Henderson vs Silva.................Nice!!!!!!

Henderson barely has a nose left to break... I think Silva will stand with him until it goes to the mat and then he'll submit him. It's a big fight, but I think Silva will prevail. Either way, it's gonna be a great fight.

I don't know, I wouldn't doubt Hendo so quickly. Hendo is at 185, his real weight. Hendo knocked out Ryo Chonan in 22 seconds and Chonan stood with Silva for 2 1/2 rounds before catching him in a submission(although it might have been before silva got his black belt). Henderson is not necessarily the best aggressive fighter at 185(thats probably silva right now) but he has got to be one of the toughest guys to beat. We also know Hendo can go five full rounds and silva has never been past 3.

It could definitely swing in Henderson's favor if it goes into a 4th and 5th round. I'd never count Hendo out - I think it's the toughest fight Silva will have had in the UFC. That said, Silva will come prepared for it. Cannot wait.

Silva for the win!

Hopefully.

I think you are correct

I feel like it will end like the Franklin fight.

No way man, Hendo does everything better than Franklin, ESPECIALLY wrestling and chin - 2 of the most important components needed to beat a guy like Anderson. I also think Hendo is a better striker (Franklin would've got KO'd against Page without a doubt).

As for Anderson submitting Hendo, I highly doubt that, considering the fact that Murilo Bustamante couldn't do it (tho I thought Busta won that fight to be honest). Only the Nog twins have ever submitted Hendo and they are both A) Significantly better on the ground than Silva (Silva is no joke on the ground but those guys are cream of the crop) and B) They were both a lot bigger than Hendo.

Silva for the win!

Hopefully.

I think you are correct

No way man, Hendo does everything better than Franklin, ESPECIALLY wrestling and chin - 2 of the most important components needed to beat a guy like Anderson. I also think Hendo is a better striker (Franklin would've got KO'd against Page without a doubt).

As for Anderson submitting Hendo, I highly doubt that, considering the fact that Murilo Bustamante couldn't do it (tho I thought Busta won that fight to be honest). Only the Nog twins have ever submitted Hendo and they are both A) Significantly better on the ground than Silva (Silva is no joke on the ground but those guys are cream of the crop) and B) They were both a lot bigger than Hendo.

so you feel Hendo will win? OR that it is difficult to call?

Silva for the win!

Hopefully.

I think you are correct

so you feel Hendo will win? OR that it is difficult to call?

I won't be surprised if Anderson pulls it off but yes, I'm pulling for Hendo. Comparing Franklin to Hendo is just plain silly, if Evan Tanner or David Loiseau had Hendo's punching power, people would still be looking for Franklin's head (if you've seen those fights and you know how hard Dan hits, you know what I mean)

Nobody who splits 2 fights with Wanderlei, splits 2 fights with Nog, and arguably defeats Rampage (I had Hendo ahead all the way up until the very last second knockdown by Rampage) while being a natural MW (against 205ers and Heavyweights) is gonna go down easy, not even against Anderson.

• 2 weeks later...

i am so ready to see this fight. lots of people have been talking about it at work. i honestly don't know how to call it. could go either way in my book. i am just ready to see a good fight.

also want to see how Evan Tanner will do in his comeback. Yushin Okami is no walk in the park.

edit: this just in from the UFC website!

"UFC® President Dana White will be making a major announcement at the UFC® 82 PRIDE OF A CHAMPION pre-fight press conference in Columbus, Ohio.

UFC.COM will feature the official announcement at 1pm EST. Look for video highlights of the press conference featuring Dana White, along with a special guest, making the announcement later in the day."

special guest? major announcement? who what?!

wow, I guess I was wrong about this fight, good thing my Anderson Silva nuthugging friend was too broke to bet me on it hahaha I was ready to throw down some $$ on Hendo.

I don't know who else is left to face Anderson, he totally owns that division now that he's gotten Hendo out of the way. Okami is the only realistic challenger left but I see Anderson knocking him out too.

Maybe if GSP moves up in weight but I dont' see that happening, 170 really seems to be his niche.

Wanderlei could do well by moving down to 185 but if he fights like he has been recently Anderson would walk right through him. Anderson vs. the old Wanderlei would be crazy tho!

Choke I dont know if you caoght the post fight internview of silva on UFC.com but he actually said he would rather move down in weight then up. I immediately thought of GSP vs. Silva match. That would be a great match.

That would be ofcourse after GSP finally sends Serra back to his lightweight division. I cant wait for Serra to move down, the lightweight division is lookiing real good now. God I am nervous for Serra. At least Serra is friends with GSP. Also he didnt laugh at GSP the way Hughes did. I will always think that there was a little extra umph in GSP when he faced Hughes, because of GSP hearing so much about Hughes laughing.

I really was hoping for a Hughes ns. Serra contest but it was worth watching Hughes crumble.

this fights really erases any doubt that Anderson Silva is one of the best in the world. defeating a top ranked light heavyweight like Dan Henderson is an incredible accomplishment. i guess Okami would be the next in line for a shot. i think Okami is very good and i would give him the edge against anybody else... except for Silva. they may have to bring in some competition from outside the UFC, like Matt Lindland, Robbie Lawler or Dennis Kang maybe. OR better yet, have Anderson move up or down to a different weight division. see how good he would do against a light heavyweight like Chuck Liddell or a welterweight like GSP. not much left for him at this weight division.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree with ronnie that at this time there is no one that can beat anderson silver in the middle weight division in UFC. Okami does stand a chance but I think he will still lose. Anderson Silva punches like chuck liddell, but has ground game like BJ Penn. It will be hard for anyone to defeat him.

Has anyone seen the fight with Silva and Chonan? Now that was something cool. If you missed it check it out on you tube.

Anderson has soild Jiu Jitsu, but it's not even close to Penn's. As far as fighters with a chance. None in the 185 divsion in the UFC. Matt Lindland would have a chance but it would have to go the distance. As far as guys in the UFC at 185 or below GSP has the best shot. If Anderson decides to go up to 205 then there are quiet a few guys that would have a good chance of beating him by taking him down.