appreciate all of your compliments... I do have a little request if possible. Does anyone have any constructive critism... like where you think I need to improve. I got a private message from someone once that said... "you need to work on your rear delts, they are small compared to your front..." well not exactly that phrase but close enough. Those types of comments really give me something to focus on and its actually more motivating for me.

So does anyone have any critique on where I can improve, as in "A" is bigger or smaller than "B", you should try to build "A/B" by doing some more "X". Things that I notice is that I feel I have a symmetry problem especially in my lats, somewhat in my arms and chest. I've been told other things that I need to work on in the past and I've worked hard to build and overcome my weaknesses. I haven't had much negative critique as of late because everyone is super positive (which I love), but I'm calling out all the critics to throw down a few key strokes and fill me in on your thoughts. Letting me know that I should build everything is a given so try and be specific. My goal is overall balance, back to front, top to bottom. Lay it down...

Ok specifics my man, sorry I did not write down why I thought you were a lefty in the original post. I had to take a look again at the pics. These are some of the reasons why I cam to my conclusion.

In this picture (may08'), your left arm seems to look bigger than your right arm, is it just me?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/troyloferski/IMG_1752.jpg

This pic, you popped out a left bicep flex which just made me think you wanted to show off your more muscular arm. Now that i'm actually analyzing chosen poses closer, it seems like you just tried to show off aspects of both sides evenly in different shots.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/troyloferski/IMG_1733.jpg

Then again in this pic (jan 08') your right bicep and arm in general looks noticeable larger.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/troyloferski/After1.jpg

This pic (may08') you seem to have much better symmetry than in january but perhaps that may be b/c you bulked up and you cannot notice which arm has better shape. Regardless, you look good. Also, it seems like your right arm is bigger in this picture.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/troyloferski/IMG_1739.jpg

Okay now to help with your request of being critical and before I say anything let me just say that everyone has muscle imbalances no matter how much they try to fix them. It's just human nature. The point is to minimize it which it shows that you have been doing a good job at.

Well, since you asked, even though this is just being as critical ans knit picky as possible, these are the parts i would worry about in order of importance in regards to symmetry...

Chest (Incline first, Decline Second, Middle is pretty much ok)

Biceps

Legs

Back

Honestly, I feel that balancing out your back muscles is the absolute least of you problems. Many people have imbalances when it comes to their lats but yours is barely noticeable. Maybe it's just me but that's how I feel....

I didn't notice the chest but after studied the pics hard, I noticed one side was larger and had more development than the other.

Your right bicep in the double biceps pose looks alot fuller where it meets the chest, almost like it's more elongated and larger all around. You can't get that picture of it from the back.

Legs are ok you know it's really hard to tell, I could swear the left side was bigger in the current (than the right), more defined in the older shot (than the right), it could just be the shot. Regardless, legs, having the largest muscles in the body, are highly susceptible to imbalances and should always be watched closely....

And also, thank you very much for your kind words in response to my comment. I really meant it when I said that you pullups in the vid after 4 mos of training inspired me. I am currently up to a set of 7! It keeps getting better.

Lean and Green... wow thanks for the attention detail and time you took to write that post. Much appreciated!

In this picture (may08'), your left arm seems to look bigger than your right arm, is it just me?

I don't think it's you, it appears that way but I wonder if its because that arm is angled in more..? ..thus causing to show more of it? Hmmm...

you popped out a left bicep flex which just made me think you wanted to show off your more muscular arm....

Then again in this pic (jan 08') your right bicep and arm in general looks noticeable larger.

I really have no idea why I flexed the left, I feel my right is bigger and more defined. The shot angle is kinda funny in that it makes my tiny left shoulder look even more tiny...

much better symmetry than in january but perhaps that may be b/c you bulked up and you cannot notice which arm has better shape. Regardless, you look good. Also, it seems like your right arm is bigger in this picture.

Thanks man, good observation and conclusion. Damn the right arm.

everyone has muscle imbalances no matter how much they try to fix them. It's just human nature. The point is to minimize it which it shows that you have been doing a good job at.

Well, since you asked, even though this is just being as critical ans knit picky as possible, these are the parts i would worry about in order of importance in regards to symmetry...

Chest (Incline first, Decline Second, Middle is pretty much ok)

Biceps

Legs

Back

Note taken and will be applied. Great analyzation... good info to go off of, much appreciated.

Many people have imbalances when it comes to their lats but yours is barely noticeable.

Thanks, I read about a test at T-Nation to see if you are balanced from front to back, meaning are your shoulders being pulled forward by too much chest development or are the balanced. The test goes like this...

