1 million dollar deer

Troy

I received a mass email that depicted a live, then dead deer that scored a 248. I deer hunted once about 15 years ago and from what I remember I think the score is based on the antlers. He has 21 points an inside spread of 32 inches and an outside spread of 34 inches. Which is very large and quite amazing to see. Too bad the deer is now dead. The hunters are selling the deer for a million dollars.

Question is, would you kill an animal for a million dollars?

Found a link to the deer after doing some keyword searches on google:

Heart Attack Buck

PS I obviously no longer hunt.

What if by killing one animal for a million dollars you were able to use that money to save many more animals? Would it be justified then?

I thought about that too... I think the sheer hypocrisy of that would do more harm than good to AR causes.

Also, consider the prospect of killing a human in scientific research so you could save many other human beings. Definitely questionable from an ethical standpoint, IMO.

-Chris

Slavery affected millions, but one life is one life.

Not saying I'd kill one or sacrifice one to save many, but I bet most would. I think the "many" is an important factor. What if we're talking millions? What if it is billions? Logic has to play a factor too and in some cases, I bet it overrules morality or ethics.

Again, I'm not saying I'd want to have to make a decision like or would know how to react to that question, but just some "factors" to think about.

A good amount of people could probably benefit from one slave as well...or extensive cruel medical testing on one person...I'm not gonna be the person to put that person or animal in that situation.

Slavery affected millions, but one life is one life.

Not saying I'd kill one or sacrifice one to save many, but I bet most would. I think the "many" is an important factor. What if we're talking millions? What if it is billions? Logic has to play a factor too and in some cases, I bet it overrules morality or ethics.

Again, I'm not saying I'd want to have to make a decision like or would know how to react to that question, but just some "factors" to think about.

You're right about that. You could go even further and ask yourselves the question whether it would be unethical NOT to sacrifice one life to save millions.