A Good Boxing / Professional, Vegan Jumprope???

So when i used to box back in the day, we always used leather jump ropes and coated them in the center with vasoline so that they skipped fluid and had great motion.

Now that i'm vegan both inside and out, i am wondering if anyone knows of a good jump rope to recommend that is comparable to the old school hard core boxing gym leather style jump ropes used. I really want to start skipping again and those rinky y plastic ones don't do it for me.

Thanks.........

I have a great Nike "rope". Its some type of polymer with a thinner black cord inside of a clear cord. It doesn't kink easily and is pretty easy to get spinning fast. I don't like it quite as much as a steel cable speed rope I bought on ebay but its close(my nephews pretty much destroyed it using it as a tug toy for their dog).

I've tried a few weighted ones. I really like the light weighted rope...you can go really fast with them. The heavy weight ropes are really weird though and it doesn't feel so hot when you hit your toes and you will hit your toes since the rhythm is so different.

Potter - I was looking at that Nike rope (i have a friend that gets to shop at the nike employee store). Is the rope long enough? The biggest problem I have is finding a jump rope that will clear my 6'2" height without hitting me in the back of the head.

I'm just a little shorter than you and I had to cut about 8 inches of rope off. However I jump rope a lot and people that jump rope a lot use really short ropes compared to most people since you learn jump very low and the rope barely makes it past my head. I can imagine though...it'll be too long for you as well.