The Pencil Test

1. Grab a couple of pencils and hold them in your hands with points facing out and your arms at your sides.

2. Look down at your hands. Where are the pencils pointed?

If they're pointed straight ahead, you have optimal shoulder posture and you're awesome. If they're pointed inward diagonally, you have slight internal rotation and you're less awesome. If they're pointing towards each other, you have severe internal rotation and you're completely not awesome.

Mine point diagonally so I'm less awesome. Cool test though, try it out.

I didn't notice the chest but after studied the pics hard, I noticed one side was larger and had more development than the other.

It's deceiving because the way they develop it appears to put my nipple lower than the other on one side. I think chest symmetry is the hardest to work on and isolate.

Your right bicep in the double biceps pose looks alot fuller where it meets the chest, almost like it's more elongated and larger all around. You can't get that picture of it from the back.

Damn that right arm, I'm gonna focus on one arm pullups and one arm dumbbell press with my left arm.

Legs are ok you know it's really hard to tell, I could swear the left side was bigger in the current (than the right), more defined in the older shot (than the right), it could just be the shot.

I feel the same way, good to see someone else notice.

thank you very much for your kind words in response to my comment. I really meant it when I said that you pullups in the vid after 4 mos of training inspired me. I am currently up to a set of 7! It keeps getting better.

No problem, good job on working up to 7, some people underestimate the strength it takes to do pullups, especially for heavier folks. When I see guys 175+ go up and snap out a set of 10, I'm like he's pretty strong, when I see a 210+ guy up and pull out 5, I'm like that guy would pound me.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah my left arm and pec are both smaller than my right.I have decided to put an extra kilo on the left side on all my workouts to force it to be the same as the right!!! NAUGHTY LEFT SIDE !!!!

• 2 months later...

YOU BASTARD!

I want to give you nice compliments, but I HATE YOU!

You've done in 4-8mos. a little MORE than I've done in 2 YEARS!

I want to rip your eyeballs out and SKULL FU...

Ok, I don't want to go Chris Benoit on that ass, but you just motivated the hell outta me. I've been browsing this forum for 4 months. and never looked at your pics untill now. No longer could I watch silently. I had to register and SCREAM AT YOU!

I was skeptical about your training program (though I LOVE the idea of splitting chest and back because my shoulders ache painfully 24/7 [it's sometimes difficult to lift the toilet seat without sharp pain]) Because I didnt think it would train the entire body often enough in one week.

My usual training was:

Mon - Chest, Tri, Legs, Abs, Calves, Forearms

Tue - Back, Bi, Shoulder, Traps, Abs, Calves, Forearms

Thur - Chest, Tri, Legs, Abs, Calves, Forearms

Fri - Back, Bi, Shoulder, Traps, Abs, Calves, Forearms

I now am seriously considering running your program; in fact I logged on a few min ago to check it before I went to the gym, then by chance decided to check your pics.

Now I'm PISSED ENOUGH to lift the entire friggin gym!

I usually neglect the most important factors of gains : rest and diet. I typically get 4hrs sleep a night and an additional 3hr nap during the day, and eat whatever I can as a lonely vegan in a carnivorous household. I play too many video games late-night.

NO MORE! I will DESTROY YOU!

I HATE YOU!

I love you...

Good job man...

I need a hug...

*whimpers softly to self*

Congrats man, you reap what you sow, and you, my friend, are a helluva farmer.

Yo man... Great great work... Hopefully you feel as accomplished as you look.

My body type is a little skinnier than yours was but im basically trying to gain the way you have as far as bulking/cutting combo... more or less I am really trying to gain about 10 more lbs... i would love to pick your brain about some things

I weigh about 187 on avg and would like to get to just under 2 bills, doing it all vegan of course.

I would really appreciate if you helped me out with some of your lifting routines/dietary techniques.

Thanks man, and congrats on your success

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Just about 2 years off from lifting...! Been snowboarding for the last couple winters... been through a few injuries... but feeling good now and 2 weeks of lifting are complete... not looking to put on much mass this time, just get stronger and back in shape. Diet has changed some, not as many calories, different macro ratios, we'll see how it goes... stay tuned...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jason X - Thanks...

Richard, easy my man, taking pics after Labor Day... don't set the expectations too high, I feel relatively the same as when I did my last transformation... although this time around I didn't take any before pics...

Looking good. Can def relate to snowboarding injuries taking you out from lifting. Haven't been lifting since the winter of '08-'09 due to riding injuries. Lost the 25+lbs I gained. Started again in June of this year and I'm already up 20lbs on the way to Two-Hundee...You're a great inspiration!